Mass Effect 2 Destroying Save Files on the PS3

Flying Dagger

Apr 14, 2009
Burck said:
Flying Dagger said:
Personally, I blame the reapers.
Ah yes,*finger quotes* reapers *finger quotes*.
The immortal race of senitient machines allegedly waiting in dark space.

We have dismissed that claim...
How about this one though? [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCQGQ5qBQTA] Sorry, I have nothing against PS3 owners but.... yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
There seems to be some sort of misunderstanding, I don't own a ps3.

razer17

Feb 3, 2009
I blame the evil Xbox overlords, trying to get revenge for Biowares betrayal of 360 exclusivity!

In all seriousness, this is a bad bug, they should have found this in testing.
zmanu said:
I hate to suspect victims, but... any chance the players affected by this were running 'backup' copies of the game?
Seems unlikely, since I'm pretty sure there has still been no firmware released that plays backups

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
SonicWaffle said:
Nile McMorrow said:
Flying Dagger said:
That or Shepard is trying to get out the message that he only works for the Xbox 360 and PC.
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my least favourite console on the Citadel!"
"I delete data like you on the way to real Errors!"

Jackle_666

Feb 23, 2010
BabyRaptor said:
Must suck to own a PS3 right about now. Ya'll have had more than a few kicks to the jewels lately.
Thank God for Valve

Also I'm waiting for this to turn into a fanboy war. I bet If I come back in three minutes XB360 FB's will be in full force and the PS3 FB's right back at them.

Jeronus

Nov 14, 2008
I somehow saw this coming. I knew there was going to be something wrong with this game.

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
Jackle_666 said:
BabyRaptor said:
Must suck to own a PS3 right about now. Ya'll have had more than a few kicks to the jewels lately.
Thank God for Valve

Also I'm waiting for this to turn into a fanboy war. I bet If I come back in three minutes XB360 FB's will be in full force and the PS3 FB's right back at them.
Ugh...Starting a fanboy war was NOT my intent. >.< Sorry...

Outcast107

Mar 20, 2009
PS3 player: O boy I can't wait to play ME 2
Harbinger: ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL! *Game crashes*

Nylis

May 5, 2010
This is just another PS3 problem. Red Dead Redemption for the PS3 was really buggy and crashed my PS3 all the time, while the XB360 version had no problems at all. Now before people start accusing me of being an XB360 fanboy, I own both consoles, so I'm not being biased, just stating an observation.

Eisenfaust

Two horses in a man costume
Apr 20, 2009
THE GETH ARE WINNING!!!! NOOOOO!!!!

now the tv just needs to come to life and eat everyone

Kroxile

Oct 14, 2010
And 360 people were getting mad about PS3 ME2, lol.

As for me? I'll keep on keepin on with my PC version.

Jackle_666

Feb 23, 2010
BabyRaptor said:
Jackle_666 said:
BabyRaptor said:
Thank God for Valve

Ugh...Starting a fanboy war was NOT my intent. >.< Sorry...
Oh, dude, I didn't mean that. This thing will turn on it's own no matter what you put down, I meants as more of a Ps. sort of comment

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Obviously the PS3 is a reaper itself. As if the fact that it looks like the monolith from 2001: A space Odyssey wasn't enough to scare people, now we know it's a sentient machine hell-bent on destroying all organic life!

...Actually, that probably goes for most games consoles. And double for WoW servers...

zmanu

Nov 18, 2009
razer17 said:
zmanu said:
I hate to suspect victims, but... any chance the players affected by this were running 'backup' copies of the game?
Seems unlikely, since I'm pretty sure there has still been no firmware released that plays backups
There are several solutions already, all reported to basically work. Not pointing towards them for proof since I don't approve and each has its risks anyway.

Jackle_666

Feb 23, 2010
Unfortunately as this has shown me

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-big-picture/2679-Fair-Game

you're damned if you do damned if you don't.

teutonicman

Mar 30, 2009
Nile McMorrow said:
Flying Dagger said:
That or Shepard is trying to get out the message that he only works for the Xbox 360 and PC.
I'm Commander Shepard and I delete data like you on the way to real errors.

SoopaSte123

Jul 1, 2010
Well that sucks but I think this isn't a very widespread problem. I haven't experienced any problems whatsoever with my PS3 Mass Effect 2, nor have any of my friends. Let's not get carried away like this is a smallpox outbreak. Still, sucks for the few that have problems.

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
Or maybe something like this happened:

Xbox 360 & PC
*Shepard headbutts Krogan*

PS3
ERROR DETECTED *Shepard headbutts the console instead*

Shepard. Been using headbutting to fix problems since he met Krogans.

Nylis

May 5, 2010
This might be a silly question, but is this happening only to people who downloaded the game over Playstation Network or people who bought the disc, or both?

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
The Illusive Man does not like your choices.

He's rebuilding you.

Do it right this time.