Man killed by police after angry CoD gamer SWATs player for lost $1.50 wager match

Warhound

Oct 24, 2017
Saelune said:
Basement Cat said:
Saelune said:
Warhound said:
Saelune said:
Warhound said:
Saelune said:
Warhound said:
Saelune said:
Warhound said:
The only time you shoot is shooting to kill. If you think there are other options you don't draw the gun, or put it away. You never shoot to wound, you never try to leg someone.
This is the worst line of thinking ever. Please, never go near a firearm.
Except this comes from ex-military and police officers who have served over 20 years. Where as your line of thinking comes from some imagination land. Go talk to an armed police officer from the UK, they will tell you the exact same thing.
You were a cop? Considering how you act, I only feel more sure of my views.
Well, you are sure of your views because you have a fantasy version of reality.

But no, I wasn't a cop, I just took firearm training classes as a teen and an adult so I had a proper respect for the tools I was inheriting from my parents. You should take one as well since you don't understand the basics of what you are talking about.
I was too busy building a respect for innocent lives, not metal weapons of death.
Funny I had time to do both, never too late for you to learn, but I suspect you have 0 interest in actually learning, you just want to reinforce your own strange world views, eh? After all you just got told you were wrong by several people and your responce is "NAH NAH NAH YOU ARE ALL WRONG."
There have been times where I have been on the side with most of the people agreeing against one person, and I do usually think "Everyone else thinks you're wrong so you probably are" but I dont say it cause...thats bullshit. Just because a majority of people agree on something, doesnt make it right, case in point most Civil Rights issues. And plus you are only going on right now. Silvanus, undeadsuitor, bastardofmelbourne and others tend to be on the same page as me on this topic. Just because they arent here right now defending me or disagreeing with you doesnt mean they suddenly change their mind.

And what of your responses? You are very rude and directly insulting.
No, he isn't.

In fact I find myself agreeing with him. You're unfamiliar with firearms--nothing wrong with that--but in addition to hating firearms in general you ooze contempt and disgust over those who wield them and/or are trained to handle them.
It worries me that you are condoning his posts then, but fine.

I hate the idolization of deadly weapons by so many here. I ooze contempt and disgust over murderers who get away with it because of unreasonable worship of organizations that repeatedly fail to uphold the law they are supposed to enforce and defend, as well as for the people who outright defend them on flimsy and unfair reasoning. Why is it ok for cops, people with guns and supposed training, to kill out of fear and cowardice, but its not ok for an innocent person to fumble in fear when yelled at by said gun toting monsters? I believe that is the definition of a double standard.

I think gun nuts are far too biased in their idol worship that they lack objective thinking and outright dismiss anyone who doesnt fall in line with their deadly thinking.
Again you use the word murderers, you don't know what that word means clearly, and you lessen the meaning of it by applying it incorrectly.

The douche in the charger who ran people over at a nazi rally? THATS a murderer.

A cop who makes a split second judgment call and is wrong? Still wrong, but not a murderer.

Also its laughable that you call everyone else biased and lacking objectivity and then call people cowards, idol worshipers. You say they have 'supposed training' yet you, someone who has never seemingly been in the same room as a firearm, can't even respect the very basic rule of firearms, that you don't point it at anything you don't want to die/destroy AND endorse the cops shooting at people's legs and arms to disable them.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Saelune said:
I think gun nuts are far too biased in their idol worship that they lack objective thinking and outright dismiss anyone who doesnt fall in line with their deadly thinking.
Saelune, you're the one here wanting firearms to be used for non-lethal means. Please let that sink in and see how insane that sounds to people that have experience with firearms and do practice basic safety. If you're against firearms being drawn so quickly in these situations, that's one thing. You're talking about using firearms for something they are inherently designed against as per the laws of the universe.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Warhound said:
Saelune said:
Basement Cat said:
Saelune said:
Warhound said:
Saelune said:
Warhound said:
Saelune said:
Warhound said:
Saelune said:
Warhound said:
The only time you shoot is shooting to kill. If you think there are other options you don't draw the gun, or put it away. You never shoot to wound, you never try to leg someone.
Except this comes from ex-military and police officers who have served over 20 years. Where as your line of thinking comes from some imagination land. Go talk to an armed police officer from the UK, they will tell you the exact same thing.
You were a cop? Considering how you act, I only feel more sure of my views.
Well, you are sure of your views because you have a fantasy version of reality.

