Man Googles Himself, Finds He's Wanted for Murder

Koeryn

Mar 2, 2009
I come up with absolutely nothing that leads back to me!

Though if I came up with 'Wanted For Murder', a few of my friends would probably turn me in thinking it really WAS me they were looking for.

...Is that saying bad things about me or my friends?

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
Lol internet, you so cray-cray.

I would google myself to check if I'm wanted for murder, but I'm pretty sure the cops never found the bodies, so it's all good. ^ ^

Sn1P3r M98

May 30, 2010
Hehe, sorta funny. I'm glad he got it worked out though.

Also, Google tells me I am an insurance contractor.

BlueGlowstick

Nov 18, 2010
I get my Twitter page... or my old one. xD I'm the only Neelie besides some politicians named Neelie on there lol xD

bahhh xD

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
Acting like a FOOL said:
it ain't starcraft neither.
I think this is going to be a running joke here on the E now. I've seen this reference in at least 3 threads now.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Nikolaz72 said:
Im feeling lucky. "Well sad for you, for you arent"
Poor guy. Glad the whole thing got resolved.
/thread.

Blind Sight said:
"It's not a sandwich, it's somebody's life." sounds oddly like an anti-abortion slogan to me for some reason.
Made me laugh. Is that a bad thing?

I feel sorry for that guy, even if it was resolved.

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
Greg Tito said:
"Everybody makes mistakes," Garcia was quick to add. "I work at Publix [grocery store] and I might get somebody's sub wrong. But for somebody to get the photo of a suspect wrong ... it's not a sandwich, it's somebody's life you're playing with."

Truer words were never spoken, Mr. Garcia. It's not a sandwich, it's somebody's life.

I think you might have unwittingly started a new internet meme. Someone make a video quick.
"It's not a X, it's somebody's life." or "It's not a sandwich, it's somebody's X"
"It's not a Double Rainbow, it's somebody's life."
"It's not a sandwich, it's somebody's Boxxy."

Tehe, I like it.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
I google myself everyday, sometimes twice a day if I'm in the mood.

Hulyen

Apr 20, 2009
...apparently there's someone in FL who plays basketball with my name. That's actually fairly creepy, since I have a super uncommon last name. o.o

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
AmrasCalmacil said:
Must add own image!

Is it stale yet?
No, it isn't. I could see this growing, but I sincerely doubt the rest of the Internet could.

Poor guy. At least they got it taken care of quickly.

gmacarthur81

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>
Nov 13, 2009
I did that a few years back and found out that I had 10 felony warrants out on me for Grand Theft. Suffice to say, I was not amused and neither was the state attorney when he found out that all that paperwork was done incorrectly.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
I'm reminded of a Better Off Ted [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1235547/] episode where an image search engine is created, and one of the scientists discovers his lookalike(everyone has one, I know I do) is having a much rowdier and wild life than he is, and wonders what sets him apart. It ends in a lot of pain for the poor scientist.
There was also a tv movie from the 80's where an innocent guy was charged for murder because he was a spittin image of the true murderer. The court case almost went to conviction before the cops found the real suspect. I think it was even based on a true story.
Scary stuff.
Since the actual suspect was found and charged I imagine that was what made it easy for the sheriff's office to correct the mistake. If it was for an APB or BOLO then there might have been worse problems in store for this guy. He did get lucky.
AmrasCalmacil said:
Must add own image!

Is it stale yet?
This sandvich will be fresh for months to come. Just remember it began here at The Escapist, folks!

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
He so could have used that to freak people out, he could have hung it up in his store, near his station so customers would see it. He'd be sitting next to or close to it. Also could have printed up a dummy newspaper front page with his picture on it, then gone out to read in a nice crowded area.

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
Canid117 said:
Wouldn't most people avoid the cops if they found out they were wanted for murder?
If I Googled myself and found out I had apparently been convicted (As in, already in jail) for a murder I had nothing to do with, you can bet your ass I'd be going down to the police station. Even if it said I was wanted, I would still do it.