Mass Effect 3...I think that people are overreacting

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Seriously, I think people have been watching a little too much Zero Punctuation. Bioware has set very high standards for the other two games with enjoyable gameplay and stories and I fail to see why they would decide to slam on the brakes and say "hey, let's make this one suck!" These are the same people that made the games that you know and love, but for some reason people are taking the slightest details and blowing them way out of proportion.

Yes, there is multiplayer, this doesn't throw a turd on the game as a whole, yes there are different options, not everyone has to enjoy the game the same way that you do. Yea indeed there may be a large amount of DLC out there, but frankly how much of it is superfluous? And how much of it is really just added on to make things like art books and figurines more appealing to the people that simply wanted THOSE things? Ashley actually has breasts now? There's a woman in a tank top?...really? You consider this a big deal? A big deal from the series that gave us this stuff?

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/049/2/7/Miranda_Mass_Effect_2_by_AndyCobra.jpg

http://honestcake.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/subject-zero-mass-effect-2-screenshot-character.jpg

http://www.gry-online.pl/Galeria/Html/Wiadomosci/525015.jpg

http://cdn.gamefront.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/liara-naked.jpg

http://jemym.no-ip.com/ss/me2jacob.jpg

Hell, even Thane shows off a little for the ladies.

http://images.wikia.com/masseffect/images/8/81/Thane_Character_Box.png

So...yeah, pardon me for thinking that people are overreacting and jumping off of the ship. Like I said, I think that people have watched too much Zero Punctuation, and now automatically assume that if there is a number in something's name, it will suck, or maybe they're just jumping off of the ship because Bioware had the balls to make one bad game.

Either way, I have an accurate description for what is going on here.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuinedFOREVER

And if your complaints are about the leaked script and the whatnot, I haven't looked at it, I'm not going to look at it, said script was out of date, and these leaked plot points are completely out of context. For all you know they're the works of utter genius in context, so kindly don't jump to conclusions just yet.

BTW if your problems are about origin, then I'm going to keep my mouth shut about that one, mainly because I'm not a PC gamer and have no idea what it's about.

Shavon513

Apr 5, 2010
Most Bioware fans' number one favortie thing to do: Complain.

I have been involved on the Bio Boards since 2008, and the amt of b*tching that goes on there is insane.

THat being said, I agree with your point, and can't wait to play ME3 next month :p

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I totally missed the fact that she was wearing a tank top the first time I saw the trailer. I was too busy going, "Wait! Who is she? NEW CHARACTER!!" Looking back, I guess it is odd she's wearing a tank top, but only because Shep is wearing his armor. If he had been wearing fatigues, no big deal.

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
Of course people are overreacting. The thread asking if people are still going to get ME3 is a perfect example. I never laughed so hard at people on this forum.

I Max95

Mar 23, 2009
Dansen said:
I'm annoyed with the marketing more than anything.
so, so true
i already spoiled too much stuff for myself, and that was just details on a single mission, in that mission there was the resolution to a series-wide plotline, the death of a beloved character, and one of the game's more interesting set pieces

and yet all of it was stuff Bioware willingly talked abou

i got emotional over words in a magazine detailing the final moments of the mission, i want to buy the game more now, so i guess it did it's freakin job, even if it did spoil the fun for me

oh and if you subscribe to Gameinformer, skip the ME3 article for the latest issue

on topic yes, people are overreacting, seeing gameplay i know that the worst it could do is be just as good as ME2, and as long as it has a great story (this is Bioware we're talking about), i'm just fine with that

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
Uh, what? Sorry, you lost me at Thane's sexy man cleavage.

I have faith the game will be fine. It may not be "ZOMG BEST GAME EVAAARR" or even GotY, but I'm confident it will be fun. Beautiful thing about Mass Effect is you can completely ignore characters if you want to. I spent all of ME2 pretending Miranda didn't exist, so I saw her very rarely. My reaction to Jack was VERY negative when I first saw her, but when I played the game I ended up rather liking her.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Well you perfectly illustrated one of my biggest problems with ME2 and the reason I think ME3 will probably be worse. Thank you.

Savber

Feb 17, 2011
I'm still biding my time with ME3.

If it sucks, it sucks.

I don't need to waste my time complaining about it.

It's a game. It either be great fun or not. Simple as that.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
(So many ME threads. Did I miss a memo or something?)

Encountering people who don't like things you like is an inevitable part of internet gaming forums. They will run the gamut from legitimate complaints to nitpickers to blind haters.

Posting stuff like this doesn't convince anyone, gives those same people another place to complain and makes you look like a sore fanboy. It's like watching that "leave Brittany alone" guy on youtube.

Basically, deal with it.

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
AstylahAthrys said:
Uh, what? Sorry, you lost me at Thane's sexy man cleavage.

I have faith the game will be fine. It may not be "ZOMG BEST GAME EVAAARR" or even GotY, but I'm confident it will be fun. Beautiful thing about Mass Effect is you can completely ignore characters if you want to. I spent all of ME2 pretending Miranda didn't exist, so I saw her very rarely. My reaction to Jack was VERY negative when I first saw her, but when I played the game I ended up rather liking her.
Drell man cleavage for the win! And I'm not the only one that didn't like Miranda!

And I totally agree with you. Mass Effect 3 is going to be fun. I'm hoping it will be spectacular, but as long as I get another great adventure with my femshep, then I'll be happy. Course maybe I'm just easy to please, but I find it funny how Mass Effect used to be so awesome and then every one just did a 180 and started screaming about how awful Mass Effect was. And it especially pisses me off when people use arguements similar to "Dragon Age 2 sucked! Therefore Mass Effect 3 will suck! They've lost their edge!"

And honestly, all this fake "oh my god, bioware is just pushing sex on us!" crap is pointless and stupid. To me this game is one of the best at handling sexuality (it is perfect, no, but it's a hell of a lot better than most games). I haven't seen a single image in it that's more scandulous that an R-rated action flick and I think it caters equally to men and women on the eye candy.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Shavon513 said:
Most Bioware fans' number one favortie thing to do: Complain.
Correction: Most fans of pretty much anything's number one thing to do is complain. ¬_¬

Crazedc00k

Mar 29, 2011
Simply put, Bioware has lost the benefit of the doubt when it comes to being preemptively good.

boag

Sep 13, 2010
erttheking said:
And if your complaints are about the leaked script and the whatnot, I haven't looked at it, I'm not going to look at it, said script was out of date, and these leaked plot points are completely out of context. For all you know they're the works of utter genius in context, so kindly don't jump to conclusions just yet
It wasnt a Script per see, it was game code that had character dialog in it, that was later cleaned up and posted.

And almost every little tidbit that has been put out officially from images to videos, have slowly confirmed the leaked data as true.

Now I for one am still getting the game, although I fairly aware that most of the stuff in the data leaks is probably going to have me banging my head stupidly unless there are other options in the game.

boag

Sep 13, 2010
Zhukov said:
(So many ME threads. Did I miss a memo or something?)
Well, we are getting closer and closer to release date, and aside from ME3, I dont see another AAA title that people want to talk about, its going to be a hot topic from now until about 1.5 months after its release, just like with Skyrim.

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
While I feel that a lot of people are overreacting to Mass Effect 3 information, there are some things of legitimate concern. I'm a massive fanboy of the series, but some of the things that have been said and shown by Bioware are a little concerning, and I understand some people canceling their pre-orders / waiting to buy the game because of what they've heard.

That being said, many people are freaking out a bit too much.