Loud music.... Is it really that much of a crime?

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
It pisses me the fuck off, because 90% 100% of the time it's music that you'd rather not listen to.

Don't know how it ever relates to Hispanics, everyone does it and every time it's shitty rap music.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
I do blast my music a lot during the summer. But I do so on really busy highways where no one is gonna notice. It just feels good, driving to the beach for a day of surfing, blaring some Pixies with the windows down. But I turn it down when I'm in neighborhoods or any area where I know it will actually bother people (anywhere near homes, shopping centers, parks, etc). I turn it down in low speed limit areas too, but more because I don't need to overcome the sound of traveling 60 to 80 miles an hour with the windows down.

Euhan01

Mar 16, 2011
Loud music is annoying, and thats just it. If somebodies playing loud music its a pain, and if I can get around it I will, but aslong as its reasonably considerate (I.E. no at 3 in the morning) its hardly the end of the world and just get on with life.

p3t3r

Apr 16, 2009
teehee me and my friends drove around for a bit yesterday blasting this song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bAN7Ts0xBo
though we only played it once and it was just for jokes

GotMalkAvian

Feb 4, 2009
I don't usually mind loud music, and have been known to crank it up to 11 on occasion. However, when I can't hear my own radio or TV because of someone else's sound system a half-mile away, it becomes a problem. Besides being incredibly intrusive and annoying to people who don't want to listen to it, it can cause huge problems for people nearby who just want to sleep. As someone who works nights, I can attest to the inconvenience of people who think it's okay to play really loud music during the day.

I'm not a big fan of racism, either, but I have to admit that Latin people do seem to enjoy their loud music more than other groups. I work for a shipping company, and our warehouse crew is about as diverse as you can get; hanging out in the parking lot before or after the shift, the only music that really blares over everything else is the repetetive "DUN duh-dun duh-duh DUN duh-dun" of Reggaeton.

The_Yeti

Jan 17, 2011
Blaring music is definitely illegal in many ways, but biggest so is i'd believe it as cruel and unusual punishment, what the hell did any of us do to have to listen to your god-awful taste in noise pollution? for what reason are you allowed to bombard us with a medium that is not of our choosing?

You wanna blow out your own eardrums fine, but if you blare music at me and harm mine I've got every right to smash your speakers and your face in self defense.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
If they are driving past and the music is blaring in their car, then its I am fine with it, you hear it for a second and then they are gone. However, if I am on the bus or on the train I do not want to hear the music of other people. I have invested in headphones because other people don't want to hear my music so I would expect and want the same courtesy. You like rap? fine, then listen to rap on your headphones, don't thrust your music choices on me by playing it loudly on your phone or whatever, then act pissed when someone tells you to turn it off.

(Sorry about the rant, it's just that this kind of behaviour really annoys me)

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
We don't all want to listen to their shitty music. Especially at three in the morning when you are trying to sleep.

Irriduccibilli

Jun 15, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
For the same reason you don't pump music out of your mobile phone while on public transport.

It's rude, and not everyone wants to listen to your shitty music.
I agree with this. If there really was a god, then why the heck hasnt he come down yet to smite the people who pump up their music in public transport.

neuromantic

May 4, 2009
Loud music is great as long as it's music that YOU LIKE.

If you've ever been stuck behind some guy blasting out the kind of music that makes you want to claw your own ears off your face, then you'll know what I mean.

Music is something that is very personal - I'm sure no one needs me to tell them that.

I just always think of it as a gesture of goodwill and respect to other people if I keep my music out of people's faces.

neuromantic

May 4, 2009
Irriduccibilli said:
Daystar Clarion said:
For the same reason you don't pump music out of your mobile phone while on public transport.

It's rude, and not everyone wants to listen to your shitty music.
I agree with this. If there really was a god, then why the heck hasnt he come down yet to smite the people who pump up their music in public transport.
I can't tell you how much I hate the fact that I was raised and live in England, and no one in this country seems capable of actually VOICING the hatred we all have for the morons who blast music on the bus. We can only give them the silent, frosty, disapproving glare of MIDDLE-CLASS ENGLISH RAGE.

