Man Murders Girlfriend Over GTA

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
Optimus Prime said:
But he stabbed her because of the affair. Not the game, silly.
That's what I noticed. It seems that her GTA addiction was a factor involved, but it was far from the cause.

runedeadthA

Feb 18, 2009
Well, I never accused humanity of being intelligent, and it looks like I never will.

Though it is quite clear she was addicted to games, it also shows that he is quite crazy.

(the chick also may have been crazy if she did have an affair, just get a divorce people!)

roboosh

May 8, 2008
Ofcourse games have a part in this, and are in this case partly to blame. But what people seem to think is that getting rid of games will get rid of murders - and that, sadly, is never going to happen.

roboosh

May 8, 2008
MBurner 93 said:
I can't wait to see the media turn this around and blame it on us. Bring it on, bitches!
If you want to be able to defend videogames against the media, I'd get rid of that avatar with a stickman holding a gun ;)

Zer0 Zeal

Aug 30, 2008
MA7743W said:
Too bad this'll somehow become twisted in the media so it seems like he was the violent 'addict' who decided to 'emulate' his favorite game and stab his wife.
Donno if someones said this, cant be bothered reading through 5 pages. But it was the wife that was an addict, not the husband.

Dudemeister

Feb 24, 2008
Zer0 Zeal said:
MA7743W said:
Too bad this'll somehow become twisted in the media so it seems like he was the violent 'addict' who decided to 'emulate' his favorite game and stab his wife.
Donno if someones said this, cant be bothered reading through 5 pages. But it was the wife that was an addict, not the husband.
I know, that's why I said it'll become twisted by the media to look like he was the addict. Did you even read the post ?

Phantom Sheep

Apr 16, 2009
This is a tragic story. It really has nothing to do with gaming though, it's a shame people like to fluff up that connection all the time.