LulzSec hacked by Team Posion

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
xeed said:
Shock and Awe said:
xeed said:
Mob rule is only bad if it can wield its power on a large, military scale. There would be experimentation, and the societal functions that work best would be adopted by most.
No they wouldn't, the ones that are most popular would be adopted. If that was how we did it, women wouldn't be allowed to vote, gays couldn't get married anywhere, we would still have segregation, ect. The best way a government can function for the good of everyone is if it is a republican model with a constitution of some sort to keep some things from changing easily.
If that was how we did it with an uneducated populace, that's what would happen.

In modern times people are far less gullible than ever before. We have an open information source (the internet). That's all you need for direct democracy to work.
Thats funny, because last time I checked people still believe stupid things on a mass scale. Is it better? Yes, but saying that people are not gullible is not true at all. A third of Americans do not accept Evolution. Thats enough evidence.

xeed

Jun 23, 2011
I don't know how you can even argue that women would not be allowed to vote if we had direct democracy. Direct democracy by definition would include women, and women would not vote to stop women from voting.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Dr. wonderful said:
Prepare for trouble
Make it double!
To protect the consumer from infestation
To unite the internet in our devastation
To denounce the evils of boat and lulz
To extend our reach far above!
TriCK
iNSaNe
Team poison is here to attack so, Lulzsec prepared to get hack.

I'm done for the day
I would say that you just made my day, but in truth, you just made my day, along with the next two days that follow this one.
Seriously, good sir, Internet high five.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Kopikatsu said:
J4RD said:
Finally. I hope Anon joins in on this. Moral of this story: just because you can, doesn't mean it's funny.
A bunch of different Anonymous splinter groups (Including AnonOps) joined up with LulzSec.

Moral of the story? Hackers are bad. All of them. Even the white hats, because without hackers, we wouldn't NEED white hats.
Eh. You could say the same thing about armies.

We wouldn't need armies if other countries didn't have them.

The point being, you need a soldier to deal with other soldiers effectively, and it seems fairly intuitive that taking down hackers is easiest for other hackers.

That's not to say it's a good idea. But the basic principle makes sense.

Still, I'm not surprised Lulzsec is now under attack.

Hackers are frequently elitist, and have a great disdain for 'script kiddies'.

I have no idea how skilled any of the members of Lulzsec actually are, but they're clearly doing things that are quite certain to piss off any hacker that has even a slight sense of ethics, or perhaps just a sense of self-preservation.

The last thing you really want as a hacker, no matter how good you are, is a government witch hunt because some semi-skilled retards have been openly pissing off and mocking governments and large corporations.

Hackers weren't originally criminals. The word used to refer to the system administrators of unix computers. (who frequently hacked together code that wasn't really designed to work together all that well).
Some of the ethos of that origin still survives, even if most people now associate being a hacker strictly with breaking into other people's computers without permission.
(which really didn't have much to do with it's original meaning.)

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
xeed said:
I don't know how you can even argue that women would not be allowed to vote if we had direct democracy. Direct democracy by definition would include women, and women would not vote to stop women from voting.
Completely ignoring the rest of the point.....

At that point women couldn't vote, like another direct democracy(Athens) and most men didn't like the idea.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Dfskelleton said:
Dr. wonderful said:
Prepare for trouble
Make it double!
TriCK
iNSaNe

I'm done for the day
I would say that you just made my day, but in truth, you just made my day, along with the next two days that follow this one.
Seriously, good sir, Internet high five.
I'm more impressed that no one thought of it.

Sep 14, 2009
Saviordd1 said:
And so it has begun...the great hackbattle of our time...

In all seriousness I just hope that team poison, in their attacks on lulzsec doesn't become the NEXT lulzsec otherwise I like this, fight fire with fire
basically this, fire with fire

"can't handle the heat?!? then get out of the kitchen."

----Super Patriotic American Fuck yeah quote/sarcasm

Dys

Sep 10, 2008
Versuvius said:
I hate to break it to you but their twitter feeds are going strong. If this is not BS to throw off the feds, they are going to need to black hellicopter a lot more people than they have to take down this operation. Remember its Lulzsec, anon and many indipendant hackers rallying. Im enjoying seeing them flail, not enjoying them extradite 19 year old brits and charging them with multiple crimes for hosting entirely legal IRC channels. Fuck the US and Scotland yard, what they are doing is pathetic amoral spazflailing to look like they are doing something.
+1

I'm all for releasing then names of those who have broken the law to the feds, but the way people seem to be getting randomly arrested in spain, britain and germany (chokolo did nothing wrong) without there being any clear evidence that they have broken the law is absurd. Backtrack linux is not hard to use, and the majority of people are too stupid to use proper wireless encryption. Even if they did any hacker with any pride would still manage to crack it (most people use easy passwords and such). Long story short, the actual hackers, the assholes who know their shit and aren't just kids tagging along for the ride are not going to get caught, not unless they're far less intelligent than they appear.

