Lulzsec resleases xbox live user info

socialtangent

May 23, 2009
Lulzsec did not hack Xbox Live or Microsoft. If you've been following their Twitter feed, they are supposedly off "for the weekend". Not to mention that the passwords and emails they've posted are from entirely random websites. Even Lulzsec has admitted that they don't know what sites they're from, or if they even work. In addition, Major Nelson himself has confirmed that there is no breach of Xbox Live. Finally, if Lulzsec did hack Microsoft/Xbox Live, you bet they'd be making Tweets about it. They're pretty public about what they do.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Am I the only one who wants to see these assholes flayed alive and tossed in a salt mine?

Really guys, this has got to stop. EFF HACKERS

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Argtee said:
KingsGambit said:
redmarine said:
Well, is Games for Windows account and XBox Live accounts the same? If so, I might as well change my password.
Yeah it is mate, same service. :-\ The whole "Live" brand (including Live Messenger for example) shares that info.

Just checked and followed a link. This site [http://dazzlepod.com/lulzsec/] has a list of compromised addresses so is probably well worth a check for anyone to see if they have been affected.
Thanks for the link!
I feel better now...
so do I... however, I wish this thing from family guy were real, so I could take my frustrations out on these Lulzsec teenage social outcasts...

unfortunately, I could only find it in German...

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
lacktheknack said:
Souplex said:
lacktheknack said:
samwd1 said:
Souplex said:
Grey Walker said:
Well I guess this means Steam'll be next on their list, they've hit all the console devs.
Hopefully they actually do something to Valve instead of getting their info just to prove they can.
Valve needs to be taken down several pegs, then have sharp pegs driven through them.
whats your problem with valve?
He never bothers telling us. All I've ever got out of him is "digital distribution is the enemy, Valve runs the biggest digital distribution service, thus Valve is the enemy".

I still don't know why he hates digital distribution, especially since I think I remember him saying he's a PC gamer...
I've explained it countless times. You just don't listen.
I hate having to repeat myself, go look through my posts until you find it. My posts should be treated as gospel and memorized by everyone anyway.
And I'm a Reformed PC gamer. It just stopped being worth it, and I've never looked back.
I HAVE gone through your posts.

You've NEVER explained it.

"Digital distribution is evil" is NOT an explanation. It's a statement.

"I prefer hard copies" is NOT an explanation for "Digital distribution is evil".

Some gospel.

I'll explain with my own opinion. Steam is basically rental service where you get to rent games for 60$ I say rent because it's linked to your account. They can take away your account for any reason, and guess what, they won't even allow you to share your games with family members or you'll be banned. That's right. They expect your family members to have there own accounts and buy there own games even if you already paid for it. I can understand a little more if it's a friend, but they'll ban you for letting someone in your family play on your account. It's just greedy. Not to mention the fact that you have to run steam to play the games in the first place. I don't think everyone enjoys having to have another program taking up space on there computer just so they can play a game they supposedly "own"

Granted I'm mostly speaking of steam here, but most other forms of digital distribution are exactly the same.

diggy140892

Jun 4, 2010
Blatherscythe said:
diggy140892 said:
Part of me has no sympathy for a lot of xbox owners considering how smug and douchey they were during the psn hack about unhackable their network was. But this does not mean I support lulzsec in any way. They are total douchebags!!
Most of us didn't say that. You probably read a bunch of fanboy BS from the 12 year old demographic.
I never said you all did, there were quite a few who were sympathetic but the vast majority were massive douchebags. Its more I don't any sympathy for xbox owners who were douchebags during the psn hack.

Jumpingbean3

May 3, 2009
Souplex said:
My posts should be treated as gospel and memorized by everyone anyway.
Well you're certainly the modest type(!) Seriously though if your going to make controversial statements about one of the most respected gaming developers today and choose to do so in a way that's so inflammatory then you should expect a hostile reaction.

GLo Jones

Activate the Swagger
Feb 13, 2010
... This is a bit late to be talking about now if it's already been taken down.

I had a check on it a couple of days ago to make sure I wasn't there (I wasn't :D).

Sep 8, 2010
Stormz said:
I'll explain with my own opinion. Steam is basically rental service where you get to rent games for 60$ I say rent because it's linked to your account. They can take away your account for any reason, and guess what, they won't even allow you to share your games with family members or you'll be banned. That's right. They expect your family members to have there own accounts and buy there own games even if you already paid for it. I can understand a little more if it's a friend, but they'll ban you for letting someone in your family play on your account. It's just greedy. Not to mention the fact that you have to run steam to play the games in the first place. I don't think everyone enjoys having to have another program taking up space on there computer just so they can play a game they supposedly "own"

Granted I'm mostly speaking of steam here, but most other forms of digital distribution are exactly the same.
Got banned, didja?

Sep 8, 2010
diggy140892 said:
I never said you all did, there were quite a few who were sympathetic but the vast majority were massive douchebags. Its more I don't any sympathy for xbox owners who were douchebags during the psn hack.
Did you poll each of the millions of xbox users individually, or is this "vast majority" figure possible pulled from some orifice or other?

