Man Attaches Cyborg Camera Implant to His Skull

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Does someone wanna surgically implante a kick me sign to his back to finish the job?

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
Thank you Professor, for ruining all my hard work. >.>
...When my friends find out about this, there's no way I can disprove that my school isn't filled with crazy.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
chemicalreaper said:
ishist said:
I think it's pointless and ridiculous. This guy needs his ability to communicate with other people revoked lest others begin to screw cameras into their skulls for "art".
It is. He's clearly not a very good artist if the only thing he can think of is to stick a camera in the back of his skull. What a friggin' idiot. Another thing to add to his list of crazy shit, that makes me think he should be locked in the loony bin.
It's less art and more "Hey look at me I'm doing something batshit cra- I mean innovative." and the art snobs will eat it up.

I'm a fan of letting any artist do what they want but when it gets obscure I just put it on my "don't care list".

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
I saw the article and thought "Wow some crazy bastard rigged up a camera to his brain so he can see behind him" then I skimmed the article and was sad.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
I would laugh if half of the pictures were of people flipping the bird becaquse they noticed the camera.
"You pretenous artsy fucker! Raaaaw!"

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
Eating isn't a smart thing to do whilst reading this, but a good idea and should come back with some good results.

Michael826

Aug 17, 2009
I can't help but feel like most of the people commenting on this article don't quite understand the concept of 'art'. Yes it's an obscure way of performing such a task, but that's the point. It transforms something from being relatively uninspiring into a whole new concept, and that's what art is about; an idea. Aesthetic isn't the main idea of this experiment, it never was; he doesn't care how boring most of the pictures will inevitably be. I would think it was about those few photos that do contain something of interest. I don't know, I could be looking into this too much, maybe it's just my inner art student talking. Maybe I'm so tired right now (It's 11:00 pm), that i'm missing the point completely. I don't know. All I know is that this is a cool idea.

/EndRant

Jesus Phish

Jan 28, 2010
michael_sturtridge92 said:
I can't help but feel like most of the people commenting on this article don't quite understand the concept of 'art'. Yes it's an obscure way of performing such a task, but that's the point. It transforms something from being relatively uninspiring into a whole new concept, and that's what art is about; an idea. Aesthetic isn't the main idea of this experiment, it never was; he doesn't care how boring most of the pictures will inevitably be. I would think it was about those few photos that do contain something of interest. I don't know, I could be looking into this too much, maybe it's just my inner art student talking. Maybe I'm so tired right now (It's 11:00 pm), that i'm missing the point completely. I don't know. All I know is that this is a cool idea.

/EndRant
His concept is still very uninspiring. It does nothing but act as a tool for him to get media exposure for his project. If he had just used a cap with a camera in it, it wouldn't have been as attention grabbing.

I think this is another example of why such modern art is such an absolute waste of time and money. He has done absolutly nothing impressive and nothing to help move mankind forward. All he's done is drilled a massive target onto the back of his head, one that if he pisses the wrong person off is going to cause him alot of trouble.

And since he's going to be sleeping for probably eight hours a night, that's going to be 480 pictures of his bedroom/pillow/celing a night.

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
Yet another prove that the definition of art... Is not real.
Art is like multiculturalism, you can do anything under that word and get away with it, if someone tries to stop you, hes automatically wrong.

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
Nouw said:
Attaching a camera to the back of your head for art? I can think of 5 better uses for that camera, starting with helping the blind!
It's just an unconnected camera. It can't do anything for a blind person.

Now if he could succesfully connect it to his brain that would have been world breaking news, but he can't, obviously.
He might aswell have put a microcam on a hairband for all it does. Would have been less intrusive atleast.

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
PhunkyPhazon said:
So basically, we now have a cyborg in our midst?

SWEEEEEEEET

Don't give this idiot the credit. give it to this guy: http://kstp.com/article/stories/S1840405.shtml

Also as for the art argument. IMHO (humble) This is art for people who mistake marketing as art. (some people argue it is) This is not about the installation this is about the artist which to me is not really art as celebrity culture. You show someone a Pollack painting and they'll probably say "this is art?" you tell them ABOUT Pollack and they will buy the shit out of that painting. This dudes project is great self promotion but he is no different than that guy on youtube smoking a pipe.

binvjoh

Sep 27, 2010
I guess it's an interesting idea, but he just seems like the kind of "artist" who will do anything to get some attention.

But hey, perhaps I'm wrong.

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
Nouw said:
Attaching a camera to the back of your head for art? I can think of 5 better uses for that camera, starting with helping the blind!
How would you help blind people with a camera?

OT: I somehow find it awesome.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
well this gives a new meaning to the phrase "having eye,s in the back of your head" I read about the project I didnt think it literary meant IMPLANTING it I though he had it strapped to a cap or helmet