Mass Effect 3 Trailer Confirms Earth is Screwed

IBlackKiteI

Mar 12, 2010
Squaseghost said:
SteelStallion said:
A few million in the first week?

Doesn't anyone else find that weird? It's a planet extermination, and all they could do in a week is a few million out of several billion?
The Combine did a way better job of being lethal.
Ahem...

SEVEN HOURS!

Although Gordon Freeman, a scientist with a cool suit messed up their plans time and time again, which makes about as much damn sense as this trailer. His main weapon is a crowbar.
But who cares about Da Freeman kicking ridiculous amounts of ass not making much sense? Hes damn cool.

But as for this...

Firstly, as has already been said tons of times how the hell could the Reapers suddenly appear out of nowhere, but rather than attacking a place which would render any galaxy-wide resistance ineffective if destroyed (The Citadel) they attack Earth.
Secondly, this trailer looks nice, but aside from that I think its garbage. The way that guy talks and what he says, you'd think Bioware are getting paid to make a really bad alien invasion movie. I know this doesn't neccessarily show actual gameplay or what is actually going to happen in game, but if the game turns out like this then thats a good series which had potential degrading into more cliche crap about
'Only one man can save us', 'Good versus evil' yadda yadda yadda...theres probably gonna be some 'ANCIENT PROPHECY' in there too by the looks of it.

But maybe I'm being too harsh, after all the game hasn't even come out yet.

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
YES! But why do i have to wait so damn long!

Atleast it give me time to finish Mass Effect 2 several times...

Jamieson 90

Mar 29, 2010
Sovvolf said:
Aliens... Coming to invade Briton?... Now just where have I heard that before :D.

All in all, I'm very excited...
I know im sure the Daily Mail will run the story "Aliens lower house prices", actually considering there stance on immigratiom I don't think they would be to happy to see real aliens lol

Mr.Squishy

Apr 14, 2009
I'm going to look on the bright side here - at least earth isn't untouchable, like it tends to be in fiction, and at least the alien invaders actually set about fucking us up instead of dicking around with whatever other nonsense. Still, as someone said, this smells a bit of a 'chosen one' kind of thing with shepard being the only one who can defeat the reapers, but by that I assume it's just meant that (s)he has more experience with them (killing sovereign, albeit with help, defeating Harbinger although he never showed up directly, killing the infant reaper, defeating their slaves (the collectors)). But of course, that's just me speculating, and to be honest, it's Bioware, they can make a chosen-one plot exciting. And I really wonder what ME3 will be like if your shepard died at the end of ME2. Another Lazarus Project? A successor? Playing as Garrus? Which reminds me, what about if your companions died in ME2? Ah, we'll find out, but sweet jesus I'm excited. They need to fucking hurry it up!

Epictank of Wintown

Jan 8, 2009
IBlackKiteI said:
Squaseghost said:
SteelStallion said:
A few million in the first week?

Doesn't anyone else find that weird? It's a planet extermination, and all they could do in a week is a few million out of several billion?
The Combine did a way better job of being lethal.
Ahem...

SEVEN HOURS!

Although Gordon Freeman, a scientist with a cool suit messed up their plans time and time again, which makes about as much damn sense as this trailer. His main weapon is a crowbar.
But who cares about Da Freeman kicking ridiculous amounts of ass not making much sense? Hes damn cool.

But as for this...

Firstly, as has already been said tons of times how the hell could the Reapers suddenly appear out of nowhere, but rather than attacking a place which would render any galaxy-wide resistance ineffective if destroyed (The Citadel) they attack Earth.
Secondly, this trailer looks nice, but aside from that I think its garbage. The way that guy talks and what he says, you'd think Bioware are getting paid to make a really bad alien invasion movie. I know this doesn't neccessarily show actual gameplay or what is actually going to happen in game, but if the game turns out like this then thats a good series which had potential degrading into more cliche crap about
'Only one man can save us', 'Good versus evil' yadda yadda yadda...theres probably gonna be some 'ANCIENT PROPHECY' in there too by the looks of it.

But maybe I'm being too harsh, after all the game hasn't even come out yet.
...you realize that the Citadel is much, much closer to the Galactic Core and much, much more heavily defended than Earth, do you not?

You also realize that Humanity has been a rather prominent thorn in the Reapers' side this whole time, what with Shepard being 'lol i ruin ur planzzzzz,' right?

Step back from your impotent rage for a moment and consider that it actually MAKES SENSE for the Reapers to hit Earth first. We're on the trailing edge of the Perseus arm, very close to "black space" out past the edge of the galaxy. Where do the Reapers come from? Oh! That's right! Black space, past the edge of the galaxy.

Also consider that we don't know, at all, the size of the Reaper fleets or how many ships and indoctrinated soldiers they have under their command. For all we know, from this trailer, they could be using the divide and conquer strategy. Hit several of the Citadel worlds all at the same time and, when the fleets protecting the Citadel are deployed to their homeworlds, punch right through the middle and retake it.

