Mass: We Pray: A Holy Hoax or Just a Really Bad Game?

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Yeah it's a joke.
I laughed, though! Especially when transubstantiation came up!
If it upsets anyone, it'll be Catholics. Most everything presented there was of Catholic tradition, which is why I agree with Malygris that this is probably a Dante's inferno viral video. Which is unfortunate, since I hate the way they have butchered the source material with that game.

Funny video, though.

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
Mass: Wii Pray (rated RP for Resurrection Pending)
fixed

messy said:
Yeah pretty sure it's hoax.

I'd like to see the extremist cliche deep south American Christian Version
Realistic snake controller twists and turns on its own in 3 dimensions, and will bite non-believers! OUCH, that's a painful looking bite Sally! Better hit that kneeler and grind up some more pews! If it's a video game, shouldn't it be pew-pew-pews?

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
Monkfish Acc. said:
[small](Seriously, if this turns out to be real, I am going to go out slap the first Christian I see and he or she will have no idea why)[/small]
They'll just say "God works in mysterious ways" and go about their business. Make sure you wait ten minutes and slap them again.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
300lb. Samoan said:
Monkfish Acc. said:
[small](Seriously, if this turns out to be real, I am going to go out slap the first Christian I see and he or she will have no idea why)[/small]
They'll just say "God works in mysterious ways" and go about their business. Make sure you wait ten minutes and slap them again.
Really mysterious ways in that case.

Daxus13

Nov 14, 2009
Some strong Catholic undercurrents there, incense burning, apparent church layout etc...

More than likely a hoax or promotional stunt, however these days anything is possible.

stonethered

Mar 3, 2009
This is a hoax. No one in their right of mind would try to make a releigous video game that was both a decent video game and actually religous.
My only question is, 'which of the seven deadly sins is this?'
sloth maybe?

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
Well for one thing, this is decidedly Catholic, not Christian (and yes, there is a rather large difference, mostly in the areas of rules and traditions, and a few core beliefs). Secondly, it would actually be quite blasphemous: a transubstantiation game? That would just not be okay. It had better be a joke, which I'm pretty sure it is.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
stonethered said:
This is a hoax. No one in their right of mind would try to make a releigous video game that was both a decent video game and actually religous.
My only question is, 'which of the seven deadly sins is this?'
sloth maybe?
I would have gone with Pride, personally.

Eatbrainz

Mar 2, 2009
No gamer with their brain in their head and not in their fridge could tell you that any bible based game EVER created has sucked....APART from Dante's Inferno, of course.

Saul B

Feb 9, 2009
Hoax. The company making it isn't even real. Seriously, search "works interactive" and nothing comes up, only a web hosting site and other tat.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
I hope this is a hoax. This is the worst idea for a game since Interactive Baby Murder 2: More Baby Murder.