I own -both- systems, but I still laughed, because Sony got reamed (deservedly) for having poor security and for not being nearly as forthright with their customers as they should have been. I feel bad for anyone who gets their info stolen, but frankly I feel no strong allegiance to any mega-corporations.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Stormz said:
lacktheknack said:
Souplex said:
lacktheknack said:
samwd1 said:
Souplex said:
Grey Walker said:
Well I guess this means Steam'll be next on their list, they've hit all the console devs.
Hopefully they actually do something to Valve instead of getting their info just to prove they can.
Valve needs to be taken down several pegs, then have sharp pegs driven through them.
He never bothers telling us. All I've ever got out of him is "digital distribution is the enemy, Valve runs the biggest digital distribution service, thus Valve is the enemy".

I still don't know why he hates digital distribution, especially since I think I remember him saying he's a PC gamer...
I hate having to repeat myself, go look through my posts until you find it. My posts should be treated as gospel and memorized by everyone anyway.
And I'm a Reformed PC gamer. It just stopped being worth it, and I've never looked back.

"I prefer hard copies" is NOT an explanation for "Digital distribution is evil".

Some gospel.

He still hasn't given me his, but as a gamer in a very non-gaming family, I'm unaffected by your main argument. Sorry if you got banned, though.

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
lacktheknack said:
Stormz said:
lacktheknack said:
Souplex said:
lacktheknack said:
samwd1 said:
Souplex said:
Grey Walker said:

Some gospel.

He still hasn't given me his, but as a gamer in a very non-gaming family, I'm unaffected by your main argument. Sorry if you got banned, though.
No I didn't get banned, that's just my stance on the whole thing. Though his argument may not be the same I thought I would at least give an opinion on the matter.

Jonabob87

Jan 18, 2010
Stormz said:
lacktheknack said:
Souplex said:
lacktheknack said:
samwd1 said:
Souplex said:
Grey Walker said:

Some gospel.

Let me break this down...

Steam is basically rental service where you get to rent games for 60$ I say rent because it's linked to your account.
A rental service that sees you downloading the full game to your PC and giving you the ability to play it offline hence making the game yours virtually forever. Rental my arse.

They can take away your account for any reason, and guess what, they won't even allow you to share your games with family members or you'll be banned. That's right. They expect your family members to have there own accounts and buy there own games even if you already paid for it. I can understand a little more if it's a friend, but they'll ban you for letting someone in your family play on your account. It's just greedy.
What a load of nonsense. How would they police such a policy? Would they expect you to e-mail and tell them your little sister played a game on your account so they could ban you? Ridiculous.

Not to mention the fact that you have to run steam to play the games in the first place. I don't think everyone enjoys having to have another program taking up space on there computer just so they can play a game they supposedly "own"
Yeah DAMN that MAMMOTH 1.5mb program. That's just too big! I'll say again, you DO own the game. Your argument here would work for OnLive, not for Steam.

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
Jonabob87 said:
Stormz said:
lacktheknack said:
Souplex said:
lacktheknack said:
samwd1 said:
Souplex said:
Grey Walker said:

Some gospel.

Let me break this down...

Steam is basically rental service where you get to rent games for 60$ I say rent because it's linked to your account.
A rental service that sees you downloading the full game to your PC and giving you the ability to play it offline hence making the game yours virtually forever. Rental my arse.

They can take away your account for any reason, and guess what, they won't even allow you to share your games with family members or you'll be banned. That's right. They expect your family members to have there own accounts and buy there own games even if you already paid for it. I can understand a little more if it's a friend, but they'll ban you for letting someone in your family play on your account. It's just greedy.
What a load of nonsense. How would they police such a policy? Would they expect you to e-mail and tell them your little sister played a game on your account so they could ban you? Ridiculous.

Not to mention the fact that you have to run steam to play the games in the first place. I don't think everyone enjoys having to have another program taking up space on there computer just so they can play a game they supposedly "own"
Yeah DAMN that MAMMOTH 1.5mb program. That's just too big! I'll say again, you DO own the game. Your argument here would work for OnLive, not for Steam.
Though you can't change my opinion, I would also like to add to that list people who don't have internet, and before you say anything. I know people without internet or really slow internet. People who DON'T have it may want to play that knew retail game they thought they could play only to find out it's impossible because it requires the internet to download.

Tim_Buoy

Jul 7, 2010
whiteshark12 said:
didn't see this posted, so:

http://lulzsecurity.com/releases/62000_random_logins.txt

Go on there, CTRL+F, search your e-mail. if it turns up, change your password. if it doesn't, your account details were not announced.
thanks for that list it shows im safe
Assassin Xaero said:
I can't say I really feel sorry for them. Yeah it's bad, but on the other hand, and ton of xbox players were complete douchebags when PSN was hacked, so guess its karma...
hey as an owner of both systems i have to say this is very unfunny sure i had a few smug comments to some of my exclusive ps3 friends but this just sucks all around