LulzSec hacks Nintendo, takes control of the FBI, and challenges NATO

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Maraveno said:
Kopikatsu said:
Maraveno said:
-snip-
If they'd do it everyone would find their xboxes suddenly downloading viva pinata games

anyway hardiehar, is this for realz?
Who is Hardiehar? And why are you insulting the Viva Pinata games? I liked that show...it was funny.
I am not

It's "funny"

To my opinion any game or content distributed to anyone at this point would be something like that

From them anyway
Oh. Well, as for it being 'real'...then yes. Yes it is. Check the links posted in the first post. It's awful and stuff.

Everyone keeps ignoring the Nintendo thing, though. Whyyyyyy

Soylent Bacon said:
These guys are starting to sound like they actually are what people believe Anonymous to be.

...I don't like it.
LulzSec is made up of former Anonymous members, so yeah.

But...it seems like all of the different splinter groups of Anonymous keep giving themselves their own identity. The only people left in Anonymous at this point seem to be the ones with some kind of morals. (Hence the Iranian thing)

Lotet

Aug 28, 2009
I... don't... get it.

they seem to be bragging about small accomplishments like a kid on the playground with something to prove.
Kopikatsu said:
because it's useless info to everyone as they've obtained "secret" info that even Nintendo doesn't care about

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Lotet said:
I... don't... get it.

they seem to be bragging about small accomplishments like a kid on the playground with something to prove.
Kopikatsu said:
because it's useless info to everyone as they've obtained "secret" info that even Nintendo doesn't care about
That's only because LulzSec has this love affair thing going on with Nintendo and they don't want to do anything to harm them.

But it isn't about what they got, but more the fact that they got it at all...and LulzSec said that Nintendo had a gaping hole in their security (But didn't detail on it in the event someone tried to exploit it. They REALLY love Nintendo.)

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
I find this hilarious. Probably because I'm currently not worrying about the repercussions, and because it hasn't yet affected me. A bunch of guys able to embarrass anyone with seeming impunity, middle-fingering the FBI? Tis jokes, if you don't worry too much :D

Lotet

Aug 28, 2009
Kopikatsu said:
Lotet said:
I... don't... get it.

Kopikatsu said:
That's only because LulzSec has this love affair thing going on with Nintendo and they don't want to do anything to harm them.

But it isn't about what they got, but more the fact that they got it at all...and LulzSec said that Nintendo had a gaping hole in their security (But didn't detail on it in the event someone tried to exploit it. They REALLY love Nintendo.)
got what? the schematics for a site? all I see is there is the most rudimentary functions of a site, not exactly grade A material. even that FBI site, not all things are created equal in the government, try the Pentagon, heck, try hacking the rest of the FBI sites. now if they did something like those guys on the front page today [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/110641-MI6-Replaces-Al-Qaeda-Bomb-Formulas-With-Cupcake-Recipes] then that would be justified. not the most difficult 'Hack' but it shows there are much more meaningful things a person could spend his time doing so I don't have anything nice I'd like to say about what they've done.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
Oh, and a word of caution to everyone who wants to give the Lulz Boat a piece of their mind: I looked on their Twitter Feed. There are others who share our sentiments, that they should stop before they end up getting us government regulated Internet. However those who share their opinions directly on their Twitter feed end up getting hacked almost immediately. Oh yes, what a force of justice they are? They have so much justice in them, it's coming out their ears and dribbling onto those who happen to disagree with them.

Kopikatsu said:

Because if a thief were go around to rob a rich man's house, a bank, and a trash can outside a 7/ll, which out of those three do you think people will care the most about? At this point, they have challenged NATO. Compared to that, who gives a shit about Nintendo--they didn't rob any accounts or do any significant damage.

What they did to Nintendo will give them next to no consequences compared to what they've done now. Given they aren't killed-on-sight by US agents or assassinated by the agents of any member of NATO, they'll be facing multiple counts of treason and cyberterrorism--hell, if they screw with the right things, they might even get plain old terrorism in there too. If (and when) they get caught, they will never see the light of day again. THAT is how serious this is. And none of their actions against Nintendo contributed to that.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Does anyone know if personal info from nintendo was stolen? I really need to know.

This is getting ridiculous. To be honest, it scares me how good at this they appear to be. Or how bad popular companies are at protecting our info.

Get a move on, FBI, Scotland yard, and whoever the fuck else is working on this, at this rate, there'll barely be anyone who doesn't need to change every bank detail they have!

And did I mention how much I really have to know about nintendo? It's serious. As in "I'll have to close my bank account if I don't find out" serious.

Eggsnham

Apr 29, 2009
Oh, man. They are GENIUSES!

Somebody should give them a medal for their superior intellect!

There's a difference between protesting something and being a total 'tard.

Alucard788

May 1, 2011
Doclector said:
Does anyone know if personal info from nintendo was stolen? I really need to know.

This is getting ridiculous. To be honest, it scares me how good at this they appear to be. Or how bad popular companies are at protecting our info.