SonofaJohannes

Apr 18, 2011
...Yay.

I don't really get the point of hacking "for the lulz". I just fail to see the "lulz". And the attack on the escapist was annoying. So go Team Poison! (Just please don't go mad with power)

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
xeed said:
Which is why the only system that would work with the least amount of corruption and abuse is a lack of a system.

If you think that wouldn't work I'll direct you to open source projects, which often work brilliantly.
Are you seriously comparing open source programming to national government?

And there's no reason the CIA can't have some oversight by a neutral third party.
Except of course that if another organization kept tabs on the CIA, it would only be a matter of time before it became a security risk for the CIA (the CIA's enemies would be able to figure out what they've been doing). That's the nadir of these black-ops organizations; they have to work with strict scrutiny, but minimal public exposure.

In the world of national security, this is a simple truth: No matter what we do, our enemies aren't going to play nice. The only logical form of deterrence/prevention is to put up resistance.
"Nobody likes it when the cops are around, but they must admit that they would be a whole lot worse off without them."

It's an ugly world we've created.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Shock and Awe said:
xeed said:
Shock and Awe said:
xeed said:
Mob rule is only bad if it can wield its power on a large, military scale. There would be experimentation, and the societal functions that work best would be adopted by most.
No they wouldn't, the ones that are most popular would be adopted. If that was how we did it, women wouldn't be allowed to vote, gays couldn't get married anywhere, we would still have segregation, ect. The best way a government can function for the good of everyone is if it is a republican model with a constitution of some sort to keep some things from changing easily.
If that was how we did it with an uneducated populace, that's what would happen.

In modern times people are far less gullible than ever before. We have an open information source (the internet). That's all you need for direct democracy to work.
Thats funny, because last time I checked people still believe stupid things on a mass scale. Is it better? Yes, but saying that people are not gullible is not true at all. A third of Americans do not accept Evolution. Thats enough evidence.
Excuse me, friend, but it seems perfectly obvious that this xeed is a troll. He literally just created his profile today. It looks as all his comments are on this very thread. He's sounds like a 12 year old who just learned how screwed up the world actually is. He has already contradicted himself when he commented about the evil CIA, then stated that in his ideal system, military and intelligence would be exempt (naivety that borders on the insane). Yeah, obvious troll is obvious.

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
I thought lulzsec might be a bunch of script kiddies. Glad they're getting what's coming to them. POISON, POISON, SIS-BOOM-BA!!

Versuvius

Apr 30, 2008
Dys said:
Versuvius said:
snip
But, regardless of these facts this threads going to be full of YEAH THEY GET WHAT THEY DESERVE. Posters should be made to read the damn thread before posting. For how long now have threads been going for "They got em! yaaay!" and then...they dont. Something else happens. Then another thread pops up. "Yaaaay no more lulzsec". Is it the same people being just so damn optimistic?

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
the spud said:
I think 2 free linux boxes are in order (I assume that that is what they like).

You don't fuck with people who use linux boxes.
I use a Linux box... I'm not very potent or intimidating.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Saltyk said:
Shock and Awe said:
xeed said:
Shock and Awe said:
xeed said:

Excuse me, friend, but it seems perfectly obvious that this xeed is a troll. He literally just created his profile today. It looks as all his comments are on this very thread. He's sounds like a 12 year old who just learned how screwed up the world actually is. He has already contradicted himself when he commented about the evil CIA, then stated that in his ideal system, military and intelligence would be exempt (naivety that borders on the insane). Yeah, obvious troll is obvious.
Let us not forget this as well
xeed said:
And tell me, if society was fully privatized, you don't believe functions necessary to our health like that would be carried out by someone?
xeed said:
I contend that the very fact that we still have people starving and dying of thirst is proof that profit, or a system that holds profit as the most important thing to society, is evil.
So if things were privatized, everything would be taken care of, yet a system where people want to make money is eeeeevil. Good to know. Good to know

Also, we are getting off topic here. I hate hackers.

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
Dr. wonderful said:
Prepare for trouble
Make it double!
TriCK
iNSaNe

I'm done for the day
You, sir, win not only the internet, but also the outernet and extranet's.

SOMEBODY GET THIS GUY A MEDAL!!!

Googooguru

Jan 27, 2010
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Team Poison Apparently

Love the hate from the Lulz fanboys towards Team Poison ..oderient dum metuant :)

Condor219

Sep 14, 2010
Whoever Team Poison is, you have won my respect. Go and do whatever the hell you want now, you'll always be favorable in my eyes after this.