Lulzsec resleases xbox live user info

cryogeist

Apr 16, 2010
KingsGambit said:
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
Does that site have the xbox live info?

I wanna make sure I ain't at risk.
It's a (searchable) list of the logins affected and part of the associated passwords (presumably to prove to anyone on the list of its authenticity). The trouble is that we not only sign in to XBox Live, but that we've further associated our social network and credit card info with those accounts.

It doesn't list those but if you've used your XBox to purchase anything from XBL or to sign in to FB then that information is stored with MS. Check if you're on the list and if so change your Live and FB passwords, cancel any cards you've used on Live and you should be alright. I checked mine and not a mention. Even "kingsgambit" alone brings up no hits so I at least haven't been affected thankfully!
so that site does have the Xbox emails that were hit?
if that's the case then thank GOD I'm not on there :/

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
Do you know what my captcha was for this post? Play Xbox Live. I'm totally serious.

Anyway, I'm not affected, nor are any of my friends, but I did change my password just in case. Better safe than sorry.

NotYetForsaken

Power in Procedure
Sep 27, 2010
lacktheknack said:
TheMehKingdom said:
lacktheknack said:
-snip-

Nope, legal digital distribution.

And he still never told me why he hates it. He just does.
That's rather perplexing, source?
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.223931-Whats-the-3-digital-distribution-platform#7554365

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.201325-Most-hated-gaming-software-Steam-GfWL-etc#6664817

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.237341-Poll-Steam-how-do-you-feel-about-it?page=3#8491241

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.263365-Steam-servers-help#9961950

I think he's trying to troll everyone through the floor, but he doesn't ever try to back up his arguments, so it only confuses people instead of angering them.
I wouldn't put it past him, man likes his fun.

Xanthious

Dec 25, 2008
To be honest, a few days ago when they were forwarding 200 calls a minute to HB Gary's offices I did get quite a chuckle out of that. They seem to be interested more in being a pain in the ass more than they seem to be out to do any real damage to anyone. I follow em on Twitter and they are pretty funny. If their goal is lulz then mission accomplished in my book.

NoNameMcgee

Feb 24, 2009
Souplex said:
Grey Walker said:
Well I guess this means Steam'll be next on their list, they've hit all the console devs.
Hopefully they actually do something to Valve instead of getting their info just to prove they can.
Valve needs to be taken down several pegs, then have sharp pegs driven through them.
YES because your personal dislike of their franchises certainly means that their users deserve to have their info stolen and lose all their (sometimes hundreds) of registered games on it.

Get over your personal vendetta. I've said it before but every other post from you is something about how Half-Life is shit or how Valve are a bad developer. You add absolutely nothing to this forum despite your massive post count. Get a hobby.

wrightguy0

Dec 8, 2010
welcome to the club X-Box owners, the last two months have been fucking hell for us gamers, to anyone who had their info stolen, i am truly sympathetic, and i hope you'll agree with me when i say, lets ship these bastards to an asteroid and nuke the fucking thing into space dust and vaporized douchebags.

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
Oh for fuck's sake! Why the fuck hasn't anyone done anything about these fuckers yet?! What makes them think they're justified in doing this?!

thedeathscythe

Aug 6, 2010
whiteshark12 said:
didn't see this posted, so:

http://lulzsecurity.com/releases/62000_random_logins.txt

Go on there, CTRL+F, search your e-mail. if it turns up, change your password. if it doesn't, your account details were not announced.
Thank you, mine's not there. Quoting this so more people see it.

Funkiest Monkey

Jul 10, 2010
Virtual-Goose said:
Anonymous should hack lulzsec or something not sure how but they should
I dunno, man. Anonymous aren't the untouchable internet supervillain they're made out to be. I doubt they prove any threat to Lulzec at all. I know /v/ are pissed off at them, but there's nothing they can do.

squidbuddy99

Jun 29, 2009
I hope these guys get caught way over their heads soon. At least Anonymous attacks people who might actually deserve it. Lulzsec is just causing thousands of gamers misery and deserve to be taken down a peg. There's a fine line between internet vigilantism and being a dick and attacking random people because you think it's funny. Grow the fuck up.

WilliamRLBaker

Jan 8, 2010
Eh seems to me they simply grabbed some emails already hacked and passed around and let them out to the public they didn't actually hack xbox live it self and get emails and passwords.
As for that emails and passwords are live account based so they can be hotmail...so its not some big thing

Faux Furry

Apr 19, 2011
It might be funny if one of Lulzsec's hacks enable cross-platform chat between XBox 360 and PS3 or put exclusive games from each system in the other's marketplace but this targeting of people's personal user info isn't even up to the level of Gallagher smashing watermelons with a mallet...baby watermelons, at that.