Man Googles Himself, Finds He's Wanted for Murder

Apr 28, 2008
Never saw the appeal in googleing myself. I just don't care to be honest. Glad he was able to correct this though.

Although I do have a barely related story that happened to my Step-Dad.

He went into the DMV to renew his drivers license. And the one lady behind the counter that he was talking to asked if my Step-Dad ever killed someone. He replied "No!! Why would you even ask?!" She said that there was a killer of the same name on the loose in Mississippi, and gave him a hard time about it.

The funny part, the killer was black, my step-dad is white.

I hate the DMV...

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
I was a little concerned when I googled myself and upon clicking "I'm Feeling Lucky" it immediately started downloading something. Luckily it wasn't anything important, just an article in a local newspaper.

Sucks for that guy though. At least it was cleared up easily enough though. Unless he really is the killer and he's just trying to throw everyone off.

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
Poor bastard, that kind of stuff follows you around for life. I've got a friend who hasn't voted since the early 1970s (voting is compulsory in Australia mind) because the government refuses to amend the rolls that say he's dead... Meanwhile another person who died in 1971 with the same first, middle, and last name (all very common names) that was born in a different year and different state has been getting fined for every election he missed due to being... dead...

Thankfully all the other ID he's got was fixed pretty quickly, but not the voting rolls, every time he's attempted to get it fixed they refuse. It's a disgrace.

Obviously not on the same level as this poor guy, but it's definitely annoying.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Never Googled myself before...Might as well do it now.

Heh. By never-used Twitter that I did for March Madness is there at #1. My Escapist Profile at 2, 3 and 4.

And Facebook shows up finally at 5.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
I spit rootbeer halfway across the room when I read the title of this article. Well done sirs. Well. Done.

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
Greg Tito said:
Man Googles Himself, Finds He's Wanted for Murder

A student at the University of Florida was surprised to find that he was identified by police as a murder suspect.

We've all done it before. You put your name into the Google search field and hit I'm Feeling Lucky, hoping that something good comes up. But for one Zachary Garcia, a student at the University of Florida, he was surprised to see from such a Google search that his name and driver's license photo were released by the Polk County Sheriff's Office in connection with a murder that took place in nearby Davenport. The actual individual charged was named Zachery Garcia (Spelled with an "E" and not an "A"), but the police published it incorrectly, along with the wrong person's picture. Garcia quickly contacted the police and the error was corrected.

"I was just very shocked to find my picture and the article saying that I was convicted of a felony murder charge," Garcia said. "I was just very shocked and angry that someone put my name up there and said I did something I didn't do.

"Everybody makes mistakes," Garcia was quick to add. "I work at Publix [grocery store] and I might get somebody's sub wrong. But for somebody to get the photo of a suspect wrong ... it's not a sandwich, it's somebody's life you're playing with."

Truer words were never spoken, Mr. Garcia. It's not a sandwich, it's somebody's life.

I think you might have unwittingly started a new internet meme. Someone make a video quick.

Source: WTSP [http://www.wtsp.com/news/topstories/story.aspx?storyid=159559&catid=250]

Greg Tito, i salute you for the comment at the end of the article!
that was funny as an article could ever be !

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
"It's not a sandwich, it's somebody's life." sounds oddly like an anti-abortion slogan to me for some reason.

Skorpyo

Average Person Extraordinaire!
May 2, 2010
"It's not a sandwich, it's X".

I see a meme inbound in 3...2...

fletch_talon

Nov 6, 2008
I just googled my full name and found it on the Florida sex offenders list.
Thank God I don't live in America.

THAC0

Aug 12, 2009
josh797 said:
*googles self* hey what do you know, im a poet and i didnt even know it. bwahahahaha... yeah im immature. also, this needs to be a meme, stat. somebody get this to 4chan, on the double.
http://images2.memegenerator.net/Doubles-guy/ImageMacro/2783792/CHECK-OUT-MY-DUBS.jpg

did someone say doubles?

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
Wouldn't most people avoid the cops if they found out they were wanted for murder?

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
josh797 said:
*googles self* hey what do you know, im a poet and i didnt even know it. bwahahahaha... yeah im immature. also, this needs to be a meme, stat. somebody get this to 4chan, on the double.
Good luck on using 4chan tod-PUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDI.

*ahem*

Yeah, good it got resolved. And I almost hope "It's not a sandwich, it's somebody's life" takes off. could be funny.

OptimisticPessimist

Nov 15, 2010
So...just googled myself. Apparently I'm on death row. Or at least someone with the same name as me is. No, really, http://www.justinwolfe.org/

Wow...I...um...