Mass: We Pray: A Holy Hoax or Just a Really Bad Game?

nicholaxxx

Jun 30, 2009
Cousin_IT said:
hmm...mass we pray is an anagram of sperms away...new Leisuresuit Larry game?

o_O how long did it take you to figure out that anagram? I'm being genuine...what the deuce?

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
The peripherals are clue enough for the hoax. I could see a game like this coming out, but the peripherals just make it silly. Besides, I think most religios people would say this though better than GTA, wont actually get you any real points with God. (A NPC is not a licensed minister)

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
I can understand thinking this is stupid, but why the hate on religeon...? It's not like WE came up with this.. >_>;

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
nicholaxxx said:
Cousin_IT said:
hmm...mass we pray is an anagram of sperms away...new Leisuresuit Larry game?

o_O how long did it take you to figure out that anagram? I'm being genuine...what the deuce?
Some people have a natural gift for sussing out anagrams.

I am not one such person, sadly. My mother is though.

Vidiot

May 23, 2008
You want to see something hilarious? Go to bestchurchofgod.org for some awesome parody.

Travdelosmuertos

Apr 16, 2009
Macksheath said:
This is the Churchs last, desperate move to keep up with the times. Then they begin the brainwashing and fight a holy war with Islam, destroying both and much of civilization as we know it.
And I'm looking for the negative side to this...

randommaster said:
I guess this gives a whole new meaning to the name Mass Effect.
This is the first thing I thought of!

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Dark Templar said:
feather240 said:
Why can't someone make a game based off of the Bible instead of just church ceremonies? You could be the angel of death and kill all the firstborns in Egypt. Each area requires you to kill a certain amount of babies in a certain amount of time and than you can move on to the next room.
An old testament style game were you control an angel of death?

See, christianity has soo much potential for cool stuff like that. But we are stuck with crap like this....

Yeah... we have as much blood as the Norse mythology. At least in the Old Testament. Man, can you imagine it? You have to aim with fireballs to kill everyone in Sodoma and Gomora, or fight with the Super Goliath as a David. Or yeah, something about the Apocalypse.

Eatbrainz said:
No gamer with their brain in their head and not in their fridge could tell you that any bible based game EVER created has sucked....APART from Dante's Inferno, of course.
Wut. Dante's Inferno isn't Bible-based. It's based on Dante's Divine Comedy, few hundreds... or thousands of years AFTER the Old Testament. Unless you also consider Painkiller a Bible-based game, because we kill in the name of God. Or Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor, because

the protagonist is the incarnation of Abel, and the antagonist is the incarnation of Kain, who was cursed by God to forever wander the Earth until he realises his sin of killing his brother.
We also get to fight with the Fallen Morning Star, Lucifer, as always in the Megami Tensei games. Don't forget that there are tons of Biblical Angels in Persona 3, 4 and other games as well.

probunk

Nov 12, 2009
Oh come on. That absolutely must be a hoax.

Also, what other religious games were there? I can only remember Left Behind, the passably-average RTS. Enlighten me.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
I thought they already did the circle for Blasphemy for Dante's Inferno... wait did they?

:edit: Circle 7 Violence, Murder, Suicide, Blasphemy, Sodomy, Usury (Hah no they haven't! lol good call Andy XD )

Takoto

Mar 25, 2009
Somethings telling me this might not be a hoax...

I prey it isn't. Err, no pun (if you can call it that) intended.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Speaking as a Christian, I can honestly say I hold nothing towards this. I hope it is fake, because if it were real it would be ridiculously hipocritical and blasphemous beyond belief. I would ask those of you who feel a detachment from the church not to hold all churches accountable for this. I agree it is crap like this that only destroys a person's faith, and it does not belong. God asks us to keep our faith in him every day, but that we only need keep one day a week holy. That's all I have to say about that.

G1eet

Mar 25, 2009
Maybe some super devout gamers decided to stop watching public access channels every Sunday from their windowless basements & create this.

Holy procession, genuflecting, and many more.
What, no killing of heathens?

hippykiller

Dec 28, 2008
oh wow a video game that makes fun of the Roman Catholic Church, real fucking cleaver in this day in age. just fucking wow.

Crunchy English

Victim of a Savage Neck-bearding
Aug 20, 2008
This would be a pretty big fail as a Dante's ad, but then, they've been about half and half anyway.

I suggest instead that it in fact, TWO parodies. Religion as one target, the Wii as another.

SantoUno

Aug 13, 2009
*facepalm* I wish I had the picture.

I think my brain just exploded from the sheer retardedness of the video.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Tis a phony, plain and simple. If it was real, there would be black avatars.

stonethered said:
This is a hoax. No one in their right of mind would try to make a releigous video game that was both a decent video game and actually religous.
My only question is, 'which of the seven deadly sins is this?'
sloth maybe?
I'd go with Avarice, if it is for Dante. How better to show greed than rampant capitalization?