But no, I wasn't a cop, I just took firearm training classes as a teen and an adult so I had a proper respect for the tools I was inheriting from my parents. You should take one as well since you don't understand the basics of what you are talking about.
I was too busy building a respect for innocent lives, not metal weapons of death.
Funny I had time to do both, never too late for you to learn, but I suspect you have 0 interest in actually learning, you just want to reinforce your own strange world views, eh? After all you just got told you were wrong by several people and your responce is "NAH NAH NAH YOU ARE ALL WRONG."
There have been times where I have been on the side with most of the people agreeing against one person, and I do usually think "Everyone else thinks you're wrong so you probably are" but I dont say it cause...thats bullshit. Just because a majority of people agree on something, doesnt make it right, case in point most Civil Rights issues. And plus you are only going on right now. Silvanus, undeadsuitor, bastardofmelbourne and others tend to be on the same page as me on this topic. Just because they arent here right now defending me or disagreeing with you doesnt mean they suddenly change their mind.

And what of your responses? You are very rude and directly insulting.
No, he isn't.

In fact I find myself agreeing with him. You're unfamiliar with firearms--nothing wrong with that--but in addition to hating firearms in general you ooze contempt and disgust over those who wield them and/or are trained to handle them.
It worries me that you are condoning his posts then, but fine.

I hate the idolization of deadly weapons by so many here. I ooze contempt and disgust over murderers who get away with it because of unreasonable worship of organizations that repeatedly fail to uphold the law they are supposed to enforce and defend, as well as for the people who outright defend them on flimsy and unfair reasoning. Why is it ok for cops, people with guns and supposed training, to kill out of fear and cowardice, but its not ok for an innocent person to fumble in fear when yelled at by said gun toting monsters? I believe that is the definition of a double standard.

Again you use the word murderers, you don't know what that word means clearly, and you lessen the meaning of it by applying it incorrectly.

The douche in the charger who ran people over at a nazi rally? THATS a murderer.

A cop who makes a split second judgment call and is wrong? Still wrong, but not a murderer.

Also its laughable that you call everyone else biased and lacking objectivity and then call people cowards, idol worshipers. You say they have 'supposed training' yet you, someone who has never seemingly been in the same room as a firearm, can't even respect the very basic rule of firearms, that you don't point it at anything you don't want to die/destroy AND endorse the cops shooting at people's legs and arms to disable them.
See again I go back to if thats the case then clearly cops should not be allowed to have guns if they are going to just kill innocent people left and right over the slightest things. You want me to not call cops murderers but say that they HAVE to be murderers to even have guns. Make up your mind.

Warhound

Oct 24, 2017
Saelune said:
You want me to not call cops murderers but say that they HAVE to be murderers to even have guns. Make up your mind.
So, everyone who owns guns is a murderer now? Good to know.

But no, murderers are murderers, cops who make bad judgment calls aren't murderers and neither is everyone who owns a gun. That isn't to say that there aren't some who ARE IN FACT murderers, (Like the ones who go into a cell and beat the inmate to death.)

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Warhound said:
Saelune said:
You want me to not call cops murderers but say that they HAVE to be murderers to even have guns. Make up your mind.
So, everyone who owns guns is a murderer now? Good to know. Sorry @Basement_cat your grandma is a murderer, the cops (without guns) will be by shortly to take her into custody. Way to start the new year eh?

But no, murderers are murderers, cops who make bad judgment calls aren't murderers and neither is everyone who owns a gun. That isn't to say that there aren't some who ARE IN FACT murderers, (Like the ones who go into a cell and beat the inmate to death.)
Its easy to say 'oops, oh well' when its just a statistic. You would not say the same if it happened to anyone you loved.

Nov 9, 2015
Saelune said:
"Shoot only to kill" is a way of thinking that police would do well to get rid of. I think it might be a major source of the problem with gun nuts. Imagine if more cops shot to impede? Imagine if both innocent people had atleast a chance to live and guilty people had a chance to speak directly on why they did whatever they did. Too many shootings end with a dead perp and a mystery.
In most cases, shooting anywhere besides the head or center of mass is suicide.

