Mass Effect being blamed for Connecticut shooting.

Mrkillhappy

Sep 18, 2012
The stupidity from the facebook comments is painful. Thank you Fox news for posting a link to the wrong persons facebook page.

Aaron Sylvester

Jul 1, 2012
The criminal also visited a Taco Bell a few days before the shooting.

Taco Bell is responsible for the deaths of 18 children.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
uuuuuuuuuUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I literally struggle to fine words for how I feel about this other than I hate every single person whose mind goes "bad thing happened. Could the guy have just been mentally unstable? Nah, musta been teh damn vidya gaymes!"

Like, SERIOUSLY? Mass Effect!? Mass Effect is the game they connect out of all other easy-target scapegoats for them to grab onto? Why? Oh, because he "liked" it on facebook? Wow, great deduction skills there Sherlock... Fan-fucking-tastic.

I'm so pissed at these turn of events. Seething with rage at this complete lack of logic.

Hey idiotic sensationalists, did you know that Hitler liked to play chess? Yep, the man who committed mass murder, headed twisted experiments, and started a 2nd World War played chess like many children and adults do today, so throw away all those chess boards because they obviously lead to becoming a genocidal monster, right? Oh, wait, no?! You mean that liking one little thing doesn't determine whether someone is completely normal or an insane madman? You don't fucking say!
Ugh, sorry for the Godwin, but it's an apt comparison that works and it's all I can think of right now.

I just... I just can't...

Warachia

Aug 11, 2009
Maxtro said:
Did the shooter use biotics or something?

How is him liking Mass Effect relevant at all?
They need a scapegoat, so they make one up, regardless of how little sense the scapegoat makes.

smithy_2045

Jan 30, 2008
Pretty shit day for Ryan Lanza. If I understand it correctly, his brother steals his ID, shoots up a school, kills his parents and himself, and poor old Ryan and a game he happens to like (at least on facebook) cops the blame. It's like living through your worst nightmare.

Aug 1, 2010
[image/]http://gyazo.com/983850ed105fbaf5a4ccb23cc5deee4c.png?1355561536[/IMG]

Best response ever.

[image/]http://gyazo.com/bf2b38a5ff4894cb5c0cc0cfd5eef6b8.png?1355561786[/IMG]

Other then seeing The Hobbit, this is the most fun I've had all day...

[image/]http://gyazo.com/4da36dc24dc65bfac9ee08c2e4ea8a61.png?1355561981[/IMG]

Priceless.

[image/]http://gyazo.com/29bc68c392f041ce44007b530d8cad1c.png?1355562221[/IMG]

I agree with this man completely. illing babies is totally pat. It is truly and utterly pat.

Anyway, people on Facebook are idiots, but this is a new level.

HE (the wrong he) CLICKED LIKE ON THAT PAGE! KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!

Though to be honest, this smells like a raid to me.

Robot Number V

May 15, 2012
So when you say "Mass Effect is being blamed for the Connecticut shooting" you don't mean "Mass Effect is being etc. by any kind of respectable or legitimate source", you mean "There are some random idiots who still don't understand how videogames work."

Well excuse me while I walk across the room to retrieve my freshly blown-off socks.

PS: Somebody has made a reference to ME3's Star-Child by now, right? Please tell me I'm not the first person to think of this.

Warachia

Aug 11, 2009
TopazFusion said:
I'd like to applaud Aaron KC Masterpiece Haverty, Sam Schwartz and especially Jordan Kummer for apparently being the only people who didn't jump to the conclusion that a game was the cause of a tragic shooting because it was liked by somebody who wasn't even the killer.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
So I'm sure most of you are aware of the shooting in Connecticut that left 18 children and 7 adults dead. Well it seems now, going by this image, that Mass Effect is somehow being blamed.

Now, I just saw this image on Tumblr, so I've not got a story on how Mass Effect has come to be blamed other than the shooter being a fan of Mass Effect judging by the likes on his Facebook page. But I wanted to bring this to your attention. What are your thoughts on this?
not to say these people are right, but if you do take a screen cap like that its customary/courteous to black out the names. Im sure a large amount of these people are trolls or mis informed on the gaming spectrum, and including their names is only going to get people who defend games overzealously quicker access to their facebook and go on a rant thats only going to prove their points about these games and the community.

OT: hunh. my money was on COD:BlOps to be the scapegoat. though I think i rmember seeing something about this on a friends facebook post that was satirically hysterical. Either way though, its not going to stick. Bioware and EA are going to issue statements about condolences to the families, state their game isnt evil and doesnt encourage violence (Though <url=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/121055-Research-Finds-Negative-Effects-in-Violent-Videogames>this guy may have proven otherwise and people will through up in their faces while others will shoot it down and continue to ignore whatevers written after seeing just the title and go ham), and after the next national tragedy we'll have moved on to another scapegoat and all will be forgotten. Just sit back and ride it out. I mean, we only have 6 more days to deal with it right.

TravelerSF

Nov 13, 2012
Are you kidding me?! Cod damn it, not this again. It hurts, I'm in actual, physical pain right now...

It's so absurd I could laugh right now, were situation not so tragic on so many levels.

Warachia

Aug 11, 2009
I was curious about what the reception the actual person (Ryan Lanza) who liked the game got, from what I've found it was the exact opposite of this, he pointed out it wasn't him, that he had been working and was nowhere near the scene, and pointed out the actual shooter was dead, and people responded to this positively. At least this isn't all completely terrible (given what the actual suspect did).

theriddlen

Apr 6, 2010
I've got a question. Why is the general public FULL OF IDIOTS? I mean, where do they live, most of the people I know have at least a bit of common sense and conscious thinking ...

Oh, and there's something I don't get: how can you get so manipulated by media and believe them entirely?

I feel embarassed for humanity.