Marketing Effect 3

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
"This game is horribly marketed, terribly 'Balkanized' and being dumbed down to make a buck....

...I'm buying it anyway."

That was about the time I lost interest in what you're saying. If you're not willing to bite the proverbial bullet and not buy a game who's marketing/design/business practices offend you, then you're part of the problem, not the solution.

I don't have a problem with people who like a game and want to buy it. I don't have a problem with people who don't like a game/company and refuse to buy it/from them.

But I am sick to death of people who ***** about games and companies on the internet and still keep giving them money. It is just pointless and no one in the companies care. In fact, they probably like it because it gives them more press, and as the saying goes, there is no such thing as bad press.

Platypus540

May 11, 2011
This is mostly an EA thing if you ask me. EA's marketing department almost always has a couple of ideas that are just stupid and out of touch with what they're trying to sell.

YodaUnleashed

Jun 11, 2010
Coudn't agree more. I have stayed as far away from ME3 advertising as possible not because I think there's going to be any spoilers per say but because of how nauseautingly bad it all is for many of the reasons you just stated.

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
I have to agree with you its pretty sad indeed that the people who made the game barely care about it's lore. But it doesn't entirely shock me. EA has been destroying everything it touches for years. As for the marketting people, all they do these days is lie. Blatently, without fear of punishment. So there is never much point in listening to them.

The.Bard

Jan 7, 2011
Shamus Young said:
Shamus' skewering of Mass Effect 3's commercials continues ...
Is that what we call complaining about things nowadays- skewering? I saw gripes, I saw complaints, I saw a few laughably inaccurate statements about Bioware supposedly not taking the heat Valve took, and I saw a few bits of moaning about how many years constitutes the near future.

... but skewering? No, sir, you did not provide me with anything close to that.

w00tage

Feb 8, 2010
"Sure, if I pre-order at Gamestop I get gun A and if I pre-order through Origin directly I get gun B, but so what? I haven't played the game yet. I don't know which one is better or more fun to use."

And that's the way Marketing likes you. Ignorant of the realities and confused by the choices, so when they run their spreadsheets, they can put your choice in any category that makes them look good.