March Mayhem 2011 Is Over, Mojang Wins!

Avaloner

Oct 21, 2007
Balobo said:
Yes there is stuff to do. Stop playing in peaceful.
Ah yes nothing like ignoring an entire post just to read one sentence.

Well I'm already playing on normal anyway, but that doesn't change the fact that the fighting system is pretty useless anyway, creepers are just annoying as well as skeletons, there is no threat from them, unless its the "hiding somewhere to blow you up" creeper, every other Mob is just boring, there is no strategy involved in killing them..its a chore..and thats what the entire game in general is..its a chore.

Other than that its just an insult to big Players like Valve, Blizzard, Nintendo or Bioware that Mojang was even allowed to join the MM, why don't we include Moonpod..they got 3 games already or half of Newgrounds, we got a ton of Flashgames there, not to mention Armor games and so on and so forth, they all have finished games, but aren't listed.

Khundes

Mar 25, 2011
TheYellowCellPhone said:
All these complaints basically boil down to "MOJANG SHOULDN'T HAVE WON BECAUSE THEY HAVE ONE (questionably unfinished) GAME!"

It's still a game. And opinions win in competitions more than loyalty to a certain developer.

So, I have to ask,

My guess is that Mojang won out of nowhere and screwed many people's brackets and therefore they must prove their bracket was correct by questioning the results this much.

Just a hunch though.

Balobo

Nov 30, 2009
Avaloner said:
Balobo said:
Yes there is stuff to do. Stop playing in peaceful.
Ah yes nothing like ignoring an entire post just to read one sentence.

Well I'm already playing on normal anyway, but that doesn't change the fact that the fighting system is pretty useless anyway, creepers are just annoying as well as skeletons, there is no threat from them, unless its the "hiding somewhere to blow you up" creeper, every other Mob is just boring, there is no strategy involved in killing them..its a chore..and thats what the entire game in general is..its a chore.

Other than that its just an insult to big Players like Valve, Blizzard, Nintendo or Bioware that Mojang was even allowed to join the MM, why don't we include Moonpod..they got 3 games already or half of Newgrounds, we got a ton of Flashgames there, not to mention Armor games and so on and so forth, they all have finished games, but aren't listed.
Tell me this; are those flash games have anywhere near the cult following of Minecraft? Have they made millions of dollars?

Most of Bioware's games felt like chores to me. I guess each person has different preferences.

Mazty said:
Worst MM ever. Possibly the most obnoxious one I have seen. Let's see if this flavour of the month lasts a year. I think not.
I'm sorry that Mazty didn't get his way. 3DSMax should have won ;-;

Desert Tiger

Apr 25, 2009
Defense said:
Desert Tiger said:
UrKnightErrant said:
Yeah... this seems really lame to me. I guess this community isn't as smart about games as I'd hoped. Oh well. I guess idiots are everywhere.

It's just not appropriate for a "best developer" award to go to a dev with only one title. I mean, clearly Minecraft is one of the best games of the year, probably the last few years, but to be a really great dev you need to be able to do more than produce one great game. You need to be able to rinse and repeat a few times.

Mojang's capability as a developer still remains very much to be seen.
Developer. Of. The. Year.

What the hell have any of these other developers brought out this year?
I'm pretty sure Minecraft wasn't made in 2010.
Classic (Alpha): May 17, 2009
Beta: December 20, 2010

Upon the release of the beta, the cost increased and the trial period ended, bringing about the official "release".

Ashcrexl

May 27, 2009
ok, now that i know how this whole march mayhem thing works, next year, the prizes will be all mine.

Defense

Oct 20, 2010
Desert Tiger said:
Defense said:
Desert Tiger said:
UrKnightErrant said:
Yeah... this seems really lame to me. I guess this community isn't as smart about games as I'd hoped. Oh well. I guess idiots are everywhere.

It's just not appropriate for a "best developer" award to go to a dev with only one title. I mean, clearly Minecraft is one of the best games of the year, probably the last few years, but to be a really great dev you need to be able to do more than produce one great game. You need to be able to rinse and repeat a few times.

Upon the release of the beta, the cost increased and the trial period ended, bringing about the official "release".
A beta isn't a whole game.

And Nintendo brought out a handful of good games in 2010. Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Kirby's Epic Yarn, and Donkey Kong Country Returns are all fantastic games that got critical acclaim.

Desert Tiger

Apr 25, 2009
Defense said:
Desert Tiger said:
Defense said:
Desert Tiger said:
UrKnightErrant said:

And Nintendo brought out a handful of good games in 2010. Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Kirby's Epic Yarn, and Donkey Kong Country Returns are all fantastic games that got critical acclaim.
Not taking anything away from you bud, but apparently the majority of people on this forum don't agree with your opinion. I don't think that makes them "idiots" so much as just that - differently opinionated.

Balobo

Nov 30, 2009
Mazty said:
Balobo said:
Mazty said:
Worst MM ever. Possibly the most obnoxious one I have seen. Let's see if this flavour of the month lasts a year. I think not.
Thanks for proving my point. The fact that you think that was my argument shows that no matter what was said, you were not going to see any other way other than what you wanted to see regardless of logic and reasoning.
Wait what? I thought all those rants were made trying to prove that 3DS Max is a better game than Minecraft and, as such, should be featured in March Mayhem.

Defense

Oct 20, 2010
Desert Tiger said:
Defense said:
Desert Tiger said:
Defense said:
Desert Tiger said:
UrKnightErrant said:

Not taking anything away from you bud, but apparently the majority of people on this forum don't agree with your opinion. I don't think that makes them "idiots" so much as just that - differently opinionated.
I know what you mean, most of the people here seem to be anti-Nintendo regardless of the actual quality of their games.

Balobo

Nov 30, 2009
Mazty said:
Balobo said:
Mazty said:
Balobo said:
Mazty said:
Thanks for proving my point. The fact that you think that was my argument shows that no matter what was said, you were not going to see any other way other than what you wanted to see regardless of logic and reasoning.
Wait what? I thought all those rants were made trying to prove that 3DS Max is a better game than Minecraft and, as such, should be featured in March Mayhem.
Point proven x2
What point? I thought you hated games and only wanted to play rendering software.

Balobo

Nov 30, 2009
Mazty said:
Balobo said:
Mazty said:
Balobo said:
Mazty said:
Balobo said:
Mazty said:
Point proven x2
What point? I thought you hated games and only wanted to play rendering software.
http://www.medalofhonor.com/en_GB/stats?username=Mazty&platform=moh
Need I say more?
Point proven x3
So you're agreeing with me?

Major Cooke

Aug 11, 2009
Cheesebob said:
Bullshit. I cannot believe that pile of shit beat valve, quite possibly the best developer of 2000-2010. A developer who has done more for Pc Gaming than Mojang ever will.

Fucking hipsters.
It's not about them being better. It's about who all was currently having the most fun with the most entertaining software/devices as of recently, and since Minecraft apparently has a very high appeal rate to many, they were voted for. Mojang's been updating their product a lot so more and more people decide to try out new content like Minecraft's wolves as of recent.

Think about this for a second, had Valve not delayed Portal 2, they could have turned the tide and this would never have happened... well, either that or they would have been a lot more equal.

Balobo

Nov 30, 2009
Mazty said:
Balobo said:
Mazty said:
Balobo said:
Mazty said:
Balobo said:
Mazty said:
Balobo said:
Mazty said:
Point proven x2
http://www.medalofhonor.com/en_GB/stats?username=Mazty&platform=moh
Need I say more?
Point proven x3
So you're agreeing with me?
Please explain how you think what I said could be conceived as agreeing with you.
Medal of Honor isn't a game