Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Trailer Goes "Special Forces"

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
Andy Chalk said:
[
I was really more talking about the fundamental shift in gameplay. Would you make an epic, 60-hour single-player RPG out of Team Fortress?
It bothers me, it really does. I just hope to God my beloved single player hasn't been compromised.
don't worry, It's being done by the same (now enlarged) team that did the ME2 sidequests and Arrival DLC, nothing's being taken away from the story. Oh and before people argue about how the funding could be better used elsewhere, they had a budget increase whenever they announced multiplayer so they could improve it, so EA and Bioware both knew they weren't getting that extra money anyway if multiplayer wasn't around.

IndianaJonny

Mysteron Display Team
Jan 6, 2011
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Say, Bioware, why don't you talk about what you've done to EDI, hmm? :mad:

http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q625/chassan1/scan0001.jpg
Great, it's the Cortana T&A treatment all over again.

JaredXE said:
Now, the question is, can I be a Hanar Spec Ops? Or an Elcor Spectre?
Enkindle this!

Canadish

Jul 15, 2010
cursedseishi said:
EDI DOESN'T NEED A FRAKKIN BODY! SHE DOESN'T NEED TO BE SEXY! WHY?!

Next thing is, guaranteed, Joker banging Edi, or Shepard is able to bang her, simply because if it has tits and lives on his ship, he/she can do it.
The leak confirms. They bang.
Mordin gives medical advice again.
Shepard walks in and is disgusted to hear the discussion.
It's actually pretty funny.

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
Raiyan 1.0 said:

Wha...wha the fuck? What...the...fuck.

What the hell is the point of givin EDI a human body except for the expressed purpose of allowin someone to bone her? What the fuck Bioware?

kyoodle

Dec 4, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Actually, if it had a storyline similar to the Meet the Team videos, hell yes I would like that.
Sure, and if I had a Ferrari in the driveway I could get to work in six minutes. ;)

You can tack anything on to anything, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's going to add anything of value to the original. Mass Fortress 3 might be a blast, but does it really serve the series? I say no.
Wouldn't it serve the series by being a blast? there's no reason why a franchise can't take a slightly different direction as it goes on so long as it's fun to play, well other than the usual 'Bioware are dumbing down/making CoD/ selling out to casual gamers' etc.

Also does that mean you wouldn't like a Ferrari in the driveway? :D

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
Raiyan 1.0 said:

Oh come on What the fucUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK DUDES! What the fuck happened to CLASS!... Wait- wait hang on never mind.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
the EDI thing: horrible
on regarding the sound the blade makes: i think it is like electric cars that emit sounds so pedestrians can hear them.
there probably is some kind of treaty that forces you to warn your enemy before you stick em with something pointy. kinda like how you can position a planet behind your fleet and your enemy will not shoot at you in fear of violating some agreement.

rcs619

Mar 26, 2011
I have no idea what you're talking about. A krogan infiltrator would be amazing. Probably OP, but amazing. lol

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Raiyan 1.0 said:

She looks like a Twi'lek.

And on the subject of multiplayer, meh. Still not that interesting to me.

violent_quiche

May 12, 2011
If ME2 carried the same quality story and breadth of RPG-style customisations (albeit cleaned up with better menus) as ME1, it would have be an awesome title with vastly improved gameplay. As noted earlier, ME1 had a superior story, but the menus were horrible and the combat was almost an afterthought. As it stood, ME2 was an excellent title with a dodgy plot and limited customisation but with fun, vastly improved combat.

Most of what I have seen of ME3 so far has focussed on the combat mechanics- the easiest things to show off- which look to have been improved yet again, but until menus and choices emerge, it is unfair to make a call about the game at large. I refused to read the spoiler dump a few months ago, but fully expect a series of major battles, a hunt for horcrux... errr pieces of deus ex machina, sprinkled with noble deaths of much loved characters and expressions of undying-love-until-I-get-on-my-next-ship-and-check-out-my-hot-first-mate to my beloved Liara/Ashley etc. It's the climax to a space opera that has been two games in the telling, so I don't expect too much by way of twists, more an opportunity to see it to bring the threads together.

tl/dr: if it's ME2 mk2, I'm ok with that. If it's ME1 with an improved ME2 combat system, better customization and a coherent overarching plot= killer.

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
While this trailer looks nice, I haven't heard many positive opinions about the MP from people who have played it. It's not bad but not good either, just mediocre.
Well, I'll reserve judgment until the release.

EDI's body on the other hand is just ridiculous. There's no reason to give her that body besides making some teens have wet dreams in order to increase sales. Just stupid fan service.
I dread the day when GLaDOS will have a body like that.

sumanoskae

Dec 7, 2007
The sky is in flames!, the seas run red with the blood of gods!, the Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer actually looks good! O_O

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
As worried as I was about the whole multiplayer thing, this looks incredible. Salarian infiltrator? Hell yes.

Oh, also:
Raiyan 1.0 said:

Fuck. That.

cursedseishi said:
This is as bad as
<spoiler=possible ME3 spoiler>Mordin getting a glittering Twilight death to rain healing magic sparkles on all of Krogans to cure the genophage, as said in the story leak.
And please tell me that's not actually happening. Curing the genophage was hinted at, and should be an option, but that is the dumbest possible way to go about it.

Freechoice

Dec 6, 2010
CosmicCommander said:
I'll make people a wager regarding ME3.

It's going to be awful, machismo, poorly-thought out populist bullcrap.
I'll see that and raise you day 1 DLC!