Get a move on, FBI, Scotland yard, and whoever the fuck else is working on this, at this rate, there'll barely be anyone who doesn't need to change every bank detail they have!
To me thats the part that really hit's home...when the customers who have nothing to do with any of this get hurt the most. I've said it once but I'll say it again, these big companys can never be 100% secure, it just wont happen.

Yes they might not have been fort nox...but who can anticipate a massive break in like this? It would be nice to have some small grain of faith in humanity, that folks wouldn't take something just because you have three dead bolts on the door and they have 4 crowbars.

This kind of thing isn't good for the internet and isn't good for anyone.

Jan 27, 2011
kebab4you said:
Because the internet is strictly in the U.S right? T.T" As much of a bully you are I doubt they will be able to enforce any such law over in Europe or other nation.
ummmmm.......I'm not american. I am CANADIAN.

And while the US might not be able to enforce laws elsewhere, I'm sure that if/when the US puts their foot down on their own turf, other countries might start doing the same.

I'm just worried that this whole thing will start snowballing out of control and everyone gets screwed.

n00beffect

May 8, 2009
I wouldn't download anything from those links, even though my curiousity is killing me. If it happens, that the governments will start removing anonymity in the internets, and other freedoms, then I will seriously consider Lulzsec to be complete idiots, although they're following their own motives and ideals, and I usually respec that. But if this backfires, because sooner or later it WILL have to end(at some point, I suppose) with or without the (full)capture of Lulzsec, I will be really, really pissed.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Doclector said:
I have to ask, isnt that the point of all of this? Why exactly is it that conglomerates and governments have the right to make unreasonable demands on the nature of the internet without public support or hell even public knowledge, but yet when these "protectors" of the internet put in laws to protect the people they are left powerless to protect the peoples information or net security.

Ben Franklin said:
Those who would trade in their freedom for their protection deserve neither.
Look I am not condoning Lulzsec. Lulzsec is little more than a byproduct of the fact that we as a populace have sat idly by for so long that we have made it so that it takes this level of absurd response to actually get peoples attention or actually have some sort of impact. So before people go out and complain "Lulzsec is nothing more than a bunch of dicks fucking everything up for everybody" please remember that Lulzsec only exists because too many people allowed these issues of complacency to grow by saying Its ok to let governments and corporations trample on the freedom of the internet, so long as it doesnt effect me personally.

You are outraged at Lulzsec? Where were you at Carnivore? Where were you at Narus? Where were you when the freedoms of the internet were slowly being chipped away and replaced with the same enforced voluntary compliance that pervades every other aspect of the modern system of fealty?

You dont like the effect? That is to be expected. Freedom is not a beautiful thing. Freedom is a fat, ugly demanding *****. There is no way to ignore her, It will take all your effort to satisfy her and even when you do your not personally going to be happy with the results. But we do it so everyone can be happier overall. So please dont complain about the effects if you were a part of the cause.

blue spartan 11

Oct 13, 2009
Oh look. Idiots who are looking for a cheap thrill that will cause a backlash to the average consumer. Way to go!

The Red Spy

Dec 1, 2009
I am loving their IRC log with Karim, you'll find the press release and the other docs on their site if you're interested.

To tell you the truth, this will end when they either become bored or the group splits up. Considering the volume of attacks in such a brief period of time, I'd like to say the FBI has a fight on their hands.

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
aegix drakan said:
kebab4you said:
Because the internet is strictly in the U.S right? T.T" As much of a bully you are I doubt they will be able to enforce any such law over in Europe or other nation.
ummmmm.......I'm not american. I am CANADIAN.

And while the US might not be able to enforce laws elsewhere, I'm sure that if/when the US puts their foot down on their own turf, other countries might start doing the same.

I'm just worried that this whole thing will start snowballing out of control and everyone gets screwed.
Ah my bad then, but I doubt democracies would get away with it, people may be wiped but not THAT wiped.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
viranimus said:
*majority-snip*

You dont like the effect? That is to be expected. Freedom is not a beautiful thing. Freedom is a fat, ugly demanding *****. There is no way to ignore her, It will take all your effort to satisfy her and even when you do your not personally going to be happy with the results. But we do it so everyone can be happier overall. So please dont complain about the effects if you were a part of the cause.
I'm not part of the cause. I've been fighting this kind of stuff where-ever I can, raising awareness of government restrictions and corporate cons, standing up for my and other's rights. So I tried to stop things in a way that not only doesn't harm innocents but in a legal way that means the governments can't touch me, and still, if they got nintendo personal information, I could still end up penniless? Right before uni? Pretty much screwing up my entire life?

AlexWinter

Jun 24, 2009
This is going to end so badly for Lulzsec and if they don't have some kind of moral message I can't really get behind them like I did for Anonymous during the Wikileaks scenario.

This

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn20532-pentagon-may-fight-cyberwar-with-rockets.html

So if they're just some kids dicking around to show off then I see this ending in RocketLulz for me.