Mass Effect 2 Patch on PS3 Reveals New DLC

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
DustyDrB said:
danpascooch said:
Arrival of the reapers I bet! WOO!
It would be cool, no doubt, but it's not the type of thing that should be done in DLC. The Reapers finally making it to citadel space is a massive deal. Make no mistake, I will play this content no matter what, but something so big shouldn't be released as extra content that may go unnoticed by people who don't buy DLc.
Thats really true, i dont have access to XBL so if it has important save data that'll carry over im screwed

Arisato-kun

Apr 22, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
Could this be the final DLC that links Mass Effect 2 to Mass Effect 3 [http://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-3-Playstation/dp/B004FYJFNA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1298326624&sr=8-2] and heralds the "Arrival" of the Reapers?
I hope so. This is exactly the kind of DLC I was hoping for. We need to see how the galaxy responds to this. I also really want to say "I told you so." to the Council as Shepard. :D

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
Sweet, I want this sooo bad, I don't expect it until at least April because Dragin Age 2 comes out in 2 weeks.

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
JoshGod said:
What happened to all the anti dlc people?
ME2 DLC has been a mixed bag. Some have sucked quads (the new appearances aren't even that good), some have been ok (Kasumi was a bit expensive, but glad I got it, same for Overlord), but if this is even half as good as LotSB was it will be awesome. LotSB is what DLC should be. Compared to other DLCs it was as if Aphrodite descended from the heavens and landed gracefully in my lap, and brought the worlds best cheeseburger and an advance copy of ME3 just for me. That's why everyone is excited

CosmicCommander

Friendly Neighborhood Troll?
Apr 11, 2009
Maybe this DLC will compensate for the plot of the game.

**Snorts**

HAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHA

Nah... Nothing'll ever be a good enough apology for that mess.

Disembodied_Dave

The Could-Have-Been-King
Feb 5, 2009
It's obviously all about BLASTO! the first hannar specter.

It'll be about him teaming up with the most rugged elcour merc out there.

Shepard will not appear.

*Shifty eyes*

Traun

Jan 31, 2009
Instead of Lair of the Shadow Broker, Kasumi, Arrival, etc. they should have made an expansion. It would have been so good.

Lillowh

Oct 22, 2007
kajinking said:
I like this idea, I can already imagine the ending where Shepard blows up the first Reaper to arrive in Citadel space. I'd like it to be a Vorcha outpost since they'd be the ones out on the edge of normal space anyway and it'd give Bioware a nice chance to perhaps give them more of a culture and backstory.
Especially if he somehow finds the Magnum from Halo 1 and uses it to destroy the reaper in 1 shot like we all know it could XD

Alade

Ego extravaganza
Aug 10, 2008
Animyr said:
"Arrival" referes to "at the PTA meeting."
If Bioware didn't release DLCs I would probably donate the money to them anyways. All hail ze bioware overlords.

Hopefully this DLC will give us an option to kill off the second virmire survivor, because the only thing that bugged me about that choice is that I could only kill one of those two.

urahara75

Aug 21, 2010
Easton Dark said:
I hope it adds stairs to the Normandy.

That would be a great DLC.
But the Normandy already has stairs... they're just on the engineering deck *whispers*.

Forktongue said:
I have a question for all of you PS3 owners. I recently got a PS3 to expand my collections, one of the first games I played on it was Assassin's Creed 2. I like to try and complete all of the achievements (or trophies) for a game and it irked me that there were several AC2 trophies being displayed that I could only acquire by purchasing DLC. I thought that this was just a bad move by Ubisoft but now that I read this I can't help but question that. How commonplace is it for PS3 trophy lists to include trophies that can only be earned through DLC you haven't purchased?
Well... truthfully, yes. Pretty much all games from large game publishers get DLCs (in some form or another) that add to total gameplay hours these days. It's also a fact that DLCs are major auxiliary revenue generators for these publishers, so most push the developers to work on additional content shortly after, or in increasingly occassional cases, during the primary development stages of the game. It would make sense, from a development purspective, to throw anticipated trophy achievement lists into the game code at release or via patch shortly after, whether a consumer buys the DLC(s) or not.

Does it (sometimes) suck? Yeppers, especially if you lost interest or no longer have said game. Is it "the way things work" in contemporary game development? You can bet ur ass it is. :s

P.S. - An instance that really bit me in the 'nards was the Burnout Paradise deal. Certain late-game challenges that need to be completed for game "completion" are next to impossible to do with the (non-DLC bought) cars you unlock thru normal playthrough. On top of that, a good deal (I'd honestly say approx. 20%) of game achievements require you to do tasks with a certain type of DLC-obtained car. Breakin' my balls, EA... breakin' my friggin' balls... :(

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
Holy crap. I'm desperate to believe that this is going to concern the arrival of the Reapers, but that might take too much from the third game, so I'm reluctant to get my hopes up. This will probably be Ashley/Kaidan DLC.

Corpse XxX

Jan 19, 2009
Easton Dark said:
I hope it adds stairs to the Normandy.

That would be a great DLC.
hahahaahha.. You made me laugh somewhat insanely.. and i could not agree more..

The loading times to get from deck to deck are stupidly long. escpecially considering when you just gonna change deck just to hear that Miranda is again saying she has not got the time to talk..