Lucas Re-Releasing Star Wars Movies in 3D

Sepiida

Jan 25, 2010
Fuck you Lucas. Fuck you.

How about this George? Instead of re-releasing all six movies (three of which most of us would like to just forget) in 3d, how about you re-release the original trilogy. Unaltered. Unedited. The original films as seen when they were first shown in theaters. I would prostrate myself before you in supplication and forgive you of the last decade if you did that.

P.S. Hey, I can dream can't I.

Zero=Interrupt

Nov 9, 2009
Ugh, Lucas needs to move on to something new already.

Or die, so his studio can stop beating the same dead horse and make something new.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
diddykonger said:
why??? we're already like 4 different versions of the movies, what would a 5th version do.

@rockyoumonkeys I blame him to as well
And this will not be the end of it. In 20 or so years, when we are experimenting with virtual holodeck technology like in Star Trek. Another version will be released. It will be the Star Wars Trilogies: The Immersion Edition. You will experience the movie like you are actually in the movie itself.

I'm serious, I wouldn't put it past him. If he is dead by then, it will probably be some kind of stipulation in his last will and testament.

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
George Lucas. Stop. Re-releasing. Your. Own. Movies. All your films already have like fifteen different cuts now, why don't you wait a decade and just freaking remake them?

Diver Down

Aug 21, 2010
....fuck....

I am legitimately saddened by this. How else can the creator of my favorite movies ruin them any more? I'm too exhausted to be angry. When they were releasing the prequels, I was disappointed. When they released that god-awful CGI "clone wars" bullshit, I was infuriated. I'm just depressed at this point.

D':

darthotaku

Aug 20, 2010
Flig said:
Why so much Lucas bashing? Honestly, if you don't like this idea then don't see the damn movies. I for one am eagerly awaiting the rerererelease of the original trilogy since I never had the chance to see them in theatres(I was three in 97). Of course I won't be wearing the glasses so I won't be bothered by the 3-D, and I could care less about the miniscule changes that were made in the revised versions, such as this whole "Han Shot First" thing. Honestly, what difference did it make? Lucas went back and did this cause he thought it made Han look too cruel. His character, he has the right to portray it the way he wants to. I'm tired of all the Lucas bashing, yea he's beating a dead horse, but I ask you this, WHO THE FUCK CARES?
your taking the right atitude on this. it is only a movie, that said....
I care, star wars fanboys care, people who went to see this movie on a date and later had their first time in the back of a car wishing the girl was princess Leah care. these movies are cinematic history. they were amazing when they came out and george lucas changing them would be like DaVinci coming back and editing the Mona Lisa. and finally, in my pathetic fanboy rant i wish to say that Han shooting first was a defining moment for the character. he was cruel first and then he became good. thats good character development.

thus ends the fanboy's ranting.

Pebkio

The Purple Mage
Nov 9, 2009
Fuck it... let's just spend the next 20 years remaking every popular movie into 3D.

Titanic 3D
Matrix Trilogy 3D
Bambi 3D
Casablanca 3D

...Debbie Does Dallas 3D...

(Note to censors: I was talking about the 2001 parody musical, obviously...)

In all seriousness, the instant I first read the second paragraph, I took leave of my senses and nearly tried to break my monitor; I'm sure that if Lucas had told me himself, I would've attacked him in the neck for beeing so bloody stupid.

zombays

Apr 12, 2010
"Mommy, I'm scared!" "Shh, shh, honey what is it?" "They're rereleasing the Star wars prequel in 3-D!"...."Mommy?"

TehIrishSoap

Aug 18, 2010
This Has Probably Been Used 100 Times, But Anyway:
"IT'S A TRAP!"
Still, Loved The Movies, Episode 5 Will Be Amazing o_O

faceless chick

Sep 19, 2009
why am i not surprised.
3d is the new trend of this decade..please wake me up in 2020 when this shit finally dies and i can pay a normal ticket price for my piece of crap movie i'll hate anyway.

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
dishwasherwong said:
Digikid said:
You guys are a bunch of whiners. Seriously.

Also ALL of the movies were good....so quit whining about bad ones when there WERE NO BAD ONES.
This is quite simply wrong, the originals had tight stories and were proof that when a man doesn't have total creative control, a good movie can be made.

The prequels however show how much George Lucas was kept in check by other creative influences in the originals. The new films have awkward acting, the actors are for the most part horribly miscast, the dialogue is ham-fisted and awkward, the story is full of plot conveniences, most of the time they make no sense and totally don't convey anything the original trilogy was attempting to tell us.

Yeah? Anakain and Obi-Wan are friends? Sure didn't seem that way to me. Leia knew her mum? Too bad she died 20 seconds after she was born.
You are welcome to your opinion but it is you that is incorrect. The prequels did have good tight stories. The only reason why ppl did not like them is because they were different.

Difference is a GOOD thing.

Substance-E

Sep 28, 2010
Digikid said:
You are welcome to your opinion but it is you that is incorrect. The prequels did have good tight stories. The only reason why ppl did not like them is because they were different.

Aside from the fact that not only is it waaaaaay in the future and the Jedi can sense life force and yet everyone is shocked Padme has twins as though she never once had an ultrasound or any kind of prenatal checkup at all...

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
Dammit George, do you really need more money? If you're broke, I could lend you some cash from my Swiss bank.

Pebkio

The Purple Mage
Nov 9, 2009
Digikid said:

Okay... let's forget about silly character development and how most of the elements don't fit in with even the original trilogy, let alone the Expanded Universe.

Just the plot then: (Spoilers, obviously)

In the first movie, an out-of-the-way planet was being bloackaded by an army of robots for no stated reason. Right after the movie started, the leaders of said robot army decided to invade instead of blockade, also for no real reason.

In the later movies... the same group involved in a single (just one planet, that was a big reason for the Republic to not get involved) planetary dispute suddenly takes on the entire galactic government... for no stated reson beyond "they were tricked by the destined Emperor of the Empire."

Instead of an interesting plot hook, the Clone War was just... a war in which clones were used as soldiers.
I mean, shouldn't we be calling the 4th English Crusade: "Child War"... or any of our recent wars "The Ongoing Coed War"?

The sepratists had a "super secret" ultimate weapon that they never once tried to build despite being well-funded; for no apparent reason.

---

All those points were about were really about the 1st and 2nd movie. The third movie's plot was... passable. However, it was tied down by the movies before them, including the original trilogy. That movie couldn't go anywhere or do anything except suck and die. To make up for a passable story, they instead endeavored to make the characterization the wrost of all three movies.

That's right, I'm saying that the prequel trilogy was bad on purpose.

Oh, and don't tell us why we don't like something; different, indeed. That's why we're all so happy about the rererererererelease of the trilogies for 3D, right, because there's nearly nothing different?

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
...Would you knock it the fuck off Georgy? Christ...

Stop fucking with the 3 classics (Han Solo shot first dumbass) before you ruin them. And stop trying to "fix" the 3 pieces of shit you tacked on later. They have no redeeming features, and the more you fuck with them the crappier they get.

Just make something new (and hopefully good) for once in your fucking life since you became famous...

gamepopper101

Aug 12, 2009
Guess what Lucas? I don't care! I have the box set of your good movies, unedited on VHS. I would have much more enjoyment of watching that in my home then going out and watching it while wearing glasses!