Jun 17, 2009
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Say, Bioware, why don't you talk about what you've done to EDI, hmm? :mad:

http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q625/chassan1/scan0001.jpg
What the fuck.

What the fuck?!

What the fuck?!

o_o

... anyway. Multiplayer? Meh. 360 still needs a Gold sub to play online, right? Well, I can't be arsed paying for that, what with my current unemployedness.
Besides, no loyalist Geth? Do Bioware really hate Legion that much?

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
Raiyan 1.0 said:

...What on Earth did I just see?

Roganzar said:
This just makes me want ME3 more.
I'm going to have to, extremely grudgingly, allow Origin on my PC. *choking on my own bile*

Ahhh, now to choose between Krogan, Salarian, or Turian. Choices, choices.
If it makes you feel better, they nerfed the intrusiveness, quite harshly. They just haven't told anyone, because you know, EA have a reputation to uphold.

Zachery Gaskins

Mar 29, 2011
Odoylerules360 said:
It's too bad they never made any sequels to Mass Effect one.
Yeah, I miss spending hours sorting through and selling off hundreds of pointless weapon mods, finding guns in trashcans, and rolling dice to see if I hit the guy I'M POINTING THE CROSSHAIRS AT.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
This does little to placate me. Still, if it's something my brother and I can do together, that could be fun. He's pretty good at shooter games.

Zachery Gaskins

Mar 29, 2011
Raiyan 1.0 said:

So Tricia Helfer resumes her typecasting as a robotic femme fatale. What's your point here?

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
Roganzar said:
This just makes me want ME3 more.
I'm going to have to, extremely grudgingly, allow Origin on my PC. *choking on my own bile*
Aye, same... I don't trust it for a second, unless someone can confirm that it is not in fact highly intrusive. Or any of the other things people have said about it.

Roganzar said:
Ahhh, now to choose between Krogan, Salarian, or Turian. Choices, choices.
Quarian all the way. ^_^

CosmicCommander

Friendly Neighborhood Troll?
Apr 11, 2009
I'll make people a wager regarding ME3.

It's going to be awful, machismo, poorly-thought out populist bullcrap.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
Raiyan 1.0 said:

I'll let my good friend Homer Simpson explain my reaction to that image:
OT: Meh... If it's not gonna affect the single player in any way, then there's no use giving it my atten- Wait, what the crap?! At 1:13... was that soldier wielding a katana? Wh... Why? I mean, I love me a good katana, but there's a time and a place for these types of things, and Mass Effect is neither the time nor the place! Yikes. Total shift from the first game. :p

The Pinray

Jul 21, 2011
Wow, this looks excellent. :) I do hope single player hasn't lost any of it's bang with the efforts put into multiplayer, but I'll remain cautiously optimistic until I have the product in my hands.

That said, this is shaping up to be a great title. Very exciting!

Kusko25

Jan 17, 2012
Why do developers hate their customers so much?
For me the amount of advertising for the MP has made it clear that it is going to be a strong Part of the Game which usually results in reduced SP, either through lack of attention or lack of Budget.
Why are they putting so much effort into "the war" anyway when they made it pretty clear that Reaper technology is to their tech like an 70s Computer to a Smartphone.
The only way to win this is to find a weakness to the Reaper tech/design/"programming" and that is best done Solo.
And lastly the picture of EDI earlier disturbed me very much. EDI is a charming Character and needs no more Improvement then the full access to the Normandys Systems gave her. She now is the ship and a very beautiful one for that matter.
Dear Developers,
Stop trying so hard to shove Innovations down our Throats that you forget what is most important. The Game!

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
Raiyan 1.0 said:

Wait, what? How? Why?

I'm not against it in theory just... why?

Besides to be more like Cortana from Halo, of course.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Soviet Heavy said:
Actually, if it had a storyline similar to the Meet the Team videos, hell yes I would like that.
Sure, and if I had a Ferrari in the driveway I could get to work in six minutes. ;)

You can tack anything on to anything, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's going to add anything of value to the original. Mass Fortress 3 might be a blast, but does it really serve the series? I say no.

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
Wrex: Shepard.
Shepard: Wrex.
*Hands shepard a datapad*
Shepard: What's this?
Wrex: Mass Effect 3.

Though to be truthful, the multiplayer doesn't look all that bad. Okay, it won't have all the flying around, swooshy camera action, but still it doesn't look bad. Maybe they're trying to test combat ideas for an ME MMO with this? I mean they already know how one type works. *looks at KOTOR*.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
Raiyan 1.0 said:

That makes no sense whatsoever...

I mean, what's the motivation for building EDI a robot body? What tactical advantage can that provide to balance out the incredible expense it must have presented? How is being in a humanoid body better than using the Normandy as your 'body'?

And let's not forget, we're talking about a universe where everyone's terrified of AIs suddenly going rogue, so what do you do? Give your new one a body which never sleeps and hands it could easily kill you with. That'll totally make people more willing to trust her! I mean, from our point of view it's not all that 'uncanny-valley' looking because they're all CGI characters anyway, but think how absolutely terrifying that body must look to them.

Gah, I'm ranting... But what I always liked about the Mass Effect universe was how it was a futuristic, fairly utopian setting but was still grounded in pragmatic and practical ideas and didn't have illogical stuff like this.

Turtleboy1017

Likes Turtles
Nov 16, 2008
Female EDI just looks like a completed version of Starcraft 2's adjutant.

Also I thought the multiplayer looked cool. I really like games like Gears of War, where actually having more skill can equate to getting more points and kills, unlike Call of Duty or Grand Theft Auto 4.

Sampsa

May 8, 2008
JaredXE said:
Now, the question is, can I be a Hanar Spec Ops? Or an Elcor Spectre?
Hanar infiltrator would be nice. Strangling mercs in the dark alleys of Omega.