LoadingReadyRun: Videogame Fighting Tournament

sketchesofpayne

Sep 11, 2008
Pure Brilliance. Good job guys.

Actually that would make a cool sim game: "Underground Fighting Tournament Organizer."

Rhino of Steel

Sep 29, 2008
You really outdid yourselves, great work.

I'm amazed how many references I got considering I haven't owned a single fighting game outside of Smash Bros. Geek osmosis is a wonderful thing.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I can't believe you guys missed out on the ultimate matchup possibility: Billy and Jimmy Lee vs. Red Guy and White Guy from Karate Champ.

..but seriously, I laughed, hard.

Jbird said:
I believe these tournaments should be sponsored under one organization. It'll make the match-ups less of a hassle.
But then we'd have to call it something silly, like "Super Dead or Soul Fist Kombat Fighter... vs. Marvel", or something. Imagine the costs of T-shirt printing!

sketchesofpayne said:
Actually that would make a cool sim game: "Underground Fighting Tournament Organizer."
Oh, I'd SO buy that.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
awesome once again!
i did not get all the jokes but the ones i did get was pure gold!

was Paul wearing a Rogers shirt? shame Paul!

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
Did anyone else pick up on the creepy doll dog from last Commodore Hustle on Graham?s desk at the beginning?

EDIT: Also Lrr makes Mondays not like a certain Boomtown rats song. :)

Uber-Phantom

Aug 2, 2009
Well, I guess they could have gotten Gilgamesh from Dissidia (and alot of the rest of the final fantasy series but Dissidia's the fighting game) to cover for Goro.

Woem

May 28, 2009
Awesome episode! You could have booked Sheeva though: a four-armed female! And this is a missed opportunity to see Kathleen as Kitana...

Da_Vane

Dec 31, 2007
Alar said:
"This fight... is amazing!"

Damn you for not showing us the awe-inspiring wonder of ancient graphics going hella crazy in a martial artist exhibition!
I'd totally want to see that fight!

The Seldom Seen Kid

Apr 28, 2010
I, uhm, didn't catch any of that.
*shame*

I suspect that if I did play fighting games (other than SSBB) I might have enjoyed this more.

bojac6

Oct 15, 2009
I know y'all are on Canada time or whatever, but I'm pretty sure the 7th is a Saturday.

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
Woem said:
Awesome episode! You could have booked Sheeva though: a four-armed female!
Come to think of it.... what, was that four-armed tiger guy Kintaro not available either?

WNivek

Nov 9, 2009
A great video, as always. :)

One minor quibble, and this is probably intentional, but the character known alternately as Balrog and Bison is the American boxer, whereas it sounds more like you're talking about the Shadaloo dictator, who goes by Bison and Vega. (And yes, for those keeping score at home, the Spaniard with the mask and claws is Vega and Balrog.)

It would be awesome now if someone would throw together an Ultimate Facepunch League video game, populated with random castoffs like Sektor, A Ninja... and the handful who didn't cancel, like Mishima, Riptor, and Blue Suede Goo. You could try including Voldo too, if the reality show falls through.

Randall Savage

Nov 3, 2008
The Rogue Wolf said:
sketchesofpayne said:
Oh, I'd SO buy that.
Another vote here!

Anyone got the skills to make a simple but addictive game based on surviving the stressful trials we have just witnessed?

post script /edit.
I've now watched this LRR episode at least 6 times. It's just amazing.

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
Haha, man this is where loving fighting games really comes in handy :D That was great, lol.

km245

Jan 25, 2010
That was one of the funniest videos I have seen on the Escapist yet. And I totally remember that Ninja!

Vortigar

Nov 8, 2007
Akira called, VF5FS just got released in arcades...

There's about 50 SNK characters without jobs out there.

And an almost entire Darkstalkers cast who are just itching.

Someone should mugen a tournament together of every fighting game character that hasn't been in a game for the last ten years.

Ah, that Scotsman from Kasumi Ninja is just going to mess everybody up anyway so who cares.

theshadowcult

Dec 1, 2009
I hate you guys... do you have any idea how long it's going to take me to get that fight idea out of my oh look! A Penny!