Love, why can't you find it?

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
Why I can't or won't find the 'L' word...

1. I don't like humans very much, and they gladly return the favor.
2. My computer hasn't cheated on me with another, better gamer than I (not that I have been cheated on, I don't have enough of a social life for that to ever happen).
3. I value my alone time too much, and nearly no extravert I've ever talked to can understand that.
4. I'm not human enough to approach another human and start talking. It's like I'm in a talent show and I only have 5 seconds to completely wow the other person, otherwise they're gonna run like hell (applies to females, males would prefer to swing with a blunt object).
5. I'm overweight with skinny arms. I'm certain no human finds that attractive.

BoTTeNBReKeR

Oct 23, 2008
I'm not a shy guy, I tend to be quite talkative but my downfall is me having Osteogenesis Imperfecta. You won't really notice it by looking at me except that I'm 99% of the time in a wheelchair.

Basically, I avoid relationships simply because of my condition, it brings too many complications with it.

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
Genericjim101 said:
Da Orky Man said:
Genericjim101 said:
I'm in a very small town in mid Wales with no real means to meet people as I'm not in education and my job has mostly women over 50 and that kind of thing just isn't my bag (baby).
Anywhere near Lampeter? I only ask because I see few other welsh people here.
LLanidloes, about 40 miles away XD. Being a straight nerdy 21 year old is hell here : P
It's not much better in Lampeter. It seems that 70% of the population is either below 12 or over 60.

Daddy Go Bot

Aug 14, 2008
I do not care for women, let alone relationships with them. I am what you call a man who goes his own way, or MGTOW for short (Men going their own way).

It has enriched my life significantly.

Nabohs

Jan 18, 2011
Parent's have my future set till I'm about 28 (I'm 20 now), and trying to focus on school.
I was interested in a few girls, but I also stopped trying halfway through (I become unmotivated really fast)

Genericjim101

Jan 7, 2011
Da Orky Man said:
Genericjim101 said:
Da Orky Man said:
Genericjim101 said:
I'm in a very small town in mid Wales with no real means to meet people as I'm not in education and my job has mostly women over 50 and that kind of thing just isn't my bag (baby).
LLanidloes, about 40 miles away XD. Being a straight nerdy 21 year old is hell here : P
It's not much better in Lampeter. It seems that 70% of the population is either below 12 or over 60.
The problem with the other 30% ? : P

New Frontiersman

Feb 2, 2010
I'm a very shy person, I don't talk to people much, and I usually spend my evenings at home. Even if I did find someone I liked I'd probably be too shy to tell her about it.

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
Genericjim101 said:
Da Orky Man said:
Genericjim101 said:
Da Orky Man said:
Genericjim101 said:
Most of the rest are uni students. The few percent yet are generally ok, though I count only about six true nerds in the entire town.

Ruwrak

Sep 15, 2009
Always the friend, never the boyfriend.
Don't really have the time either to be distracted by love.

Hank Wants Pie

Oct 15, 2010
BoTTeNBReKeR said:
I'm not a shy guy, I tend to be quite talkative but my downfall is me having Osteogenesis Imperfecta. You won't really notice it by looking at me except that I'm 99% of the time in a wheelchair.

Basically, I avoid relationships simply because of my condition, it brings too many complications with it.
What if someone loves you enough to carry your burdens?

Genericjim101

Jan 7, 2011
Da Orky Man said:
Genericjim101 said:
Da Orky Man said:
Genericjim101 said:
Da Orky Man said:
Genericjim101 said:
Most of the rest are uni students. The few percent yet are generally ok, though I count only about six true nerds in the entire town.
Aye, I went to visit a friend and stayed in his dorm room there and was bored out my mind with the discussions "You promised nerds! These are philosophy students! D :".

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
Lots of reasons for me:

1. I recently broke up with a girl I've known for 6 years; 3 years as friends, three years dating.

2. I have a physical disability, causes people to stare, and in my town, is an instant 'Lol, go away' (and yes, I've tried to be confident.)

3. Though I'm only 19, I lack a job or any sort of higher education because

4. I get stressed easily, I can also get paranoid and worried, and if my girl isn't around, I get depressed (I'm somewhat of a manic depressive), and as for a lack of job, this is a somewhat small town, and the disability really seems to be a turn off for employers, even with incentive from the government.

5. I'm still madly in love with my ex, and lately since she's been in a crappy self esteem I've been trying to support her as a friend would...she wants me around so much, but at the same time I annoy her. It hurts me to see her at all, especially when she just smiles and acts like it's just cool between me and her. I know I should just accept that, but to just drop me and act fine really tears me.

6. I may have possibly been friendzoned by my ex, and she was a big part of my future plans, so now in a town with no girls that will approach me nor any job opportunities, I am stuck with no goal, no direction, no confidence, and the only way I can function is to cling to the strings of what past I have left.

Malgan

Jun 23, 2009
I'm picky.

No really, I get tons of guys asking me every god damn day.

Finding a nerdy gayguy in a smalltown with only overley flamboyant stereotypes, queue mission impossible song.

BoTTeNBReKeR

Oct 23, 2008
Hank Wants Pie said:
BoTTeNBReKeR said:

Well, there's a part of me that hopes someone out there would be willing to do that, but another part of me believes that this is my burden and I have to carry it alone. I don't want anybody to share my pain and limitations.

DesiPrinceX09

Mar 14, 2010
For the longest time I felt love didn't exist, not for me anyways. I never thought I would ever find any girl with enough in common in terms of likes, interest, beliefs, etc. I never thought in a million years I would ever get into a relationship because I'm too nice and very shy and I was toyed with by other girls and I couldn't find one that was caring and loyal.

I spoke in past tense because 5 months ago I got into my first real relationship with a wonderful girl who happens to be two years older than me although my mom told me someone older would be good for me, and I believe her. I love this girl very much, and she loves me as well; we make each other happy and we are open and honest with each other. I am a closed book to most people, but I can tell my girlfriend anything, and that's how I know she is good for me; no other girl has been able to learn this much about me.

Hank Wants Pie

Oct 15, 2010
BoTTeNBReKeR said:
Hank Wants Pie said:
BoTTeNBReKeR said:

Well, there's a part of me that hopes someone out there would be willing to do that, but another part of me believes that this is my burden and I have to carry it alone. I don't want anybody to share my pain and limitations.
Your burden does not have to mean pain to your loved one but sadly it does mean limitations, and if he/she has loved you enough to be in a relationship with you then they probably would have accepted who you are and are willing to be with you no matter what it takes.

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
Timberwolf0924 said:
What makes you afraid to try?
I was bullied and picked on a lot in school (and at an early age by girls), which I think led me to believe that I was an unworthy person for many years. I didn't have many friends and the friends I did have did not introduce me to any eligible women. Lately, I've been trying to meet women through internet dating, though I feel the closer I get, the more desperate I become which pushes them away. Well, it would push them away if they would talk to me long enough. I try and try and try, girl after girl, but there are so few interested parties. I don't know how to meet girls the "normal" way, if there is a normal way. I knew one for a little while who seemed to like me. We went on two dates that also seemed to go very well, but she has since stopped contacting me online and I don't want to bombard her with unsolicited messages. She got caught up with the Occupy [insert location here] movement and didn't ask me along in any capacity. I met another girl who is beautiful and young and amazing, but she lives five hours away.

So short answer - I just don't know how to try. If you know of anywhere I can go, people I can meet, rituals or incantations to make this possible, please let me know. I'm lonely.