Man Takes Hostage, Comments On SWAT Standoff Via Facebook

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
I... just... what...

What the crap is with society these days?

I'm too baffled to be amused at the stupidity and absurdity of it all.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
UnmotivatedSlacker said:
icyneesan said:
Im not sure what is boggling my mind more right now, this, or the story about teens getting drunk off of vodka soaked tampons.

Seriously, what the fuck is going on in the world?
Wait wait wait. Teens are doing what now? When the hell did this start?
http://www.disinfo.com/2011/04/police-warn-of-teen-vodka-tampon-use/

It pisses me off even more that Im only a few years older then these people.

Sep 14, 2009
JRCB said:
Who the hell would defend this man? HE TOOK A FUCKING HOSTAGE. Without a doubt there is nothing to defend.

And he bragged about it on Facebook? Seriously? Blimey there are a lot of idiots in the world. And yes, the people who told him where the police were should be charged, as they were aiding a criminal.

Seriously. What. The. Fuck.

while i completely agree, at the same time he didn't A) kill the hostage during the stand off B) he didn't try to kill the hostage in the end like alot of douchebags do when they have hostages

so for that i'm grateful for but still...

fucking stupid people are stupid.

Riobux

Apr 15, 2009
This is like a bad joke about the obsessions people have with Facebook and Twitter. To do live updates of a stand-off you're having with a S.W.A.T team is absolutely insane and stupid. However, I'm sure this kind of event will spark off some interesting psychological and sociological research into why some people act in this way, people who don't come-off as having an obsession with Facebook.

RelexCryo

Oct 21, 2008
He chose to threaten an innocent person with death to save himself. Why would anyone side with him? More to the point, why does he think he is going to a better place?

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
This is stupid, bizarre and cool, all at the same time.

I pictured him in my mind being injured while updating his profile and writing something stupid.

Also, he kidnapped a human being, he deserves all the weight the law can give to him.

snfonseka

Oct 13, 2010
After I read this article, following thing just came into my memory.

http://majorwhoa.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/osama-bin-laden-facebook.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d99/LochLomonder/Best%20Board%20Images/Bin_Laden_Facebook_Status.jpg

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
People are defending this man? People are idiots. If I was that girl, I'd be going through the comments of everyone defending him and making sure they know that I...shall we say, "Don't appreciate it."
Hoping he doesn't pull through. Sorry, but that's how I feel.

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
My brother told me about this. It seems kind of hard to keep hostages while updating your Facebook though

EDIT
This actually hella reminded me of Natural Born Killers. Such a great movie.

OT: He skipped court on MISDEMEANOR drug possesion charges (and a felony). That's nothing to the long list he has now.

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
The amount of illiterate people that are supporting his actions is astounding. But not surprising.

Seriously:

Campor

Jun 23, 2011
The 'hostage' in question is a bit of an odd factor. They took pictures together in the room, seemed fine, she posted that he's really a great guy after the fact, but he also stated clearly he was holding her there- Saying he planned to let her out soon before the SWAT moved in, at which point he said he wasn't letting her out and let off a few shots instead. Which was promptly followed by his capping himself in the chest.

I don't understand people. Maybe she suffered some Stockholm Syndrome while in the room? Maybe she has the mindset of his family and friends that God will protect him (even though they're Catholic and by Catholic beliefs, his attempt at suicide alone is an instant ticket to hell)? I don't get it.

Dec 14, 2008
Campor said:
I don't understand people. Maybe she suffered some Stockholm Syndrome while in the room? Maybe she has the mindset of his family and friends that God will protect him (even though they're Catholic and by Catholic beliefs, his attempt at suicide alone is an instant ticket to hell)? I don't get it.
Maybe she just stopped taking the whole situation seriously when he started posting about it on Facebook.

This is the most hilarious story I've heard about lately, a hostage situation where the hostage makes it out okay, the criminal makes a fool of himself twice by failing to commit suicide and by posting about his crime online, ultimately the only vivtim of the crime was the perputraitor.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
vansau said:
Since some of his friends were technically offering him tips via Facebook, authorities are now debating whether or not they should charge these people with Obstruction of Justice.
They shouldn't be debating: they should absolutely be charging and charging them with as much as possible. That's ridiculous. "Hey let's help my friend take and keep hostages, herp derp."

I don't have anything more to say, because it'd be under that "less-than supportive" category.