Man Finds Ecstasy Tabs in Used GTA Game

Guitarmasterx7

Day Pig
Mar 16, 2009
"without even testing them"? Strange choice of wording. What would "testing" them accomplish?
"Oh sorry kid, our mistake, they aren't ecstasy, it's just Riddelin, here, go ahead and take em."

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
Erana said:
Lord_Ascendant said:
aren't there laws that keep kids under 18 from playing M rated games??
The ESRB says 17... ;-;

Anyway, that would be hard to regulate...
Still, I think the ESRB should be made into law.
That, and we need an ESRB awareness week.
Not ruling out the possibility this is just sarcasm, since nobody else has bothered to reply to it, but three points here:
1. In the UK, where this happened, video games are rated by the BBFC [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Board_of_Film_Classification];
2. The BBFC ratings are law (in fact, America is one of the few countries in the world whose film, TV, and video game ratings aren't issued by the government);
3. No country that I know of has laws regarding who can play the game once it's been purchased.

RikSharp

Feb 11, 2009
everyone before me who asked.
why was he getting an 18 rated game for his 12 year old son?
i bet if his son does somthing stupid, its all the games fault now...

Logic 0

Aug 28, 2009
I think that man has uncovered a drug ring useing pre-owned games to transport them.

Zombie Izzard

Jul 1, 2009
Kindof off topic but why is it whenever there's a story on these forums that involve a person under the age of 18 playing a M rated game at least half the post are like "Why did the parents let little Timmy play ____?" I mean honestly how many of us played an M rated game before the age of 18. Those ratings are guides, not law. Not saying that all kids his age should be playing this game but I'm not going to judge these parents without knowing anything about these people except for whats in the article. Now until one of these articles is about little Timmy, after playing GTA VI, stole his mom's car keys and started driving down the rode hitting people I won't see the point of saying he's to young to play the game. /rant

On topic. Who honestly looks in a game case expecting to find drugs?

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
While certainly a bad thing, how could the company have anticipated this? I know GameStop doesn't require you to turn in manuals, they just check the disk, so its not really surprising this happened. But do they really need to make a big deal about this? Its a freak incident.

shemoanscazrex3

Mar 24, 2010
I'm happy they let their son play GTA4. Fudge all you people who think its wrong. In my day I played Doom and MKII before I knew how to pleasure myself lol

Retardinator

Nov 2, 2009
fix-the-spade said:
Drugs in a GTA case? I'm willing to bet money (not much, but some) that the dad put them there for publicity, I mean seriously, who'd leave their drugs in a sodding game?
*cough* I hide my weed inside a Worms World Party box.

Gh0st1y_H

Jan 11, 2010
I thought this story was hilarious.

I'm surprised nobody tested the pills to be sure. It sounds like Gamestation has been through this before.

"Yeah, you should go ahead and just destroy those. Don't worry about it."

Jamieson 90

Mar 29, 2010
Logic 0 said:
I think that man has uncovered a drug ring useing pre-owned games to transport them.
I know, what the hell is with the recent uprising of drugs in game cases, Only just posted in a thread about a 4 year old who found weed in a used game case.

As others have said though what the hell were the parents doing giving their 12 year old son an 18 certificated game.

Tiny116

The Cheerful Pessimist
May 6, 2009
look at that one thread about a 4 year old finding a bag of weed in a pre-owned game and now this.
*sigh*
Food for the Exclusive DLC monster

Tyson765

Mar 28, 2010
Doug said:
Why was he giving his 12 year old son an 18 rated game?
I had to laugh after reading that.

"We let our 12 year old son play this game."
Sort of makes you wonder what else kids are playing... 6 year olds on playboy mansion?

Strykz

Apr 4, 2010
"He plays racing games as well, which have Mitsubishi cars in them, so he could have just thought they were something fun - like sweets."
Am I the only one that thought this made absolutely no logical sense?

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
So it begins. There's gonna be a wave of irresponsible parents buying T or M-games for minors and then conveniently find drugs inside.

Either we are having another crisis strike the video game industry, or soccer parents are starting another hate-campaign as revenge for Jack Thompson's disbarment from office.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I was going to say something about the 12 yr old playing GTA, but I see that's already been beaten to death. Instead I'll comment on how isn't this the second time in a week that drugs have been found inside a used game?

N1ceDreamz

Mar 23, 2010
At all the the people saying "Why was he letting his 12 year old etc. etc.": I've played GTA sence I was 8, and I'm not a murderus junkie... well not yet anyways...

Anyways whoever put the drugs there is a retard, end of story.