Lulzsec resleases xbox live user info

TheEverix

May 31, 2011
I remember reading a lot of people on these forums commenting that they support the hackers when the PSN was first hacked. I wonder if those people are still so fervent in their support...

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
mavkiel said:
Grr another reason to hate live. Anyone else think that this might be the death knell of consoles? If they can't protect their customers information, those machines might as well be called theft-boxes.

You could argue the pc companies have the same issue, but they tend to not have credit card info. Also, its not one stop shopping. EA screws up and releases your info? Stop buying from EA. Console users have no such option.

Anyhow, not saying that this attack alone will kill the console market, but if these type of attacks continue, I can see it easily causing negative console growth.

They've been hacking security firms and government websites. (I think they even got into a government database once.)

It isn't a video game problem. It's a 'They're kind of too fuckin' good at what they do.' problem.

Buccura

Aug 13, 2009
There's actually nothing to suggest (Yet) that they hacked Live, and the group is very vocal about their releases. Never the less won't hurt to change passwords just to be safe.

DaHero

Jan 10, 2011
Istvan said:
I really look forward to these people ending up in court.
Never going to happen, the only way to catch them is to figure out where they live, which takes federal grade software. So until hacking is considered a federal offense, they're going to run free.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
TheMehKingdom said:
lacktheknack said:
samwd1 said:
Souplex said:
Grey Walker said:
Well I guess this means Steam'll be next on their list, they've hit all the console devs.
Hopefully they actually do something to Valve instead of getting their info just to prove they can.
Valve needs to be taken down several pegs, then have sharp pegs driven through them.
whats your problem with valve?
He never bothers telling us. All I've ever got out of him is "digital distribution is the enemy, Valve runs the biggest digital distribution service, thus Valve is the enemy".

I still don't know why he hates digital distribution, especially since I think I remember him saying he's a PC gamer...
He means Piracy.
Nope, legal digital distribution.

And he still never told me why he hates it. He just does.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
Anonymous, hurry the fuck up and do something. Like, seriously.
Well, I changed my email/Xbox password and the password of everything linked to it so I'm fine, but this is getting ridiculous.

MrGalactus

Elite Member
Sep 18, 2010
TheMagicLemur said:
THEJORRRG said:
What is Lulsec's cause, exactly? They're upsetting and unnerving people because.....?
It's funny, I guess, if you're an asshole. Which they are.
Cadaurny said:
THEJORRRG said:
What is Lulsec's cause, exactly? They're upsetting and unnerving people because.....?
For the lulz. They are horrible people who get their kicks out of screwing with other people and potentially ruining their lives.

But they're not charming, clever or even interesting. The joker comparison makes sense until you think about the character. He did stuff because he believed people were more like him that they thought. Lulsec just seems to do things specifically to upset people, like trolls on a massive scale. I don't understand it. Must be a power rush from being able to take private info at will.
I think Lulsec need some Lulsex.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
nash_clovis said:
Can't say I'm surprised, considering that Lulzsec doesn't care who it attacks any more.
When did they ever care about who they attack?

Seriously this is starting to grate on my last nerve.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
YunikoYokai5 said:
I've decided to do a Russia and ignore Lulzsec. So what needs to be done and get on with it. The less reaction you give, the more quickly they'll get bored (and desperate, but ignore those attempts too. They will bugger off eventually)
Yeah, pretty much. Those people going all 'OH FUCK YOU GUYS WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU DO THIS I WILL KILL MYSELF BECAUSE I CAN'T PLAY EVE ONLINE' are what they're doing this for, essentially to show how whiny we are. Ignore them, change your passwords if you're affected, and ignore them, and they'll get bored and stop.

Of course, most people are complete morons so most people will keep going wah wah wah and they will keep having fun. In sum, people suck.

Harry Mason

Mar 7, 2011
Alucard788 said:
There has to be more to this...There has to be something that is preventing another team of hackers from finding these guys.

...something isn't adding up here.
That's what I keep thinking. It's all rather suspicious, like there are people on the inside of each company, or the companies are OK with getting hacked, or Lulzsec is just taking responsibility for many smaller hacks that other hackers are doing... Something definitely isn't adding up.

I hate to sound like a blind fanboy in any regard, but it seems like every tiny article about Sony getting hacked made front page of the Escapist and got a substantial amount of people "supporting" hackers and saying "Sony deserved it," while the CIA, several security firms, and Microsoft gets hacked, and there's barely a peep out of the Escapist staff and people raging against the "injustice." I hated the spitefulness of the hackers all along, but is there actually an overarching anti-Sony sentiment here, or am I just misappropriating?

phelan511

Oct 29, 2010
Well was just a matter of time in my opinion. At least this way no one can claim that lulzsec are Microsoft fanboys. Time to change my password.

Irriduccibilli

Jun 15, 2010
For a group called Lulsec, I would believe that they would actually do something fun. I dont really see the fun in ruining stuff for thousands of users. If they find stuff like that fun, it just shows how much of a social rejects they are

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
TheMehKingdom said:
lacktheknack said:
-snip-

Nope, legal digital distribution.

And he still never told me why he hates it. He just does.
That's rather perplexing, source?
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.223931-Whats-the-3-digital-distribution-platform#7554365

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.201325-Most-hated-gaming-software-Steam-GfWL-etc#6664817

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.237341-Poll-Steam-how-do-you-feel-about-it?page=3#8491241

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.263365-Steam-servers-help#9961950

I think he's trying to troll everyone through the floor, but he doesn't ever try to back up his arguments, so it only confuses people instead of angering them.

kidd25

Jun 13, 2011
change my password and sent a message to all my friends i hope im not to late. for my friends i mean.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Daniel Cygnus said:
*Sighs* My account's fine, but seriously. Lulzsec is starting to piss me off. Isn't it about time legal action was taken? Is that even possible? Or are we going to be forced to listen to smug assholes hack into every damn thing they can?
Yes, no, yes.

Reality is filled with fail sometimes.

thedeathscythe

Aug 6, 2010
Woodsey said:
Souplex said:
Grey Walker said:
Well I guess this means Steam'll be next on their list, they've hit all the console devs.
Hopefully they actually do something to Valve instead of getting their info just to prove they can.
Valve needs to be taken down several pegs, then have sharp pegs driven through them.
Yes, what needs to happen is a company who has very good relations with its customers needs its data stolen, and their customers and employees fucked with, because they are quite clearly the most heinous bunch around. All that free DLC and all those sales and all those free services!

VALVE YOU FUCKING SCUM!

intheweeds said:
For the love of Pete! At what point does Twitter shut down their feed anyway? For the record i sent them a message asking them that and haven't heard anything.
Yeah, that bit is just a tad bizarre. Probably worried about shit happening to them, but it should be taken off already.
God damn it I can't stand free DLC! I want the game that I bought, not some game and extra content for no additional money! When I want more maps, I expect to be charged $15 for it, even when the game is 4 years old, and I expect the company to see how popular it's online multiplayer is and to start charging an optional monthly fee for something that they already offer for free. VALVE DOESN'T DO THIS AND I HATE THEM FOR IT!

OT: Steam is probably the most secure. I have that security thing installed so while it's useless for them to hack it in my case, I wonder how many people have that security measure in place? It's free, easy, and barely noticeable but I can imagine there's like 30% who are idiots and haven't taken the 20 seconds to set it up.