LoadingReadyRun: Pony Time

Amgeo

Apr 14, 2011
Silk_Sk said:
Amgeo said:
Among other things, I agree with Kathleen that "Pega-sister" just isn't as good a word as "Brony." The latter is simply so much easier to say.

You know, I'm kind of glad that I don't live in the Commodore Hustle universe. Seems LRR videos there are a lot more fun to talk about than they are to watch. I prefer this universe's LRR.

I myself only started watching MLP this past weekend. Before you go all "welcome to the herd" on me, I feel I should mention that this wasn't a major turnabout, or even surprising to my friends. I have always appreciated quality cartoons, Avatar being one of my favorites.
I bring this up because I want to compare this to an essay that C.S. Lewis wrote on the subject of adults enjoying material aimed at children. To paraphrase, he said that growth is found in adding new things to your perspective, not in discarding one thing in favor of something else. In essence, I liked kid's shows as a kid, and now that I am older I like kid's shows and "adult" shows. I have grown, not by abandoning old things, but by adding new ones to my collection.
I believe the quote you are looking for is "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis
Excellent! I wasn't sure about the exact wording. Thank you for that.

zombiejoe

Sep 2, 2009
Ok episode

I got a few chuckles (especially from My Little Bear: Mauling is Magic)

But I felt like I could guess what was coming very easily.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
JonnWood said:
Matt_LRR said:

For the record, I am, and remain, the sole member of LRR that has more than a passing interest in MLP:FiM. Shame, really.

-m
Well, it's obvious what you have to do.

Kill the Batman.
That's your solution for everything!

"I lost my job." - Kill the Batman
"I didn't win that contest." -Kill the Batman
"I spilled my tea." -Kill the Batman.

DJShire

Sep 27, 2008
For those of you who don't know, I don't care for MLP:FiM. I gave it a shot, and its a good kids show...that I have no interest in.

I also don't like some of bronies....some. Being fans of something is entirely ok, as long as you CHECK YOURSELF and don't TURN INTO FANATICS ABOUT IT. There is the stereotype of the brony, which is actually the vocal, zealous, crazy minority that I don't like and get infinite lulz from trolling just because its easy and the response is almost always the same: they tell me how wrong I am, they try to convert me....its HILARIOUS.

C F

Jan 10, 2012
Matt_LRR said:
For the record, I am, and remain, the sole member of LRR that has more than a passing interest in MLP:FiM. Shame, really.

-m
[img ]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070828112160/ageofempires/images/e/e9/Monkfade.jpg[/img]​
Ah, that is unfortunate. I would have liked to see Graham converted.

Of course, the whole thing seemed to be a scripted dramatization of the basic conversion process. Lacked a bit of credibility in my opinion. Nice presentation, though.

"Let's watch... My Little Pony."
"For science!"

Next in line, please. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation]

Soleron

Nov 18, 2009
DJShire said:
the response is almost always the same: they tell me how wrong I am, they try to convert me....its HILARIOUS.
Since you gave it a shot, anyone who's still trying to convince you is wrong.

Understand that the obsession part comes more from the fanart/music/games than the show.

Master Cylinder

Sep 14, 2011
My initial thought when I saw the video title:
Oh great, they acknowledged the bronies... (sigh).
My current thought:

Robert632

May 11, 2009
Master Cylinder said:
My current thought:
Really? My first and current thought was why they didn't do this when it was more topical. Y'know, when the 2nd season started, and the pony threads went out of control.

bossfight1

Apr 23, 2009
Not G. Ivingname said:
Graham_LRR said:
Welcome to the herd! :D

Step 46 of assimilation the Escapist has been completed.

Now only Yahtzee stands between us and world domination.

Resistance is silly.
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

Lightning Delight

Apr 21, 2011
This was very entertaining. Although the conversation Matt had with Graham and James sounds eerily similar to the one I had with my friends today. Weird.

And don't worry about the rest of LRR not being huge fans of MLP yet. I had a friend who was constantly harassing me about the show, so I had her watch a few episodes. She said it was alright, but not great. Two days later she comes up to me, begging to let her watch more pony.

All will be assimilated into the herd.........

LilithSlave

Sep 1, 2011
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOPONY.

Well, that was pretty glorious. We are the culture.

Also, I don't think you have to accept the term "brony" just because you're a fan of My Little Pony.

Just putting that out there.

Master Cylinder

Sep 14, 2011
Robert632 said:
Master Cylinder said:
My current thought:
Really? My first and current thought was why they didn't do this when it was more topical. Y'know, when the 2nd season started, and the pony threads went out of control.
I had something to say, then I looked at your avatar, and I am currently unable to comprehend the load of awesome that I just saw... what were we talking about?

Indignation837

Apr 11, 2010
Saw that dragon fart joke coming from a mile away.

Laughed hysterically anyway.

I suppose if LRR gives MLP a thumbs up, I might actually have to check it out one of these days.

Robert632

May 11, 2009
Master Cylinder said:
Robert632 said:
Master Cylinder said:
My current thought:
I had something to say, then I looked at your avatar, and I am currently unable to comprehend the load of awesome that I just saw... what were we talking about?
Just look away and...You'll recover. Eventually.