Mark Hamill's Days as Arkham Asylum Joker Numbered

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Without Mark, there is no Joker, at least not outside of the written page. No one can get that crazy laugh like he can. I'm sad that he'll be done after this, but we all knew that eventually he'd call it a day. Fairwell, best Joker ever.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
I'm confuzzled... Hamill's statement is somewhat ambiguous. Does he mean he simply won't reprise his role as Joker in any possible future AA games, or will AA2 be his last appearance as the Joker in any kind of media? The latter just doesn't make sense to me, seeing how Paul Dini is neither dead nor retired and Hamill's Joker is pretty much Dini's Joker.

AMMO Kid

Jan 2, 2009
I hope the sequel is longer. It took me 6 hours to beat that game and I spend 60 bucks on it

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
Ok this sounded a lot worse in your twitter post but on reading it I understand where Mark Hamill is coming from and if Rocksteady were able to get him on board for the second game you just know that its going to be a good one, better than the first? only time will tell // I'm just hoping that if they do end it in a way that the Joker can not come back they leave it at that

No other Villain that Batman has faced can match the Joker in anyway so even if the games does make another 1/2 a billion dollars for Rocksteady they let it lye and move on to something new

-M

Kojiro ftt

Apr 1, 2009
I love the Joker, but like others have stated I fear he is often done to death and as a result there are a lot of mediocre Joker stories. I have no problem with other foes appearing. Even a new one.

DangNabbit

May 23, 2010
I'm sad at the news that this might be Hamill's last Joker, but at the same time I know he deserves to finish with it.

I think I speak for every batman fan when I say that no one, before or after, has ever or will ever top Marky boy.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
An animated Joker without Mark Hamill is like peanut butter without peanuts.

I hope he goes out with a bang in Arkham Asylum 2.

CheckD3

Dec 9, 2009
We all knew this day was coming. He's been fantastic, but we all knew he couldn't be our Joker forever...

Rocksteady just better make AA2 better than the original to honor our joker, and make his last lines one that will remain in our minds forever

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
No one will ever top Hamill's performance as the Joker and its because anyone else who plays the Joker will be attempting to mimic Hamill.(I'm speaking in terms of voice actors mind you) I would certainly hope that come Arkham 2 we see more of the Joker as a prominent figure as opposed to being the man behind the scenes directing the madness.

I need to play Arkham Asylum again...where did I put that case...

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Kalezian said:
canadamus_prime said:
That'll be a shame. As far as I'm concerned Hamill is the Joker, everyone else is a pale imitation. ...except maybe for Jack Nickleson.
Now before all you Heth Ledger fans jump down my throat, let me qualify that statement by saying that I did think Heth Ledger's performance was brilliant, magnificent even; I'd personally give him an Oscar for it if it were up to me. Wait, didn't he get an Oscar for it? I don't know. Anyway, despite that though, it just didn't feel like the Joker to me.

to be honest, Ledger's Joker didnt feel like the psychotic prankster we have had for so long, instead he just felt like another psychopathic murderer.

still a good incarnation of the Joker, mind you, but the Joker's insanity is waht to me, makes the Joker, and it will be a sad day when we no longer hear Mr. Hamill's laugh while staring at the Jokers smile:

Ooooooooooh, that laugh sends chills down my spine; and I wouldn't have it any other way.
I'm going to miss that laugh.

Styphax

Jun 3, 2009
If this is truly his final performance as the joker, then this is incredibly sad news.

Aug 25, 2009
Don't do this to me Hamill, don't take away this remnant of childhood.

Oh who am I kidding, it's not like my childhood was so totally dependent on a cartoon that Mark Hamill no longer doing the voice sends me into paroxyms of nerd rage. That would be the most hopelessly pathetic thing ever in existence.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Aw, man. That's sad, but I can understand that he doesn't want to milk the voice (or whatever). Even though he's quitting as Joker, at least he did some good work while he was the clown himself.