Bear in mind that handgun rounds are not the best manstoppers. A lot or robbers who are shot by surprise are able to return fire and run away, only to die later somewhere else. It depends, you can get shot once, think "I don't want to die" and drop to the floor because your self-preservation instinct kicks in, or you can suffer multiple fatal wounds and keep firing back.

Also bear in mind that it takes 10-15 seconds for someone shot in the heart to become unconscious. In that time they can run you through with a knife or shoot back at you. In fact there was one person whose heart was obliterated by a 12 gauge, yet he managed to run something like 100m. It's an extraordinary circumstance yes, but it puts into perspective how much you can do with a fatal wound.

The only truly reliable one shot stop is to the is the midbrain or spinal cord, which is incredibly difficult. Anything else, they will be able to fire back until they either give up, get knocked down, or pass out from pain or low blood pressure. That's why you shoot and keep shooting until the opponent is down, even if it means killing him or her.

Warhound

Oct 24, 2017
Saelune said:
Warhound said:
Saelune said:
So, everyone who owns guns is a murderer now? Good to know. Sorry @Basement_cat your grandma is a murderer, the cops (without guns) will be by shortly to take her into custody. Way to start the new year eh?

Its easy to say 'oops, oh well' when its just a statistic. You would not say the same if it happened to anyone you loved.
Sure I would. Because I am able to understand the difference between what a premeditated act and a snap judgment call on a cops part. I wouldn't be HAPPY (Clearly to most), but I would still know the difference between the two. I wouldn't be all like "OMG (NAME) WAS MURDEREDDD" You know there is a difference between "killed/killer" and "murdered/murderer" ...right?

And for your information I have someone I care about killed by firearms, but I am intelligent enough to know that they aren't evil death machines just waiting to gun down innocent families, that the tool isn't to blame for the action of the person wielding it. I didn't blame the gun for my friend's death any more than I would have blamed a hammer if he had been beaten to death instead, or a knife if he had been stabbed to death.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
I don said:
Saelune said:
"Shoot only to kill" is a way of thinking that police would do well to get rid of. I think it might be a major source of the problem with gun nuts. Imagine if more cops shot to impede? Imagine if both innocent people had atleast a chance to live and guilty people had a chance to speak directly on why they did whatever they did. Too many shootings end with a dead perp and a mystery.
In most cases, shooting anywhere besides the head or center of mass is suicide.

Bear in mind that handgun rounds are not the best manstoppers. A lot or robbers who are shot by surprise are able to return fire and run away, only to die later somewhere else. It depends, you can get shot once, think "I don't want to die" and drop to the floor because your self-preservation instinct kicks in, or you can suffer multiple fatal wounds and keep firing back.

Also bear in mind that it takes 10-15 seconds for someone shot in the heart to become unconscious. In that time they can run you through with a knife or shoot back at you. In fact there was one person whose heart was obliterated by a 12 gauge, yet he managed to run something like 100m. It's an extraordinary circumstance yes, but it puts into perspective how much you can do with a fatal wound.

The only truly reliable one shot stop is to the is the midbrain or spinal cord, which is incredibly difficult. Anything else, they will be able to fire back until they either give up, get knocked down, or pass out from pain or low blood pressure. That's why you shoot and keep shooting until the opponent is down, even if it means killing him or her.
It occurs to me I am arguing on many fronts. The whole initial point of this topic was really about accountability. These two issues are not exclusive, accountibility of police and proper gun use. I might be more forgiving if I knew that cops actually could face proper punishment for wrong doing.

But no, I am arguing against people who dont want to hold cops accountable AND want everyone to have guns and shoto everyone dead. Its really frustrating.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Warhound said:
Saelune said:
Warhound said:
Saelune said:

Sure I would. Because I am able to understand the difference between what a premeditated act and a snap judgment call. I wouldn't be HAPPY (Clearly to most), but I would still know the difference between the two. I wouldn't be all like "OMG (NAME) WAS MURDEREDDD" You know there is a difference between "killed/killer" and "murdered/murderer" ...right?

And for your information I have someone I care about killed by firearms, but I am intelligent enough to know that they aren't evil death machines just waiting to gun down innocent families, that the tool isn't to blame for the action of the person wielding it. I didn't blame the gun for my friend's death any more than I would have blamed a hammer if he had been beaten to death instead, or a knife if he had been stabbed to death.
Ok, lets not blame the gun then. Lets blame the person who fired it. Oh wait, you dont want to.

