LoadingReadyRun: Ways to Fall Asleep

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
Oh..Oh God! Flashbacks to the nightmare that was my Models Class.... Thanks LRR I will never sleep again.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
"Ways to..." videos are the best.

But what is the music in all of them?

Get ready to sleep:

This puts you to sleep? It doesn't drive you into a frothing rage?

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
Hate to tell you but that Turkey thing is most definitely NOT A MYTH. Get your facts straight.

JC175

Feb 27, 2009
"Ben Stein reads Droning Russian Folk Songs" i think has the capability to put anybody to sleep almost instantly, personally.

korandder

Astronoob
Nov 25, 2009
Keab42 said:
For anybody who is interested, You can find all the previous X ways to Y videos here: http://loadingreadyrun.com/videos/archive/all/date/desc?search=ways+to
Not all of them. Not the season one videos.

Lectures are surprisingly effective at putting me to sleep.

Wolveria

Jul 7, 2009
Anyone else notice that Paul was probably raped at least twice in that video? First in the hypnosis scene where the guy puts a wig on him, the second was the roofy in the club. Poor Paul...

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Ha, the sleeper hold part was excellent. I thought that X Ways to Y2K had been your farewell to X Ways to Y videos, I'm glad to see I was wrong :-D

...Where are the older videos that are not on the site? I want to soak in your entire history :-O

Mattteus

May 1, 2009
"'how do you get clean from a milk bath?' 'rinse in coffee'"

The music made it all the better

Keab42

Nov 30, 2009
korandder said:
Not all of them. Not the season one videos.
That would be because Season 1 is no longer available online.

The Random One said:
...Where are the older videos that are not on the site? I want to soak in your entire history :-O
If you visit this thread over on the LRR forums you will be able to view one more X ways to Y video (and a few other Season 1 vids as well).

http://loadingreadyrun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10164

Just follow the instructions in the thread to download it.

DudeMan1031

Jul 16, 2009
It's good to see the return of X Ways to Y, I was really missing my Sam Raimi.
Really cool that you did an opposite to your Ways to Stay Awake video.

Matt_LRR

Unequivocal Fan Favorite
Nov 30, 2009
Digikid said:
Hate to tell you but that Turkey thing is most definitely NOT A MYTH. Get your facts straight.
Actually, we did. There is trypophan in turkey, and tryptophan is a chemical that makes you sleepy. However, the actual quantity of tryptophan in turkey is too low to have any affect on a person after a single meal (no matter how much you crammed downn on thanksgiving). You get sleepy after eating a huge turkey dinner because you're stuffed so full of food your body needs time to digest.

You'd be sleepy if you ate that much of anything, it has nothing to do with the turkey itself.

-m

DJShire

Sep 27, 2008
Matt_LRR said:
Digikid said:
Actually, we did. There is trypophan in turkey, and tryptophan is a chemical that makes you sleepy. However, the actual quantity of tryptophan in turkey is too low to have any affect on a person after a single meal (no matter how much you crammed downn on thanksgiving). You get sleepy after eating a huge turkey dinner because you're stuffed so full of food your body needs time to digest.

You'd be sleepy if you ate that much of anything, it has nothing to do with the turkey itself.

-m
My first thought: