LoadingReadyRun: Redundancy

Serafis

Mar 24, 2010
Good times. I think the humour was lost on me this time. I did, however, find it entertaining.

SandroTheMaster

Apr 2, 2009
Heh. Reminds me of a time I had 4 different forms of data storage for a College Presentation and not one worked (in order: Saved in the HD, Pendrive, e-mailed to myself and even a hard copy), but it was because the original save was corrupted and I didn't check as I printed and copied...

And that just because I followed a rule of thumb from a professor of mine: always keep two backups and a hard copy of important data, less than that and you can still be screwed, more and you were destined to be screwed. Since the problem was with the original I can hardly blame her...

(And on the "brazilian" part, I can't say it was offensive, but it's like forgetting half of Canada speaks english)

Klied

Mar 25, 2010
Great video, it had me laughing at times. Sad thing is, I've been through something like that..had a ton of different backups planned everyone of them went to crap. I didn't have a hard copy though. =(

Voodoomancer

Jun 8, 2009
Damn you, I was THIS close *pinches fingers in the air* to spewing milk and cookie bits over my computer at the punchline joke.

xD Awesome, as always.

Admiral Stukov

I spill my drink!
Jul 1, 2009
I want, no, I demand a holocube to make up for the failure that the holocube isn't invented yet!

Wait... damnit.

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
that was just great stuff...epic punchline too
also, was the tie a reference to Valve's ARG for Portal 2? XD

Nevrmore

Jul 27, 2009
MisterColeman said:
Anyway the point is that he could have done all the stuff that guy did, possibly better, but it wasn't him and he didn't.
Alex didn't have any lines in the video (humble, since he wrote this one). All he did was mug. You're saying Yahtzee could have done that better? Stop trying to save face.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
Novur said:
"Holocube?"

"The technology hasn't been invented yet."

Love it.
In my opinion that wasn't the punchline of that joke. The punchline was Jeremy looking at it and realizing that he shouldn't have that thing out at all and hastily puts it away. Although I like the subtleties of jokes more than the jokes themselves.

groundedcrow

Sep 30, 2008
"Steve, we haven't had an overhead projector in ten years."

Yet my highschool has one in every room. What is wrong with education these days?

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
I would love to be goin to PAX east but sadly I live on the east cost of Ireland, many many many Many miles away but I hope you guys have a great time at it with loads of fun stories to brin back for us

-M

Vortigar

Nov 8, 2007
This one absolutely cracked me up.

Never seen a single presentation run completely smoothly.

TheScottishFella

The Know-it all Detective
Nov 9, 2009
latenightapplepie said:
I didn't get it...

Am I stupid or something? Or was it just not that funny?
it's funny because people always rely on visual presentations rather than just the hard copy!

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
"I hid a microfilm in the leg of this table last week......" (*removes table leg*)
"We actually just got that new. We wanted to go from dark walnut to walnut. The difference is subtle, but I think it really adds to the aesthetic of the room."
"...Oh."
"Also you owe us $549."

AND...

"...Betamax?..."
"YES! We have a Betamax player!!"
"...No wait, these are personal videos."
"UUUUUUUGH"

LRR = awesome. Nothing else needs to be said.