McDonald's Attacked For "Horrifying" Marvel Happy Meals

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
I seen some bad toys, some REALLY suggestive crap, but these?

1. The designs are for the most part not even close to the movie character designs (outside of the ones that were already loyal to the source material).

2. They are colorful and and squishy and look perfectly kid friendly.

3. Why did nobody complain when there was about 12 thousand Marvel Cartoons in the 90s? Why these toys?

DktrAgonizer

Jun 7, 2010
Wolfram01 said:
Whaaaat? That's "we-todd-did".

Unbelieveable.

Not to mention, it's the toys that should drive people away from McDonalds??? Not the excessive fat and sodium in the food???? Idiots!
Well, to be fair, the food doesn't fight crime. That means it's good for kids to consume! :p

Andaxay

Thinking with Portals
Jun 4, 2008
Ridiculous. It's going to get to the point where they're "protecting" children so much, that they won't know what's hit them when they grow up and encounter the real world.

... Seriously?!

Cyrax987

Aug 3, 2009
Seriously? I mean they are really complaining about something so stupid as superhero toys?

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
Someone needs a good punch in the face. And by "Someone", I mean the CCFC. Not only is this logic completely idiotic, it makes no sense.

Drexlor

Feb 23, 2010
Many of those characters have been around since the 60's, if they caused violent behavior I think we would have noticed by now. And how dare they give children people to look up to.

HigherTomorrow

Jan 24, 2010
Oh no, those damned costumed superheroes! They ruined my life! All that time spent idolizing Spider-Man, Super Man, Green Lantern, The Hulk, Batman, all of those terrible people! I mean, they inspired me to strive to be good and to help other people, and we can't have that, now can we? I entirely agree with the CFCC's decision to censor plastic toys! Think of the children!

Chewster

It's yer man Chewy here!
Apr 24, 2008
They really ought to be more upset at how their commercials target children and intend to make them customers for life.

ThreeKneeNick

Aug 4, 2009
I was thinking about a different problem, that the toys themselves are not so much toys so much as advertisements for a massive intellectual property and entertainment industry... Kind of like getting a free T-shirt that says Coca Cola on it, there's nothing wrong with it but it sort of turns you into a walking advertisement if you wear it. So are they just toys, or are they tools that are used to "groom" the kids into becoming consumers of that particular industry when they are old enough?

I absolutely don't think violence is the issue, but it is a tricky subject, i have to say.

daskat

Nov 4, 2009
*sarcastic mode: on*
I can not agree more with CCFC. I'm so outraged with this news that i feel compelled to feel more outraged about it. No only that guy on fire is horrible, but also the other guy with a skin condition that make him look like some kind of rock guy thing. By seen this abominations i feel so violent that i could go smash some bros in a braw. Think about the poor kids with their empty blank weak minds and soulless bodies that can take almost every piece of trash that goes around them as a role model. I didn't want to go to these extreme but i bet that Stalin dude that kill so many innocent Indians to stop them from becoming free from the kingdom of Spain (thats a name of a country that isn't child friendly by the way... s pain, do you get it? huh) probably was reading all that marvel violent material when he was a child.
So Friends lets grabs our pitchforks and torches and lets start burning those violent evil comics, also while we are at it i think i spot a couple witches we could also purified with fire.
*sarcastic mode: off*

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Yes, because toys of superheroes will usher in the anti-christ and turn your children into cannibalistic sex offenders who kick puppies and worship Adolf Hitler as a god.

This is just too stupid for humanity. This is so damn dumb it had to come from something that wasn't human.

The Arc of Eden

Jun 7, 2010
Did someone forget to tell them that those characters have been around since before they were born. Another facepalm for America's lack of common sense.

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
Now i dont like MCDonalds ( i think the food is gross) but these people are insane. Thats all i can say about them. I would normaly rant about how crazy these people are but there is no point

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
0_O

I....I don't even.

In fact, What is this I don't even.

....just........just no. This is ridiculous

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Where were these guys when they were making toys of 18 cert films like Alien, Robocop and The Terminator?

Anyway, I don't agree with toys given away with meals to help sell crappy junkfood, but they don't do themselves any favours when they act like the immature 8 years-olds they're supposed to be representing.