LoadingReadyRun: Just Drive

dubious_wolf

Obfuscated Information
Jun 4, 2009
Hahaha there's that ending bit! I was waiting for Ben to come running out in a ski mask! then an altercation with paul would ensue over who's get away car it was while Matt crept away, to tell, whom I can only assume was, officer Gomez about the crime. Was the perp. that Gomez (James) was refering to Ben or Paul? in all honestly I was expecting it to be Ben...
Hilarious all the same. Great Jorb y'all

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
I was hoping for a horse and Giant turtle too, but aside from that, a brillant video! Well done you crowd of awesome you.

JoshTheater

LRR Enthusiast
Nov 20, 2009
Alright, so for a second, I was really disappointed. When the main part ended, I thought "Wow, wasn't really much of a punchline there." The joke was really just the ridiculousness of it, and the cop giving the other a piggyback ride accentuated that. As for the criminal teaching Matt how to drive, it was funny and well executed, but I'm almost certain I've seen that done in something else. So when this video ended, I was disappointed.

But then I saw the stinger, and it saved the entire skit. I cracked up. It was an extremely clever and hilarious ending, and I just pray that everyone who watches the video will stick around through the credits to watch it, because THAT was the real joke.

Stilt-Man

Dec 31, 2009
This is the funniest one on the Escapist so far. The driving bit was the best! You could have made a whole sketch out of that. Great work!

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
Great video guys, this proves to be a wonderful collection of shorts.

Kollega said:
But what does bit after the credits mean? I don't get it.
The man who asked the main character to wait in the car was making him wait so he could go rob a house(I assume), which is kind of funny when you consider that the police were chasing a criminal on the same street.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
i was laughing so hard on how Paul was telling Matt how to drive stick
also yeah The British Columbian police force need more funding!

also can Matt actually drive a standard car?

sln333

Jun 22, 2009
The police there wear sneakers and go around piggyback riding? Good luck to them.

JoshTheater

LRR Enthusiast
Nov 20, 2009
jboking said:
Kollega said:
But what does bit after the credits mean? I don't get it.
The man who asked the main character to wait in the car was making him wait so he could go rob a house(I assume), which is kind of funny when you consider that the police were chasing a criminal on the same street.
It also makes it ironic that Matt would panic when being carjacked when he himself was a criminal helping Ben rob a house.

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
That guy was the worst hostage EVER

He kinda deserves to be taken at gunpoint

Brilliant bit of comedy with the piggyback ride, though

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
That was amazing, the beginning was a bit predictable but it didn't hurt the humor. As soon as it popped backwards I somehow knew that there was going to be a driving lesson involved. Genius.

shufflemonkey16

Mar 7, 2008
This series is turning out really well. I feel like the whole stick shift car scenario could have provided a whole lot more material, but I still greatly approve and will now be watching regularly.