Mass Effect 3's Shepard Isn't Afraid of a Good Brawl

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Casual Shinji said:
So The Illusive Man is going to be pissed at you regardless?

I never choose for the "salvage the Collector base" ending, but wouldn't that choice make him all happy and squishy with Shepard, or is there something I'm missing?
I'm positive they'll explain it if you did save the base. Otherwise, that's a huge plot hole. Perhaps Shep's become too much trouble, or the Illusive Man wants to cover his tracks.

Mr S

Jul 13, 2010
I just hope they don't overdo it. The final installment HAS to be great.
But I'm really looking forward to it as well. :)

Compatriot Block

Jan 28, 2009
CosmicCommander said:
And so we see what was once a promising and intelligent franchise descend into populism and stupidity. All for the "awesome", of course.
Which part of the unconfirmed report indicated a descent into "populism" for you? Also, is adding in improvements that are popular bad?

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
Maybe the levels will be set up so the vanguard charge power isn't useless 3/4 of the time.

Also maybe they will make the controls responsive so I can sprint away from an enemy as opposed to trying to take cover in their crotch. I assume they will include a telepathic interface that will tell the game what I mean because I certainly couldn't, I just pressed my 1 "action" button and hoped for the best.

Apr 28, 2008
Casual Shinji said:

I never choose for the "salvage the Collector base" ending, but wouldn't that choice make him all happy and squishy with Shepard, or is there something I'm missing?
Either you destroyed the base, meaning he hates you, or you saved the base, meaning he hates you because Bioware wants him to hate you for some reason.

Wonder why though. Probably for a stupid reason.

Epslion.Bear

Feb 27, 2011
The turret will properly replace the combat drone as it sucked a little

and my shepard get to use it :D

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Casual Shinji said:

Pulling a DA2 could be an option. That would be a big retcon, though.
OP: Eh. I'm a sniper. I've never been very mobile.

LGC Pominator

Feb 11, 2009
God said:
Way to only say 360 and PS3. Let's forget about us folks who prefer our Mass Effect on the PC.
Hmm, whenever I see a game that doesn't have A PC version (which is a lot of them these days) it is all but guaranteed that someone will come along and say "WHY AREN'T WE GETTING A PC VERSION?!?!?!
It used to be a bit funny to watch people get in a twist about it, but now it is just seeming so damn prevalent that it is actually getting annoying, end of the day, PC isn't bringing in the money it used to, consoles are a sure bet, and a comparatively small portion of the console crowd gets in peoples face about things.

On topic, I am liking the sound of this a hell of a lot, sounds like gears of war crossed with ME 1 with more customisation, + some small TF2 bits + punching other people than khalisa al jilani
I like a lot, I just hope that they do bring back more of the old school elements of ME 1, but not enough to please the hardcore RPG fans, even if it is like 1 feature short of EXACTLY to their specifications, because part of the fun of this site is watching PC elitists, RPG purists and modern fps franchise haters get completely bent out of shape! :)

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Will there be Space Ducks? Can we go to Space Australia?

(Go Space Broncos!)

I'm hoping the new combat works well 'cause, I gotta say, I was pleased enough with 2's. Sounds like there are a ton of changes... hope they're good.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Sniper Team 4 said:
Casual Shinji said:

I'm positive they'll explain it if you did save the base. Otherwise, that's a huge plot hole. Perhaps Shep's become too much trouble, or the Illusive Man wants to cover his tracks.
Then Mass Effect 3 better start with Shepard running over The Illusive Man's cat, or something. I don't know why else he'd sent space ninjas after Shep since ME2 give you enough dialoge options to buddy up to him.

Unless Bioware decided to simply make him an enemy just because. So much for friends in high places, huh?

dropZero

Feb 10, 2011
Scott Bullock said:
The game will be out November 8th of this year for the 360 and PS3.
Whoa whoa whoa...wait...whoa...

Please tell me it's coming out for the PC as well... or did I just buy both ME 1 and 2 plus all the DLC on Steam for no reason?

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
While the idea of an entire class devoted to melee doesn't appeal to me personally, I would love to see the melee experience more fleshed out with all of the classes. And, of course, the idea of biotic powered melee attacks is just cool regardless.

Compatriot Block said:
CosmicCommander said:
And so we see what was once a promising and intelligent franchise descend into populism and stupidity. All for the "awesome", of course.
Which part of the unconfirmed report indicated a descent into "populism" for you? Also, is adding in improvements that are popular bad?
I'm guessing it was the part where they said it wouldn't be the exact same game as ME1.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Mysten said:
Garrus has always been one for snappy combat dialogue ("Impressive! Scoped and dropped!"), I wonder if he's going to be getting a new line to add to his repertoire for dealing with Cerberus walkers...

"Massive damage!"
Nah, he'll be saying this:

rsvp42

Jan 15, 2010
Irridium said:
Casual Shinji said:

Either you destroyed the base, meaning he hates you, or you saved the base, meaning he hates you because Bioware wants him to hate you for some reason.

Probably from indoctrination by Reaper tech. Easiest explanation without needing to make two separate ME3's, no?

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
After careful consideration, I think this image best describes how I feel.

http://boards.40cakes.com/b/src/129825055964.jpg

Seriously now, I want this game, and I want it bad

Bebus

Feb 12, 2010
All sounding wonderful so far.

Say what you like, but Bioware do take on board their community suggestions. They look to be keeping the visceral, responsive combat of the second whilst restoring some features of the first people weren't happy about losing.

As long as I can Vanguard charge an enemy, kick/bash them back and shotgun their face, I'll be a happy man.

Oh, and can we please set this straight, right now. HAVING GOOD COMBAT DOES NOT MAKE A GAME ANY LESS OF AN RPG.

Apr 28, 2008
rsvp42 said:
Irridium said:
Casual Shinji said:

Probably from indoctrination by Reaper tech. Easiest explanation without needing to make two separate ME3's, no?
Well if thats the case then it just further proves his incompetence. Everything he does ends in either the team dieing, or going rouge. The only successful operation Cerberus has preformed was rebuilding the Normandy. Everything else failed, or the team went rouge. Or a combination of the two.

Man, I really want to kill that dick.

BrunDeign

Feb 14, 2008
Does melee mean that there won't be any terribly big bosses? Because I seriously doubt Shepard will go up to a Reaper and punch it to death.