And this person killed by guns, how? I mean, did they get killed by shooting themselves? Or were they shot by another? How did you feel about the shooter? Did you forgive them afterwards?

Warhound

Oct 24, 2017
Saelune said:
Ok, lets not blame the gun then. Lets blame the person who fired it. Oh wait, you dont want to.

And this person killed by guns, how? I mean, did they get killed by shooting themselves? Or were they shot by another? How did you feel about the shooter? Did you forgive them afterwards?
I do, if they are actually to blame, I just don't follow your fantasy world view where everytime a cop i wrong he is suddenly a murderer that needs to have the book thrown at him. Sometimes mistakes happen, it is unfortunate. It is Tragic, but it is true.

He was shot by a terrorist during the embassy attack in Libya. I am not fond of the shooter, and no I wouldn't forgive them, but they are actual murderers, they planned and carried out an attack.

Can you understand the difference? The difference between premeditation and a snap judgment?

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Warhound said:
Saelune said:

I do, if they are actually to blame, I just don't follow your fantasy world view where everytime a cop i wrong he is suddenly a murderer that needs to have the book thrown at him. Sometimes mistakes happen, it is unfortunate. It is Tragic, but it is true.

He was shot by a terrorist during the embassy attack in Libya. I am not fond of the shooter, and no I wouldn't forgive them, but they are actual murderers, they planned and carried out an attack.

Can you understand the difference? The difference between premeditation and a snap judgment?
Everytime? How about ANY time? Thats the thing, when has it happened at all? When was the last time a cop was ACTUALLY punished for shooting someone they clearly should not have? Yeah, SOMETIMES mistakes happen, but 1. They are too often to be mere mistakes and 2. Sometmes even mistakes need to be punished.

I guess we need to train officers to make better snap-judgements.

Warhound

Oct 24, 2017
Saelune said:
Warhound said:
Saelune said:

Everytime? How about ANY time? Thats the thing, when has it happened at all? When was the last time a cop was ACTUALLY punished for shooting someone they clearly should not have? Yeah, SOMETIMES mistakes happen, but 1. They are too often to be mere mistakes and 2. Sometmes even mistakes need to be punished.

Just a few days ago one was indited for what he did?
http://cw33.com/2017/12/07/lyndo-jones-fired-mesquite-police-officer-indicted-for-shooting/

He is facing around 99 years for what he did.

Just because you aren't looking doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Maybe you should start reading more news if you really think cops are running around and able to shoot anyone they want without anything happening.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Warhound said:
Saelune said:
Warhound said:
Saelune said:

http://cw33.com/2017/12/07/lyndo-jones-fired-mesquite-police-officer-indicted-for-shooting/

Just because you aren't looking doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Maybe you should start reading more news if you really think cops are running around and able to shoot anyone they want without anything happening.
*checks link* Ah, black cop.

Warhound

Oct 24, 2017
Saelune said:
Warhound said:
Saelune said:
Warhound said:
Saelune said:

Damn those migratory goalposts, I forgot it was their time to move south for the winter. Gotta love racists who read it into everything.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Warhound said:
Saelune said:
Warhound said:
Saelune said:
Warhound said:
Saelune said:

Damn those migratory goalposts, I forgot it was their time to move south for the winter. Gotta love racists who read it into everything.
Well, it would have shut me up better if it was a white man honestly. Now sure, I have begun to accept that not all power abusing killer cops are racist, but there is certainly a venn diagram of power abusing cops and racist cops.

But hey, they found a way to both try to appease to people like me who think they never punish any of their own AND still shit on black people. And its not so much that I moved the goal posts as much as you kicking the ball into an adjacent field. Lifes problems arent all independant of eachother, go figure.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Warhound said:
Saelune said:
Warhound said:
Saelune said:

Everytime? How about ANY time? Thats the thing, when has it happened at all? When was the last time a cop was ACTUALLY punished for shooting someone they clearly should not have? Yeah, SOMETIMES mistakes happen, but 1. They are too often to be mere mistakes and 2. Sometmes even mistakes need to be punished.2W3

How about we wait until he's inevitably let off eh? An actual punishment would be jail time; sitting through a trial where the prosecution is only half-assing it and the jury is guaranteed to have at least 1 cop worshiper then simply moving to a nearby town/city's department afterwards (if he's even let go from his current position) is a joke for killing someone.

