Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer, Ending DLC Details Leak

tmande2nd

Oct 20, 2010
Now we can all sit back and wait for ME4 to be an FPS with a single generic white male lead, who goes down one linear path, and has a shitty MP mode tacked on.

So they can pump them out yearly and ruin another series.
Way to go EA!

And they wonder why people despise their company and think they are money grubbing corporate monkeys.

Druyn

May 6, 2010
There is an entire universe out there that I have had the privilege to explore. I don't want to play as six more humans.

Fudj

May 1, 2008
So more MP stuff.......well yay!

I really wish they would announce something substantial for the single player game, i do not, and do not want to play the MP on ME3, so all this new stuff they keep announcing does nothing for the likes of me.

There is a tonne of places stuff could be added in (i'm hoping the retaking of Omega personally, that or something to do with the older races that died out before the Protheans.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
At first I was excited as initially misunderstood the article in that they would be beefing up the finale of the game (not just the ending cutscenes, but the entire final earth segment) but then realism kicked in...

Those extra maps are just gonna be for multi aren't they? :\
So yeh this is another DLC (well not that we are paying for it...except kinda...eugh this is confusing) for multi, which on 1 hand pleases me cos i actually do like me3 multi, on the other...A few "extra scenes" isn't likely to remedy what went wrong with me3s ending.
Well we will see...

Emiscary

Sep 7, 2008
Jesus Christ bananas I wish they'd drop their precious fucking dice roll based multiplayer already.

It feels like I've been waiting 4 hours to get on the log ride at a theme park, and upon reaching the end of the lineup was informed about the lovely arcade next door that takes cash. And every time I ask about that log ride, they add another machine to the fucking arcade.

MASS EFFECT IS A SINGLE PLAYER RPG FRANCHISE. SAY IT WITH ME NOW. SINGLE PLAYER.

Adding tackier guns and color coded environments to the multiplayer fixes what's wrong ME in the same way that opening fast food franchises would fix what's wrong with Iraq. (Meaning not.)

Podunk

Dec 18, 2008
"Ending DLC Details Leak" is kind of a lie, isn't it? There weren't any details at all. That was a mean way to get people to click on the headline.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
I stress again that Mass Effect 3 is not a bad game by any stretch, it's just that the ending is absolute ass. It's kind of annoying that people have said ME3 sucks just because of the ending. Yes, it's a bad ending, but don't let it soil the rest of the game. That said, this better be one impressive re-vamped ending, because again, the one we have is pretty disastrous.

As for the multiplayer content, I'm still waiting for them to do something really outrageous like bring out old races with new classes, like Quarian Sentinel or Turian Vanguard.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Waaghpowa said:
Well by the looks of it, Indoctrination is out the window. Funny, because it would have been an easy out for Bioware. Either they really intended on that shit ending, or they're massively incompetent.
I don't mean to come off as fanatical...but

it doesnt say it isnt exactally, its just still to vauge..in fact TBH this really doesnt seem like more info than when we first got the "extended cut" press relase

psicat

Feb 13, 2011
Thank god they're not changing the ending just adding additional scenes. I will definitely enjoy a 4th play-through when it comes out.

Enjoyable series, not perfect but definitely incredibly enjoyable. I can't wait for Mass Effect 4.

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
The.Bard said:
But give them a chance to prove you wrong. Wouldn't it be to your own delight if you just opened your heart and let Casey and the gang in to give it one last go?
In a way, after throwing away $60 on DA2, ME3 was Bioware's one last go for me. I'm not going to stick my head in the sand if the new ending is better, but I honestly have no faith in them anymore.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
TsunamiWombat said:
Waaghpowa said:
Well by the looks of it, Indoctrination is out the window. Funny, because it would have been an easy out for Bioware. Either they really intended on that shit ending, or they're massively incompetent.
Don't expect the Indoctrination Theorists to buy that. You ever try talking to those people? It's like a goddamn cult, and they get VERY pissy when you poke holes at them in logic. Honestly they just need an official dogma and a pontiff and I think they could make a run at legal religious status.
I don't get why people are so hostile about this somtimes

IT is somthing to hold onto at least, and people say its "untrue" every single update which I know is likley because hey....the universe is not that forgiving

but realy theres not one shred of info here about the "extended" cut that we did't know before

