Man Kills Self While Taking a Selfie With a Gun

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Zhukov said:
First rule of gun safety:
Do they even teach gun safety in North America? Maybe Canadia, but the US ruled it unconstitutional (along with the right to exist while being black or poor) and I'm pretty sure Mexico's on our side.

insanelich

Reportable Offender
Sep 3, 2008
JimB said:
I wish fewer people were making fun of this guy. Yes, his death is his own fault, and yes, his death was preventable, but a human being is dead. His parents have just outlived their son; his siblings are planning their brother's funeral; his significant other is facing down the idea of a life without the man she loved and not having the children she might have been dreaming about. It's not really very funny.
The core difference here between people like you and the other half of the thread is that the other half has given up on helping everyone.

Death is inherently funny. Death by dumb reasons is hilarious. The entirety of life is absurd - a lot - and I do mean a lot - of people suffer absolutely horrible deaths (or get crippled for a lifetime) for no good reason whatsoever. Cancer is a tragedy, but eventually you just have to laugh.

By comparison, this dude could have saved himself with just a little bit of common sense, and there ain't nobody to blame. You could blame him, but he's dead.

Stop treating death like it's something dead serious. It'll come for all of us eventually, and it ain't gonna be dignified.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
Wow, that's sad. And also the reason why you don't wave a loaded gun around while taking selfies.

Don't get selfies. Don't get why you'd wave a thing that "puts holes in things and kills them" around while taking a selfy. And I don't get this.

The moral of the story is that people who wave guns around are stupid and so are selfies, I suppose?

forgo911

Feb 26, 2014
BathorysGraveland2 said:
mitchell271 said:
There's a reason we have Darwin Awards, and that's the point and laugh at the complete fucking morons that killed themselves in the dumbest ways imaginable. One of the requirements for winning one is removing yourself from the gene pool, just to ensure you can't pass your painfully small brain onto anyone else!
Yeah, and my opinion on the "Darwin awards" is one of disgust, so that petty, hateful thing does not change my stance in the slightest.
So you believe we should coddle the stupid? Try and prevent them from doing anything that might harm themselves ever? To me at least, you seem like one of those over protective parents who thinks that dodgeball is too dangerous to play in school. If you haven't realized by now, stupidity is a death sentence. And this guy ranks pretty high on the stupidity scale. Guns are weapons used for killing people, not for making yourself look "cool" on your social media by pointing it at your head.

Oh and how the hell does pointing a gun at your head make you look cool? I can't wait for the Darwin awards 2014 to come out so I can read more about his stupidity.

Avaholic03

May 11, 2009
Drake the Dragonheart said:
Scarim Coral said:
While it is a tragic news but come on! It's common sense to check if the gun is load or not!
Why do we call it common sense? is it really common anymore? sadly I think I know the answer.
Of course it's common sense. There are millions of guns in the world and only a handful of accidental discharges like this. That insanely low probability is due the the fact that the overwhelming majority of gun owners are not this stupid. Thus, checking if the gun is loaded or not is very much common sense.

chikusho

Jun 14, 2011
Everyone thinks only idiots get into gun accidents until they get into a gun accident.

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
I wonder how much Darwin would have agreed with all of the people branding posthumous bulling with his surname...

As for the rules of gun ownership, there should really be only one - Don't point a firearm at anything you don't want to get shot. The rest is all decoration

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
You know, this is actually kind of sad. Sure, this guy was a moron, but I don't think being a moron is some sort of horrendous evil that deserves to be punishable by death.

Candidus

Dec 17, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
Zhukov said:
First rule of gun safety:
Do they even teach gun safety in North America? Maybe Canada, but the US ruled it unconstitutional (along with the right to exist while being black or poor) and I'm pretty sure Mexico's on our side.
Do you know what teaches gun safety? Knowing what a gun is. If you don't want to kill the thing, don't point the thing that kills things at the thing.

If you know what a gun is and you manage to screw it up to this extent, then asking for strangers not to laugh at you is asking too much.

Alpha Maeko

Uh oh, better get Maeko!
Apr 14, 2010
Tragic... but still a moron.

Also, did he manage to capture the moment when he fired with that selfie?

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Candidus said:
Do you know what teaches gun safety? Knowing what a gun is.
Yeah, that's clearly not true. That you have to make an exception for people who manage to screw up to this extent (which is a sizable chunk) should tell you that. That I live in a nation with a lobby defending such people should really tell you that.

Somethingfake

Oct 22, 2008
Nope he didn't deserve to die. Am I going to weep for him? No. To own a gun illegally, to not check that it's loaded, to put it to ones own head and to pull the trigger all for taking a picture is fucking stupid and I have the right to say it's fucking stupid.

1. A gun is always loaded.

2. A gun is *always* loaded.

I've never held a gun in my life. If anyone were to hand me one I'd treat it as if wanted to personally murder me.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
Darwin award number 1 goes to:

Seriously, I have no pity for people who do this kind of stupid shit.

soul_rune1984

Mar 7, 2008
I wonder if this guy will end up on an episode of a 1000 ways to Die, if they're still making episodes of that show. This is sad, tragic and funny all at the same time.

V4Viewtiful

Feb 12, 2014
Vanity and guns don't mix, it seems.

I just hope it teaches people to be more responsible with a loaded gun.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
Sad for his family that the guy will be remembered as a moron. At least make sure the thing isn't loaded... Gun safety 101