Love, why can't you find it?

Imperiused

Mar 15, 2011
I find many women that I've met to be ineffably boring? And the women I don't find boring find me boring? I feel uncomfortable in tactile situations? I've never dated anyone? I've got some self-confidence problems? Pick my poison. All of them are true.

J4RD

I didn't pay for this?
Jan 4, 2010
I could probably get away with something like "It's pointless for me right now" or "I'm just not that interested", but it's less of that and more of my tendency to get "friend-zoned" pretty quickly. I try to be that shoulder-to-lean-on good guy friend, which basically puts me off-limits. I usually don't mind at all, but it's bitten me in the arse once or twice.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Kalezian said:
imnotparanoid said:
Is your town the modern equivilent of Innsmouth? :p

OT: Because Im socialy awkward.
Still I will always have my good friend http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view

Im not sure, exactly, never been to Innsmouth.

But during the '80's and '90s, my town had a bad deal with drugs, people got Hepatitis and several other diseases that never really went away.

its bad enough that I don't even actually look for a girlfriend anymore here, going back to my original post, instead Im just going to wait until Im done with everything and move away.
He he, Innsmouth is a place from 'Shadow over Innsmouth' by H.P. Lovecraft, Give it a try its good :p

Bassik

Jun 15, 2011
Because I am not looking for love or a serieus relationship, just fun and games

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Right... where to start...

I'm a chronic major depressive with quite a strong inferiority complex and I seem to be only attracted to women who are psychologically damaged (and physically scarred, though that's more of a fetish). While I am socially competent, little depresses me more than the happiness of others. I'm fairly average looking and diffident, though I'm on record as being described as potentially a terrible boyfriend, or a perfect husband. I'm foul tempered and when I calm down, I become deeply depressed for anything up to days, and as difficult as I find it, I keep a decidedly firm leash on my anger.

And I am unable to break my love for my ex-girlfriend.

Sneaky-Pie

Sep 22, 2008
Good heavens, the amount of self-esteem in here is staggering. /sarcasm

Don't sell yourselves short, everyone.

Rossmallo

Feb 20, 2008
Because I'm average looking. and i'm very emotionally uninvested in relationships now, because one girl I knew utterly trampled me emotionally. Oh, and earlier than that, a string of girls went out with me, I later found out, to see "who could dump (me) in the most spectacular way possible.".

I think the one who set me on fire won it.

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
Because the amount of times I've been personally insulted is widely disproportionate to the amount of times I've been complimented, particularly about my appearance. Only one person has ever admitted to considering me attractive, but a few dozen people have turned there heads in fear from the idea of even having to touch my hand. Its hard to keep self esteem up with that track record.

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
Not sure why.

From all of my friends an exes, "[I'm] a great guy. So sweet and so attractive. Any girl would be lucky to have [me]."

And yet, here I sit, with no one. And that is definitely not for lack of trying anymore.

Substitute Troll

Aug 29, 2010
If time is money, a relationship is expensive as all hell. And I will need that money later for noodles.

I do spend a lot of time with the opposite gender at school, I'm aware of the fact that some are attracted to me, I simply lack the will/energy/time/money to indulge them. It's something I'm comfortable with and don't really worry about. Besides, love isn't real. It never is.

Now meaningless one night stands on the other hand... :p

garfoldsomeoneelse

Charming, But Stupid
Mar 22, 2009
It's simply not a priority at the moment. Sometimes it's nice, sometimes it isn't, but the goals I've set for myself have to come first. I might ease up and start letting people back in when I'm reasonably certain that nobody can fuck up what I'm trying to accomplish, but for the time being, I don't need that level of distraction when I'm in the middle of a spinning-plate-act with these big, life-overhauling projects.

...of course, you'll hear a lot of people say that before suddenly getting wrapped up in someone else.

ZRendZ

Jun 9, 2011
-Not attractive
-Not very social
-Not many females with similar personality traits and/or opinions
I guess that sums it up really...

Wolfwind

May 28, 2008
Because I'm constantly training in the mountains, and women would distract me from my goal of becoming a true fighter.

It'll be worth it once I master the hadouken.

Ace of Spades

Jul 12, 2008
I did, much to my surprise. Take any conversation between myself and my girlfriend out of context, and you can practically hear Do You Believe in Love playing in the background.