Mass Effect 3 PC will require Orgin

Digitaldreamer7

Sep 30, 2008
Steam asks to see my shit, origin doesn't it's a very easy concept to grasp. No hypocrisy. Ill be getting this on xbox. Even though I own the previous two on both xbox and PC.

Spacewolf

May 21, 2008
Bugger i really hate things that require online connection, at the moment i cannot connect to steam dispite having a good internet connection (collage connection) and when i asked what the problem was the fix they told me disabled offline gaming.

White-Death

Oct 31, 2011
Peuter said:
White-Death said:
I know I'm going to get in trouble for saying this, but I will pirate it or buy it legally & crack it just so I don't have to install origin.
Origin will never get onto my PC.
Never.
ever.
Period.
Also, I'm not on ANY social networking site, at all.
Same here. EA and origin can suck a big pole. This is another case of when piracy is justified. I want the game without having some superfluous platform shoved down my throat along with it.
I'm pretty certain I will be getting a 'No Origin crack',I doubt the safety of torrents.
There was already a nor origin crack for Battlefield 3,which I use, & a No steam crack for Skyrim, which I don't use, 'cos I love steam.

x-machina

Sep 14, 2010
origin is intrusive spyware so fuck that. I'll just pirate it instead.

ban me if you must, I said the "P" word

bkrockwell

Aug 4, 2009
Peuter said:
Same here. EA and origin can suck a big pole. This is another case of when piracy is justified. I want the game without having some superfluous platform shoved down my throat along with it.
If you disagree with their terms, that means you have the right to not purchase the product, it doesn't generate some magic moral justification for piracy.

If I say "I'll sell you my car but only if you agree I can sneak into your house and look around occasionally", that doesn't mean you get to take my car, that means you worry about my sanity and don't purchase the car from me.

On one hand, I don't really blame anyone for pirating EA games these days, but to pretend there's actually a moral justification for it just because you don't like what EA is doing is illogical.

Anyway, more on topic - I've been playing the series on 360, so I'll stick with my 360 Collector's Edition pre-order.

ReinWeisserRitter

Nov 15, 2011
Even speaking as someone that doesn't see piracy as a black and white issue, you're not justified in pirating the game because you don't care for this decision, in my opinion, though in that opinion the moral standing goes beyond "I don't like how they present it, so I steal it"; if I don't like how a company does business, I don't play the game at all. No title is worth playing at all costs to me, but then, I'm significantly more... I don't know, uninhibited than most people, it seems. I can quit anything cold turkey.

Sure, I've said I don't care for Mass Effect or Bioware about seven hundred times here, but if Capcom made Mega Man ZX3, I still wouldn't buy it with the way they behave now, because Capcom has been drinking from an idiot pump for about the last five years or so. I'm not so depraved that I'll come crawling to anyone who offers me my fix.

Android2137

Feb 2, 2010
*cries* Why do you do this, EA? I understand digital (don't like it, but I understand it), but why for the PHYSICAL copy?! Why do you require Origin for the PHYSICAL COPY ONE CAN PHYSICALLY HOLD IN ONE'S PHYSICAL HANDS?! WHY DO YOU NOT DO THIS FOR 360 OR PS3?! WHAT HAVE YOU GOT AGAINST COMPUTERS?! *sob sob sob*

Tayh

Apr 6, 2009
Android2137 said:
*cries* Why do you do this, EA? I understand digital (don't like it, but I understand it), but why for the PHYSICAL copy?! Why do you require Origin for the PHYSICAL COPY ONE CAN PHYSICALLY HOLD IN ONE'S PHYSICAL HANDS?! WHY DO YOU NOT DO THIS FOR 360 OR PS3?! WHAT HAVE YOU GOT AGAINST COMPUTERS?! *sob sob sob*
You realize steam has done this for almost a decade, yeah?
The pathetic hypocrisy in this thread is sad.

ezaviel

Mar 26, 2011
It annoys me when people talk about how Origin (or any othe program) does stuff "without your permission" when it is doing stuff in the terms of use. What is the terms of use you agreed to? Chopped liver? If you agree to the terms, you give permission.

Also, generally speaking, "non-personally identifiable information" means that the information is anonymized so that the source cannot be identified later by the collectors. They end up with stats info, basically demographic survey style stuff. At least, that's what the term "non-personally identifiable" means in every other legal sense I have encountered.

Helscreama

Nov 29, 2009
I (like most other people) saw this coming from a mile away. I'll be buying the Xbox version of this game.

In saying that, I do already have Origin installed (BF3). For me it's more of an inconvenience rather the "OMG SPYWARE!", I'd personally just prefer to use Steam.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Meh, w/e. I will be buying it retail for the limited edition. Couldn't care less about it being on origin.

Levethian

Nov 22, 2009
If user & critic reviews are glowing, I'll give in. Otherwise, I'll watch the cutscenes on Youtube (if it still exists).

Don't expect much from Bioware nowadays.

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
Doesn't it just require Origin for the authorization? I guess you can't uninstall it but you could probably block it after that if I understand it correctly.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Origin has yet to really negatively affect my gaming experience. I don't like it either, it just doesn't do much. I boot it for BF3, close it again after I finished playing and that's pretty much it. I doubt it'll be any different with ME3, so this doesn't affect my purchasing decision at all.

People are overreacting against Origin so much. Calm down people, it's not the devil incarnate.