Lucas Re-Releasing Star Wars Movies in 3D

Drakulla

May 19, 2009
Just what the franchise and Hollywood needs, a re-re-re-release of Star Wars in theaters...again. Hasn't Lucas done enough to the franchise. Does it really need a 3D remake.
Apparently so.....................

Zenn3k

Feb 2, 2009
Oh boy, I can't wait for Jar Jar's tongue to eat an apple in 3D!

Fuck you George.

MR.Spartacus

Jul 7, 2009
FargoDog said:
Well, I never got to see the original trilogy in the theatre.. So this could be pretty cool. For me at least.
I have feeling it'll just be nauseating. The prequels had way too much in their mindless special effects. Too bad this cheap trickery can't give the story or dialogue any depth.

AnAngryMoose

Nov 12, 2009
My childhood! NOOOOOOO!

N.B: I'm refering to the "proper" original Star Wars films, not the prequels. Oh well, time for me and some friends to see the good ones when they get released.

varulfic

Jul 12, 2008
While a part of me thinks the series should just be left alone... I gotta say, a chance to see the original trio in theatres... even if I'm forced to wear stupid glasses, I'm intrigued.

The prequels can still die in a fire though.

thahat

Apr 23, 2008
the spacebattles would be cool in 3d? so would the clone battles. but honestly, episode 4/5/6 in 3d? i dont see the need. nor the phantom menace for that matter.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
hansari said:
YAY TRADE DISPUTES!!!

YAY MIDICHLORIANS!!!

YAY JARJARJARJARJARJJAJRJARJRJARJR

In 3D!!! The third dimension has a geometric effect on his level annoyingness.

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
Oh Phantom menace...

It gave me a head ache with it's trees with hundreds of leaves that didn't blur since you have no focus other than perfect shrubs...

Yeah... Shrubs... focus on that as a reason not to go...

Cause you know I just wanna see Jar Jar in my face...in 3d... make it 5d so i can punch the bastard.

Phenakist

Feb 25, 2009
This could be pretty cool, more 3D, meh, I don't mind, I don't really remember seeing the first 3 in the cinema,and I've never seen the final 3 on the big screen, so I'm happy enough.

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
despite the fact i hate the Film industry for this use of 3D, having the option to go and watch The Empire Strikes Back in the cinima if enought to make me forgive it

rockyoumonkeys

Aug 31, 2010
Firia said:
rockyoumonkeys said:
This is James Cameron's fault.
If it was any other movie and any other director, I'd agree with you. But it's George Lucas! One of our (once) great-GREAT movie minds! The guy had a could create whatever he wanted to, but instead he chooses to milk a dead cow. Once upon a time, Cameron probably looked up to George. No, this isn't Jame Camerons fault. Cameron is probably face palming as much as any of us.
Why would you think that? Cameron's proven repeatedly that he's the same kind of director as Lucas. He's recut and/or re-released a number of his own movies. And Cameron is 3D's biggest proponent. I'm more likely to believe that Cameron personally convinced Lucas to do this than I am to believe he's "probably face palming as much as any of us."

Make no mistake, Cameron thinks this is a great idea.

jebussaves88

May 4, 2008
DominicxD said:
jebussaves88 said:
Leave it alone! Make something else!
MOTHER OF GOD.

Never make a suggestion like that again. What the hell is wrong with you?
WHAT!?

I'm just saying, seeing as Lucas has managed to deliver three awesome star wars movies and two good indiana jones movies, then maybe any talent he has could be better used on something other than souping up the two average star wars films, the shit one, and the average indiana movie, and the shit one.

fozzy360

I endorse Jurassic Park
Oct 20, 2009
I wish I could say that we can simply say "No" and not see these movies.
I wish I could say that people will refuse to pay more to see conversion 3D.
I wish I could say that these films won't make that much money, which will make Lucas realize that he is being a greedy whore.

I wish I could say that.

Flig

Nov 24, 2009
Why so much Lucas bashing? Honestly, if you don't like this idea then don't see the damn movies. I for one am eagerly awaiting the rerererelease of the original trilogy since I never had the chance to see them in theatres(I was three in 97). Of course I won't be wearing the glasses so I won't be bothered by the 3-D, and I could care less about the miniscule changes that were made in the revised versions, such as this whole "Han Shot First" thing. Honestly, what difference did it make? Lucas went back and did this cause he thought it made Han look too cruel. His character, he has the right to portray it the way he wants to. I'm tired of all the Lucas bashing, yea he's beating a dead horse, but I ask you this, WHO THE FUCK CARES?