Man Takes Hostage, Comments On SWAT Standoff Via Facebook

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
winter2 said:
UnmotivatedSlacker said:
icyneesan said:
Im not sure what is boggling my mind more right now, this, or the story about teens getting drunk off of vodka soaked tampons.

Seriously, what the fuck is going on in the world?
Wait wait wait. Teens are doing what now? When the hell did this start?
That's old. To my recollection I heard about that back in my college days in the late 90's.
It's a variation on an old alcoholic trick: basically, when a person's stomach can't absorb the alcohol, they look for other ways to get it into their system. The answer? Alcohol suppository (thank you, Warren Ellis, for continuing my education).

WE NOW RETURN YOU TO YOUR NORMAL TOPIC OF THE MORON ON FACEBOOK

Loud Hawk

Jun 8, 2009
If he had just killed himself he could have won a Darwin Award, but no he had to fuck that up too... So now it is just the jolly fun of years upon years of prison shower games for him.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
this has shallow end of the gene pool written all over it.

Also, why would you defend the guy? What possible reason does he have to take hostages like this and is defendable?

EDIT: screw itk, I dont care what happens, I'm liking this. this is just too good.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
UnmotivatedSlacker said:
icyneesan said:
Im not sure what is boggling my mind more right now, this, or the story about teens getting drunk off of vodka soaked tampons.

Seriously, what the fuck is going on in the world?
Wait wait wait. Teens are doing what now? When the hell did this start?
I am a teen, and this is the first I heard of it. To my knowledge Grade 10 is when all this shit starts. However, I am done Grade 10 in a week. Nothing of the sort.

OT: I looked up the Facebook page. His pictures he posted with his hostage made her look more like a "hostage". They were posing for pictures together. She didn't seem scared, more like slightly bored.

EDIT: Actually, one of the comments was "She looks like she does this everyday."

Popido

Oct 21, 2010
If this was a scene in a movie, I would definitely go watch that movie based by this scene.

LZeroK

May 25, 2009
People keep saying facebook is eeevviiill, but if it helps to capture dumb criminals like this one then facebook is good on my book... NOT.

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
People will go any length to hate police, and that includes supporting trash like Valdez. Pretty sad.

Scabadus

Wrote Some Words
Jul 16, 2009
I wonder what his plan was for after he released the hostage? I'm having an argument with myself over whether he'd realise immediatly that he had just given up the sole reason the police wern't charging at him, or whether it would take him a few hours. I just can't decide...

Still, if videogames have taught me anything: "Open, dislike, flash and clear on Zulu!" (Boy that's an old referance.)

StellarViking

Apr 10, 2011
Eri said:
People will go any length to hate police, and that includes supporting trash like Valdez. Pretty sad.
Pretty much this. Police get a lot of shit, and yeah, okay, sometimes some of them can be jerks, but seriously? I'd rather deal with one or two jerk officers (hurr) than I would no police at all. Supporting this dude and looking out for him? Humanity just keeps scoring lower and lower today.

GraveeKing

Nov 15, 2009
Oooh what's next?
'A sniper had a shot at me but missed and hit my arm, currently bleeding out - don't think I'll be lasting much longer
Officer Jenkins, Marshal Davis and 4 others liked this!'

Seriously, this amazes me so greatly xD I hope i see a bank robbery on facebook next x3

derob

Feb 17, 2011
He was obviously an unstable and selfish individual. That he chose to make his pathetic, morally horrid crime a matter of public amusement is only an irksome reminder of how socially backward can become through technology.

facebook bites the big one (yet again.)

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
I'm not sure what I'm more bewildered by: the fact that 'JDawg' made updates of his crime via his FB account, or that he was making new friends for taking people hostage.

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
JRCB said:
Who the hell would defend this man? HE TOOK A FUCKING HOSTAGE. Without a doubt there is nothing to defend.
Unfortunately most people would defend their loved ones even if they turned out to be the reincarnation of Hitler. It's just the way it is. Human emotion always overrides logic. Not to mention our 'belief systems' refuse to let us face facts and so we convince ourselves something 'must be false' or 'there must be another way' despite all overwhelming evidence to the contrary. It might be easy for us to say this about those defending Valdez now, but imagine if it was your mum, or dad, or brother, or sister, or girlfriend, or wife, or child, or whatever. You would probably be defending him / her just as defiantly.

And he bragged about it on Facebook? Seriously?
People will do absolutely anything for their 15 minutes of fame, which is what this was, and he got it. We're here talking about it right now. Sure he was probably looking for support from his friends as he'd likely have been going out of his mind with stress, but i'm sure on some level he was aware that "this is going on facebook, a public domain with high traffic. People will know about this even after i'm caught." Just look at various other grabs for public attention, illegal or otherwise, like the Balloon Boy hoax and even LulzSec themselves; they do what they do for media attention. The only bad publicity is no publicity. Everyone loves having the spotlight on them and their fifteen minutes of fame even if they go down with the ship. Hell, the antagonist in National Treasure died just so he could get his name printed in the newspaper.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
I swear, this should actually become a movie.
I think that the end credits should show all the facebook comments made by his family and everyone who commented on those along the side of the actual credits while this song plays:
I don't know why, it just fits.