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Fr said:
anc[is]
The.Bard said:
But give them a chance to prove you wrong. Wouldn't it be to your own delight if you just opened your heart and let Casey and the gang in to give it one last go?
In a way, after throwing away $60 on DA2, ME3 was Bioware's one last go for me. I'm not going to stick my head in the sand if the new ending is better, but I honestly have no faith in them anymore.
I get that the ending was god awful (and it really amazes me how they could fuck up somthing so important..)

but I still don't see how it invalidates ME3...or even ME1 or ME1..I can understand why it might put somone off the series...I just think its sad that the ending overshadowed what was (I think) a worthy 3rd installment

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
GothmogII said:
Hmm, I think I actually saw the Typhoon light machine gun. In the mission were Cerebus tries to take over the Citadel, you can see it at one point in a locked room and you can get close enough that it's name and interact button comes up, but you can't pick it up, I thought there was some kind of secret to opening it, but I guess you have to wait until the DLC comes out.
I had a similar experience to what you describe, but if were both thinking of the same place then it's not that. What you saw was the Talon, which is a heavy pistol I think of Cerberus origin (more powerful than the Phalanx). The same console that you use in that corridor to open the door to the next area also unlocks the door into that other room, allowing you to go back and get the Talon, but you never see unless you go back and check.

May 28, 2009
Kalezian said:
yea, okay, I got my eye on you Bioware, that was my main complaint about the ending; not being able to see the full effect of my characters decisions after the whole war thing.

I want to see who is doing what and what the state of the galactic politic is.
Depends how they do it. I'm not too fond of the mood-killing exposition dump that Dragon Age: Origins and New Vegas did. Certainly there's closure, but it always feels forced and unnatural to me.

captain_dalan

Feb 1, 2011
Vault101 said:
Fr said:
anc[is]
The.Bard said:
I get that the ending was god awful (and it really amazes me how they could fuck up somthing so important..)

but I still don't see how it invalidates ME3...or even ME1 or ME1..I can understand why it might put somone off the series...I just think its sad that the ending overshadowed what was (I think) a worthy 3rd installment
It Makes it hard to replay 1 and 2 with any meaning (from a RPG perspective). I'm not saying replaying them is impossible, but it only makes sense from a game-mechanic point of view, i.e. shooting people. Aside from that, the character making and the choice making are totaled.

That being said, i still intend to replay DA:O, NWN1, JE or BGs, but buying or playing any future BioWare games? Maybe, but they better pull a big elephant out of their sleeve, or better yet a blue wale. After DA2 and ME3, i just don't think that this BioWare lineup has the creative potential to pull it off. It's for the same reason i don't think the extended cut will make any difference. I hope i'm wrong, i really do. If i am, i will write an official apology on their ME3 forums.

As things are though, i would not count on it. I'm somewhat glad that at least the MP crowd gets some juice out of it. I never do MP however, for me ME was always about Shepard.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
captain_dalan said:
It Makes it hard to replay 1 and 2 with any meaning (from a RPG perspective). I'm not saying replaying them is impossible, but it only makes sense from a game-mechanic point of view, i.e. shooting people. Aside from that, the character making and the choice making are totaled.
yeah, thats fair enough

I mean Ive replayed those games SO many times, and each time those choices I made, to see how everythign turned out was always a driving motivation (that and creating the perfect femshep...never did work out)

so yeah, part of that is lost when you feel like in the end it means nothing

it just botheres me that peopel hate on ME3 so much, I mean sure I hate to come of as "buthurt" but I really hoped that ME3 would smooth things over...in a way it did but

I mean DA2 was hated because it wasnt very good, ME3 mainly has its ending which blurs things a little

for the love of god though I need closure...for shepard mainly, in the end thats hwo I cared about the most

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
Well, no matter what, this will make me put the cd in the console for the first time since I beat it.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
i still have my doubts that the ending DLC will safe the game. it better proofs me wrong.
but maybe bioware will change it again because it got leaked.

HellenicWarrior

May 14, 2011
I just want the pain to stop :( Don't release anything else for Mass Effect 3 anymore, please :'( I've never been more saddened by a game in my life