March Mayhem 2011 Is Over, Mojang Wins!

jakefongloo

Aug 17, 2008
I had Blizzard vs Valve. But i did have Mojang go all the way against Valve. Certainly fucked up my bracket though. 99 is the worst number it's like how close can i get before my hopes get dashed :'(. My shit computer fucks up a bit when i get a scenic cliff in Minecraft so I'm not dling it...also I'm having WoW flashbacks.

TheFakeWaffles

Mar 30, 2011
This is just a pisstake.
Dont get me wrong, minecraft is a great game, but its a single game.
Im happy for Notch and Mojang as a company but its a disgrace that this won.

jakefongloo

Aug 17, 2008
Hero in a half shell said:
Argh, just missed making 100, had mojang lose in the first round to Nintendo, and that totally screwed me up.

Well done minecraft, its an awesome game and a unique way of creating a game, I just hope Mojang continues to make high quality games and respect their customers.
You and me both =(

Cat of Doom

Jan 6, 2011
Dam, thats 3 runner up medels for Bioware, oh well 4th time lucky. Congrats to Mojang.

CAPTCHA: draw thageth (draw the geth o_O)

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
Congrats Mojang.

So wait, they win an Advertising deal with the escapist? But to advertise Minecraft they would now HAVE to finish it within a year, to make use of that contract right? THAT'S good News!

Make em release the damn game, Editors.

Loonerinoes

Apr 9, 2009
GO MOJANG! GO MOJANG! GO MOJANG! :p

Seriously, nice of them to have made it thus far. Heck, if anyone could make the best of an advertising contract, it's an up and coming studio as opposed to one of the other three powerhouses, who already have advertising usually well-covered most of the times.

Funnily enough, this is I think now the third consecutive time that Bioware has gotten 2nd place hahah. First losing by something like 40 votes to Turbine, then to Valve and now to Mojang. Still...props for consistency are in order for that at least I guess. And even so, they'll always be my own favourite so Mojang gets this year and every dog will have his day eventually.

I actually liked Mayhem this year. Probably has to do with me not being arsed to get sucked into the forum wars and instead just reading them for my personal amusement whenever bored. Subtle work Escapist, not directly linking to the forum thread of the selected bracket you're voting on...but much appreciated. :)

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Hungry Donner said:
I certainly had a great time, I can't wait for next year :)

Fappy said:
Oh man! Obvious outcome was obvious! Underdog always wins on the Escapist... wait... damn that's kind of ironic.
Didn't Turbine win three years in a row? It's hard to have multiple wins and remain an underdog. I also wouldn't consider Valve an underdog and they won last year.
Well the whole Turbine thing was my point exactly. They were the "underdog" who won 3 times because they were always the underdog. Bioware vs Valve was actually a pretty fair fight and there really wasn't much of an underdog in that fight.

Haydyn

Mar 27, 2009
In my mind, this proves:
March Madness is a joke
People are way too obsessed with Minecraft
Bioware releasing Dragon Age II greatly hurt their chances of winning

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Hahahahaha oh wow... I got 6th place. Can I get a free renewal of the Pub Club or am I out of luck? I'm not complaining, I'm actually really surprised that I got that far.

But a big congrats to Mojang. They definitely deserved it.

slewisk4

Jan 23, 2010
no congrats, i am very disappointed in all fans of epic games that did not vote for them