Then again, that would be asking the entirety of the internet to take a step back and think for a moment before assessing the strategy of the situation and looking at it from all sides.

This is what we know from the trailer, and I quote:

-Earth. It be fucked. Hard.
-That English guy is a BAMF.
-Big Ben needs a fixer upper.
-Reapers have lasers.

That's it. That's all.

Jaso11111

Sep 22, 2010
The Ripers have propobly lanch a full scale assault on the galaxy thats wuy you dont see any alien alies helpin ,thear of defending thear on worlds, so Shepard must seek out a greater force maybe not of this univers ;)!!

Toasty Virus

Somehow I Returned?
Dec 2, 2009
One Hit Noob said:
ME2 perfectly ended. It shouldn't continue because it's going to ruin the story... Well for me.
Leave it on the verge of a Reaper Invasion?

Yeah...great idea :p

OT: YAAY

I love Mass Effect sooo much

Also, Who's to say that Earth is the ONLY place being invaded? Maybe there a reaper detachments all around the galaxy?

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
...2011 is going to be the best year ever.

Elder Scrolls V.
Dragon Age II.
Portal 2.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
And now Mass Effect 3!

I am having such a massive nerd-gasm right now...

IBlackKiteI

Mar 12, 2010
Epictank of Wintown said:
...you realize that the Citadel is much, much closer to the Galactic Core and much, much more heavily defended than Earth, do you not?

You also realize that Humanity has been a rather prominent thorn in the Reapers' side this whole time, what with Shepard being 'lol i ruin ur planzzzzz,' right?

Step back from your impotent rage for a moment and consider that it actually MAKES SENSE for the Reapers to hit Earth first. We're on the trailing edge of the Perseus arm, very close to "black space" out past the edge of the galaxy. Where do the Reapers come from? Oh! That's right! Black space, past the edge of the galaxy.

Also consider that we don't know, at all, the size of the Reaper fleets or how many ships and indoctrinated soldiers they have under their command. For all we know, from this trailer, they could be using the divide and conquer strategy. Hit several of the Citadel worlds all at the same time and, when the fleets protecting the Citadel are deployed to their homeworlds, punch right through the middle and retake it.

Then again, that would be asking the entirety of the internet to take a step back and think for a moment before assessing the strategy of the situation and looking at it from all sides.

This is what we know from the trailer, and I quote:

-Earth. It be fucked. Hard.
-That English guy is a BAMF.
-Big Ben needs a fixer upper.
-Reapers have lasers.

That's it. That's all.
But why waste resources on such an unimportant target anyway, compared to the Citadel.
Why not just go for it and crush it as soon as possible seeing as its the most obvious and biggest threat?

You have some good points, and I admit my first criticism wasn't thought out very well anyway, my main subject of bitchery is the fact it just looks so damn typical and done to death.

They could have done anything in this trailer, but they show a place which while obviously pretty damn important has been hardly mentioned or shown in game getting blown up by barely shown metal squid monsters while whole thing is basically screaming 'Oh noes!', attempting to make the viewer 'emotionally invested' or something like that.

Its almost like when a dev makes a game with a generic character and they say, 'This is Generic Game Dude No.7348238418. Feel for him.'

T-Bone24

Dec 29, 2008
One Hit Noob said:
ME2 perfectly ended. It shouldn't continue because it's going to ruin the story... Well for me.
It ended perfectly... with a huge cliffhanger. Right.

theriddlen

Apr 6, 2010
Epic. This trailer made my day.

I just hope that RPG will not be erased completely, because when the thing to do is defending earth, it looks like a storyline made only for shooting and CoD-like action.

Also, i bet this guy will be Shep's squad member.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
Ten bucks says that the invading force forgot about Australia and are just attacking England and America.

This is how i imagine it's playing out in Australia right now as they find out this is going on.
Australian 1: Yikes, did you hear about what happened in England!?
Australian 2: Yeah...havn't hit us here though
Australian 1: Good point...are our forces gonna do anything to help?
Australian 2: ...Nah *drinks beer*
Australian 1: *also drinks beer*

OT: OMG! MASS EFFECT 3! ME WANT IT!!!!!!!

Super Jamz

Apr 16, 2009
I don't know if i should feel awed or mildly offended at the london setting.

Looks fucking awesome either way.

mageroel

Jan 25, 2010
If there is going to be a multiplayer part in it, it's probably going to be killing reapers off, as at the end of the game you'll probably have defeated most of the reapers - at least their main force - and found a way to do so in a matter of minutes... and then multiplayer is doing that a lot of times with friends. Or your squad of three could be you and two friends?

Also, EPIC! ME3 me likey.

Ymbirtt

May 3, 2009
The one think I like most about this trailer is that his English accent actually sounds like an English accent, rather than a poor impression of an English accent.