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
Saelune said:
Warhound said:
So let's talk about what happens in the body when you get in a perceived life and death sitaution, shall we? Your sympathetic nervous system goes bananas and unleashes loads of hormones and signal substances like adrenaline, noradrenaline and cortisol directly into your bloodstream in truly massive quantities. This manifests as dry mouth, nausea, 'butterflies', tunnel vision and a sense of vertigo but more pertinently as rapid pulse, increased blood pressure and muscle tension. Muscle tremors from the build up of stress hormones is very common. In your brain all non-essential parts are put on hold, so that your amygdala and reptile brain can quickly react to any changes in the situation without being impeded by complex thoughts or pointless memories.

It is in this condition that a police officer draws their gun. Aiming a gun is never easy, but it is much, much harder when your muscles are tense and shaking, your breathing is shallow and your heart is beating at over 150 beats per minute with a blood pressure that can easily go past 200/120. That's on top of the cognitive block that the situation has caused. Trying to do fancy trick shooting is impossible, because it is pretty fucking hard just to hit a mansized target in center mass from 30 feet away. So you shoot to hit the center of your target and you keep shooting until you can confirm that the target is no longer an immediate threat to yours or someone else's life. Because anything else would just endanger more lives then that of the perpetrator in front of the police officer.

Warhound

Oct 24, 2017
Gethsemani said:
Saelune said:
Warhound said:
So let's talk about what happens in the body when you get in a perceived life and death sitaution, shall we? Your sympathetic nervous system goes bananas and unleashes loads of hormones and signal substances like adrenaline, noradrenaline and cortisol directly into your bloodstream in truly massive quantities. This manifests as dry mouth, nausea, 'butterflies', tunnel vision and a sense of vertigo but more pertinently as rapid pulse, increased blood pressure and muscle tension. Muscle tremors from the build up of stress hormones is very common. In your brain all non-essential parts are put on hold, so that your amygdala and reptile brain can quickly react to any changes in the situation without being impeded by complex thoughts or pointless memories.

It is in this condition that a police officer draws their gun. Aiming a gun is never easy, but it is much, much harder when your muscles are tense and shaking, your breathing is shallow and your heart is beating at over 150 beats per minute with a blood pressure that can easily go past 200/120. That's on top of the cognitive block that the situation has caused. Trying to do fancy trick shooting is impossible, because it is pretty fucking hard just to hit a mansized target in center mass from 30 feet away. So you shoot to hit the center of your target and you keep shooting until you can confirm that the target is no longer an immediate threat to yours or someone else's life. Because anything else would just endanger more lives then that of the perpetrator in front of the police officer.
Nah see, its totally the fact that cops need better training, if they had that training they could ignore their biology, wait for the badguy to have a gun out then use their superhuman cop reflexes to shoot the gun out of their hand or just hit him in the knee and not be coward scumbag murderer nazis out to exterminate poor black people.

Randomosity

Nov 19, 2009
Saelune said:
Warhound said:
Saelune said:
Warhound said:
Saelune said:
Warhound said:
Saelune said:

Well, it would have shut me up better if it was a white man honestly. Now sure, I have begun to accept that not all power abusing killer cops are racist, but there is certainly a venn diagram of power abusing cops and racist cops.

But hey, they found a way to both try to appease to people like me who think they never punish any of their own AND still shit on black people. And its not so much that I moved the goal posts as much as you kicking the ball into an adjacent field. Lifes problems arent all independant of eachother, go figure.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/cop-michael-slager-faces-19-24-years-prison/story?id=51595376

Not even a month old, White Cop, 20 years, for killing an unarmed black man. Was literally the first result I found on google for "Cop sentenced for shooting"

Naqel

Nov 21, 2009
CannibalCorpses said:
Well, if i was a betting man i would wager that the victim was a black man and thats why the SWAT team shot him dead :p
Gauche said:
Victim was Andrew Finch

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/kan-man-killed-cops-victim-swatting-prank-article-1.3726171
Don't SWAT anyone now that you lost...