Mass Grave of Over 200 Children Found at Former Canadian Residential School

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Who do you trust more?
Most people. I mean, the catholic church has been doing the Epstein thing for millennia up through today. It's an ongoing problem with the catholic church, as referred to as the child raping part of the baby murderer child rapists.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Compared to the Catholic church? How much time you got? Because there are lots of organizations that don't molest children and cover up for the rapists.
While the Catholic Church is notorious for it, I'm not surprised really at any large and powerful organisation doing it to some extent.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
While the Catholic Church is notorious for it, I'm not surprised really at any large and powerful organisation doing it to some extent.
Sure, the Catholics don't have monopoly on horribleness. But there are still plenty of institutions that, whatever criticisms they may deserve, do not protect, aid and abet child raping predators. When you're that fucking evil, it's pretty easy to find someone even marginally more trustworthy.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Sure, the Catholics don't have monopoly on horribleness. But there are still plenty of institutions that, whatever criticisms they may deserve, do not protect, aid and abet child raping predators. When you're that fucking evil, it's pretty easy to find someone even marginally more trustworthy.
And yet, you can't name one.
Most people. I mean, the catholic church has been doing the Epstein thing for millennia up through today. It's an ongoing problem with the catholic church, as referred to as the child raping part of the baby murderer child rapists.
Most people are way worse than the Catholic Church. Who are you trusting children to? Parents, relatives, teachers, coaches, doctors? Hey guess what a lot of those people do: abuse children. Again, who do you trust more than the Catholic Church?

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
And you can't tell me why the Catholic church covers up for child rapists. But it's still a thing.
I still don't see how separating rapists from their victims and keeping records that lead to a significantly higher rate of conviction among priests than rapists in the general popular is a cover up.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
I still don't see how separating rapists from their victims and keeping records that lead to a significantly higher rate of conviction among priests than rapists in the general popular is a cover up.
Dude, I get it. You're a Catholic apologist. But apologetics has been lying to you your entire life. None of us are convinced by this hostile defense of an irretrievably corrupt organization that has brought untold amounts of death and suffering to the world since its inception. I get that you identify as Catholic, so any criticism of the church is perceived as a criticism of you personally. Unfortunately, it's kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy when you protect kiddie fiddlers that people are going to have a negative opinion of you.

So no, the church gets no points for shuffling its predators around from parish to parish.

Reactions: MrCalavera

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Most people are way worse than the Catholic Church. Who are you trusting children to? Parents, relatives, teachers, coaches, doctors? Hey guess what a lot of those people do: abuse children. Again, who do you trust more than the Catholic Church?

Parents, relatives, teachers, coaches, doctors, friends of the family, religious folk other than catholics, I think it might be easier to list who I would trust only as much as the catholic church.

I put them on the level of Epstein's friends and professional smash players. I might trust Sky Williams more than a catholic priest, at least when pedophilia becomes so undeniable that it can't be ignored he apologized. Catholics just pretend their priests aren't a bunch of child rapists.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
It's not. But it's also not something that actually happens in the Catholic Church.

And no, separating rapists from their victims... to put them in positions of power over other vulnerable children elsewhere doesn't count.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
And how did those records come to light?

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
And how did those records come to light?
Depends what you're talking about. In many instances, they were reported directly to the police. In many others, they were maintained and not reported, most often because the victim didn't want to press charges. That still sounds really bad when you're imagining like a 10 your old being raped, but you have to understand that the majority of sex crimes committed by priests, especially the ones that weren't reported, were with homosexual teenagers who did not want to be outed. So they moved the priests to elder-care facilities instead.
And no, separating rapists from their victims... to put them in positions of power over other vulnerable children elsewhere doesn't count.
To my knowledge, that sort of thing has happened a single digit number of times. Relocated priests were being relocated to places without children, for the most part.
Strangers.
In a flippant way, you're correct that strangers aren't responsible for statistically much child rape, but I don't think that says anything about the trustworthiness of strangers. Pretty sure that's just a deficiency in opportunity.
Unfortunately, it's kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy when you protect kiddie fiddlers that people are going to have a negative opinion of you.
Any reasonable amount of research into the assault of children will tell you there is no exceptional amount of pedophilia in the Catholic Church. Pedophilia is a societal problem, and Catholics are not outside of society. It just happens to be a group within society that you know about the crimes, which again makes one wonder why there's the constant accusation of cover up. If you did a report of every child molested in the public school systems, you would be devastated.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Any reasonable amount of research into the assault of children will tell you there is no exceptional amount of pedophilia in the Catholic Church.
Then it should be easy to show us your work. But we both know you won't. If you had real evidence, you would lead with it instead of apologetics. But you didn't.

If you did a report of every child molested in the public school systems, you would be devastated.
I suppose you expect me to take this one on faith too because you haven't offered a shred of evidence that public school systemically protect and cover for child rapists. I suppose you could point to Gym Jordan, but that doesn't establish a pattern the way the Catholic church did.

In a flippant way, you're correct that strangers aren't responsible for statistically much child rape, but I don't think that says anything about the trustworthiness of strangers. Pretty sure that's just a deficiency in opportunity.
You think that everyone is that inherently evil? Yeah, you're Catholic alright.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Then it should be easy to show us your work. But we both know you won't. If you had real evidence, you would lead with it instead of apologetics. But you didn't.

I suppose you expect me to take this one on faith too because you haven't offered a shred of evidence that public school systemically protect and cover for child rapists. I suppose you could point to Gym Jordan, but that doesn't establish a pattern the way the Catholic church did.

Sure, I'll source a claim. I'm not entirely sure you've figured out how to paste links, since I don't think I've ever seen you source an argument.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA

Sure, I'll source a claim. I'm not entirely sure you've figured out how to paste links, since I don't think I've ever seen you source an argument.
Congratulations on finally sourcing a claim. Too bad it's not the one central to your argument that the Catholic church has never systemically protected child molesters. Tragic though this news is, it does not absolve the church of guilt.