Ranooth

BEHIND YOU!!
Mar 26, 2008
It may not be a crime, but i will tell you that its fucking annoying and unfair when all you can hear and feel is crappy dubstep at 4am when you have a key lecture at 9.

mlkjhgfds

Nov 5, 2008
Y'all hollier-than-thou political correctness brainwashed scandalmonger slaves, here's a tribute from me to your fake offendable sensibilities :

Ever hang around lots of people from many different countries ? Ever live with them for a considerable period of time ? (no, probably not, considering where most of you guys live and what most of you will be doing with your lives, but bear with me) - You might end up with a conclusion around the lines of, say, "hispanics can be louder than the average". Gawds, CULTURE bleepin' HAPPENS.

(sorry about the slight off-topic, but I just can't stand the pseudo-antiracist hypocrisy, especially since its reprensentatives ultimately, though most often unconsciously, happen to be the most racist of all - do grow up and accept that prejudiced opinions just might have some measure of justification, willya?)

FallenTraveler

Jun 11, 2010
stl520nlv said:
"Ok I'm sorry if this offends some of you, but why do Hispanics think its ok to blast there damn music in our neighborhood? Like seriously its annoying."

One of my Facebook friends posted this on her wall. Really??? Obviously it's going to offend someone, that someone being me. I am not really Hispanic, but racism is a big deal to me. What does ethnicity have to do with anything with music? This forum is not about racism, but where it applies to this situation, feel free to comment on it.

Anyways, I am not one to turn up my music all the way just to let other people hear my music, but i've never had a problem with others doing it either. It may get on some peoples' nerves, but you only hear it for a few seconds before you pass each other on the road and then the sound is gone. It's not going to hurt anyone, so if you've got a system to show off, why not show it off, right? I say turn it up and let everyone know what kind of music you like. Doesn't bother me.
Okay, in cars I understand.

but for me personally

When youre blasting hip hop in the dorm room nextdoor while I am trying to study? Fuck. You.

I dont know your friend but if they were trying to study and all they can here is the cholo's down the street with their music then I understand completely.

Also, it's fucking annoying when you're trying to sleep and music is blasting.

bpm195

May 21, 2008
It really bothers me that in Philadelphia it's illegal for me to wear headphones while riding my bike, but it's not illegal for a person in a car to blast their music so loud I can't hear my own music.

If you like loud music that's fine and you can do whatever you want so long as you aren't having an affect on me, but if you do have an affect on me it's a problem. If you're not at least trying to mitigate your affect on others you're a dick and if you come close enough to breaking the law I'll gladly call the cops on you.

Archeopterix

Jun 28, 2004
gabe12301 said:
It's only annoying when you feel the vibrations of their horrible song through the freaking road.
This. Nothing to do with any ethnicity. I have chronic headaches and I don't need them getting any worse and that subwoofer might sound sweet inside the car but on the outside it's just painful.

Kagim

Aug 26, 2009
Because it's fucking annoying. You got a shiny sound system? That's great, I really don't want to hear "Riding dirty" at the best of times. Hearing it blasting, bass and treble at max, makes me want to claw your eyes out with your own, severed, dirty, finger nails.

Only for a second? Red light, Stop sign, Cock stain in a the drive-thru lane blasting his shitty music while placing his order, then proceeds to do so all the way through the line up.

Fun-Fact! If you blast your shitty music with the bass blasting in drive-thru McDonalds staff are about twenty times more likely to serve you shitty food we were going to through away rather then wait the twenty five seconds it would take to get you fresh stuff just to get you to fuck off.

Finally, why not show it off? If people approached you shoved there Ipad in your face for even five seconds, then walked off, at a rate of 2 people per minute. How long would it take for you to snap?

EllEzDee

Nov 29, 2010
Facebook's a place for all those "normal" people to release their dumb-fuckery. You should be used to it by now.

Pyrokinesis

Dec 3, 2007
Its really a matter of decency. You may not have a problem when someone stinks up a subway car because they dont feel like bathing but others may not want to be (key word here)forced to smell it.

It really goes for anything that you are forcing upon others. Smoking in public areas (your forcing me to second hand smoke), Streaking (your forcing me to see your nudity), Loud music (your forcing me to have to hear your music).

Mind you these are the minor ones but they are conceptually not to far off from the other worse ones like...
Rape (Your forcing me into a sexual act), Assault (Your forcing me into physical harm), Kidnapping (Your forcing me to go against my will).

Plenty more just dont feel like going into it.

So in short.. Whenever you Force someone to do something by these acts it is wrong, so in turn forcing someone to listen to your music is wrong.