McDonald's Attacked For "Horrifying" Marvel Happy Meals

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
That's like saying a kitchen knife will get you addicted to horror movies. They can't get addicted to movies unless they watch them. And even then they can't. I watched movies for all ages ever since I was 5 years old and I turned out alright.

And violent PG13 movies? Really, really?

Denying kids to watch superhero movies and cartoons is not right.

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
The Campaign for a...seriously? So these people's goal in life is to make sure children have as boring a childhood as possible?

joshthor

Aug 18, 2009
this is so stupid. when i was a kid they gave super hero action figures sometimes. another note: many of those super heroes look nothing like they do in the movies. just in the comic books.

ArmorArmadillo

Mar 31, 2010
I absolutely guarantee that if the toys were American soldiers with real weapons than they would have no problem with it.

Dec 24, 2008
Really? Really!? REALY!?@?!?!?!?!?!?!?>32qmtkegl4gjky3t

My goodness, I hate things like this. It just grinds my gears when one silly group of people tries to tell another group that they're wrong&horrible, especially when it is in regards to something as miniscule as HAPPY MEAL TOYS! Do they REALLY have nothing better to do!?
Well don't get me wrong, McDonalds is a giant corporation, and is therefore evil in my eyes, but of aaall the things they wanted to harass them about, they picked thissss?? **facepalm** I'm a little embarrassed for them.
And besides, Marvel is great! How evil and narrow-minded do you have to be to want to deprive someone of something so great? Heck I think I read/watched more Marvel when I was little than I do now. Just...just UGH!!!!!

Sorry for the rant♥

blarghblarghhhhh

Mar 16, 2010
I dont think its the action figures that really pissed them off as much as it is the fact that they are selling toys to four year olds that are advertisements for a pg13 movie. I can see there point. i think its dumb but I can see it.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
ArmorArmadillo said:
I absolutely guarantee that if the toys were American soldiers with real weapons than they would have no problem with it.
possibly, might get them addicted to war though.

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
Apparently, the CCFC thinks this will send pre-schoolers into a violent rage.
PRE-SCHOOLER? REALLY? most pre-schooler won't even know where they come from or what 'it's clobberin time' even means. kids are fickle, they'll be interested in the toys for about half an hour, get bored and do something else leaving the toy to gather dust at the bottom of a drawer

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
Anybody else got a massive headdache after considering how stupid it is that the CCFC is attacking McD not for being the single most recognizable and commercialized eating establishment in the world, but for featuring superhero figures in their happy meal to promote a movie that most children will want to see anyway?
Oh yeah, and them pg-13 films are corruptin' the youth. Back in my day we had none of that, what has the world come to, violence in the streets, etc. etc...

Bluesclues

Dec 18, 2009
arc1991 said:
Bluesclues said:
Stone Wera said:
arc1991 said:
Stone Wera said:
I swear this is going to become most commented...
Agree'd, bring on the 20 pages of furry!
I hope you mean fury.
Also, since when does agreed have an apostrophe? =P

OT: This lowers my perception of my country by -20 points...
I was typing fast =( leave me alone ='(

hehe

Lol I'm sorry! I don't mean to poke fun, haha =D

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
just another way authority is taking away individual responsibility by blaming a persons actions on some percieved influence. I should really stop being surprised by these things. next thier going to tell us that the reason's serial killers kill people is because of cosmic radiation, i mean fucking seriously, get over yourselves. if the kids watch the movies it will be because they like the movies, not because they like a cheap cheezy action figure based on characters in that movie.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
...They are toys? There has always been toys...why is it such a big bother?!

olfelix

May 14, 2010
One look around my sons' room from these folks and I guess I'd be in jail for child abuse. Nothing but Jedi, guys in metal suits and giant talking robots.

I can only image what their kids are like.

Apr 29, 2010
I bet if their parents knew what they were doing now, they'd say to themselves, "I knew we should have used protection."

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
To whatever uptight group or groups that are mindlessly bitching about the Marvel toys: please, and I mean this as respectfully as possible... shut up. Mcdonalds and other fast-food places have been doing this for years... and I don't seem to remember these groups complaining about Disney, Pokemon, or Avatar toys.

Many of us live in a commercial society... get used to it.