LoadingReadyRun: Ways to Fall Asleep

Kyogissun

Notably Neutral
Jan 12, 2010
Oh, LOW blow to Eternal Sonata guys. Low ****ing blow. XD

Still hilarious though. Loved this X Ways to Y.

Toar

Nov 13, 2009
I want her to read me a bedtime story... *Snickers* But we all know that I'm sleeping alone to night... *sigh*

Zivlok

Dec 12, 2008
1337girlFTW said:
You forgot one thing: Watching curling. I slept well during the Olympics :)
More "How to"s!! <3
Hey, curling is fucking amazing. Don't even front.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
JC175 said:
"Ben Stein reads Droning Russian Folk Songs" i think has the capability to put anybody to sleep almost instantly, personally.
I'd so totally buy it to help with my sleeping problems. Ben Stein just has this way of shutting down the functionality of the human brain with his voice.

And once again, LRR delivers the chuckles like a pizza guy expecting a $20 tip. But poor Paul... he's just too pretty a man to be left alone and defenseless in situations like that.

pigmy wurm

Nov 18, 2009
The Rogue Wolf said:
But poor Paul... he's just too pretty a man to be left alone and defenseless in situations like that.
are you talking about the roofy or the tub of milk?

asterismW

May 26, 2009
Keab42 said:
For anybody who is interested, You can find all the previous X ways to Y videos here: http://loadingreadyrun.com/videos/archive/all/date/desc?search=ways+to
Excellent, thank you! I'm new to LRR, so I see something awesome like this and I say, "Cool! They should do more videos like these!" only to read the comments and find out they already have.

Tim_LRR

Nov 16, 2009
Mister Fiend said:
You know Tim spent the rest of the day wearing the Luchadore mask and challenging people to steel cage matches.
Actually it was Matt in the luchadore mask. : )

Woem

May 28, 2009
I definitely wouldn't mind a bedtime story by Kathleen. Sweet dreams.

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
Matt_LRR said:
Digikid said:
Hate to tell you but that Turkey thing is most definitely NOT A MYTH. Get your facts straight.
Actually, we did. There is trypophan in turkey, and tryptophan is a chemical that makes you sleepy. However, the actual quantity of tryptophan in turkey is too low to have any affect on a person after a single meal (no matter how much you crammed downn on thanksgiving). You get sleepy after eating a huge turkey dinner because you're stuffed so full of food your body needs time to digest.

You'd be sleepy if you ate that much of anything, it has nothing to do with the turkey itself.

-m
Sorry but still untrue. I have seen and experienced this myself. Some people just have a single serving and afterwards are still falling asleep.

Science is not always correct....as a matter of fact is is only right about 40% of the time.

g.a.dyke

Mar 8, 2010
Digikid said:
Matt_LRR said:
Digikid said:
Hate to tell you but that Turkey thing is most definitely NOT A MYTH. Get your facts straight.
Actually, we did. There is trypophan in turkey, and tryptophan is a chemical that makes you sleepy. However, the actual quantity of tryptophan in turkey is too low to have any affect on a person after a single meal (no matter how much you crammed downn on thanksgiving). You get sleepy after eating a huge turkey dinner because you're stuffed so full of food your body needs time to digest.

You'd be sleepy if you ate that much of anything, it has nothing to do with the turkey itself.

-m
Sorry but still untrue. I have seen and experienced this myself. Some people just have a single serving and afterwards are still falling asleep.

Science is not always correct....as a matter of fact is is only right about 40% of the time.
The general belief is that it's the various things you consume alongside the turkey which make you tired, though not the turkey itself. You may have seen and experienced tiredness after consuming a lot of turkey, but I doubt you were sat munching on nothing but dry turkey, unseasoned and unaccompanied.