Mass Effect 2 Destroying Save Files on the PS3

murphy7801

Apr 12, 2009
I literally blame people not reading how shut down the PS3 correctly in the manual if it freezes. If you don't it can damage the hard drive and if the game continually access the hard drive which it does might be the reason why.

Ian Caronia

Jan 5, 2010
So more proof that Bioware doesn't give a shit about ports. Nice. First DA:O now this.

Bioware stated PC was where it's at, a bold preference, a while ago. Maybe once ME3 is out they should stick to the PC. DA:O on the PS3 had invisible characters, unfinished environments, and glitchy bosses. ME2 had a slew of bugs (none this bad) keeping the immersion from being complete (for the 360) such as voices cutting out, Tali Zorah's disappearing face & lazy eye, and a few other minor issues that nagged the player out of totally being Shepard. None of them were as bad as the DA:O port, though, and not even the DA:O issues weren't as bad as THIS.

Stick to PC gaming if you're not going to give a shit, Bioware. Honestly. /the opinion of a man no one at Bioware will even notice over their piles of money.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
theonlyblaze2 said:
I think this might have been purposely put in by Bioware to show that EA shouldn't be allowed to tell them what to do with one of their biggest franchises.
why would they be unhappy about putting me2 on the ps3?

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
D_987 said:
LavaLampBamboo said:
Dya think it might be a result of the ME3 engine?
No. The "Mass Effect 3 engine", from my understanding, is just a slightly upgraded version of the Unreal engine...the press really have people fooled by that statement - it's not a new engine at all - it's just a new version of Unreal...
I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be identical to the latest UDK beta.

Hmmm... Mass Effect 3 on iOS...

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
icyneesan said:
Damn. I'm sure theres a Harbinger joke som-
http://i56.tinypic.com/jtxrw2.png
ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.
Except that isn't Harbinger.

JamesCG

May 3, 2008
I really hope my 2 already completed, and 2 half completed, files never get affected. (One I romanced Miranda, One I romanced Tali, one I'm going for a solo shep, and the other was with a Liara LI.)

Seriously though. Even without the DLC, it took me around 23 hours to beat a playthrough. I will NOT be happy if I have to again. :(

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
Kroxile said:
And 360 people were getting mad about PS3 ME2, lol.

As for me? I'll keep on keepin on with my PC version.
not really, since it's more fun to share

but I guess we aren't completely free from fanboys on this site

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
Ooof, thats a kick in the balls. As someone whose had their saves lost in Fallout: New Vegas, I feel sorry for anyone who had this happen to them.

joes

Oct 15, 2010
wow, it'd be really nice if people who actually had the problem posted on here with some more details. it did freeze on me once so far, but my save file is intact. i'm bout 25 hours in.

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
murphy7801 said:
I literally blame people not reading how shut down the PS3 correctly in the manual if it freezes. If you don't it can damage the hard drive and if the game continually access the hard drive which it does might be the reason why.
I've been placing my finger over the on button (it's not really a button, more like a sensor) until it beeps and shuts down. Is that how it's done? I can't find the manual...

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
Well, that's a shame for the PS3 owners then. I think we can expect a patch sometime soon though, they wouldn't want all their work on this version to be in vain. You know, the comic and the 'new graphic version' and such.
Oddly enough, although I was tempted, I managed to avoid any blatant 'hah hah PS3 owners can suck it' mentality while reading this. I wonder if this means I've emotionally matured past that point now, so with all due respect* to the PS3 community, I hope this problem fixes itself up eventually, even though this will probably mean getting in the way of DLC releases for the game already released for the Xbox.

*[sub]'Why is it that whenever someone says 'with all due respect' they really mean 'kiss my ass?'- Ashley Williams: Mass Effect[/sub]

EDIT: I kid really, I'm not really an angry fanboy. I just couldn't resist making that Mass Effect reference.

No_Remainders

Sep 11, 2009
ME2 failing, hackers on CoD, and a definitive "fuck off" from Square Enix about the FFVII remake?

Hah, PS3 owners are having a damn hard time these days...

I doubt I'm the only one thinking they deserve it.