ME3 Multiplayer: I finally had to rage at someone

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Freechoice said:
Kevlar Eater said:
we had to hack a server and 'hold the line'

He'd be proud.
Grrr...I was so frustrated yesterday. I finally unlocked the skin tone customization for my Salarian Engineer. I wanted to make him look like Kirrahe, so I selected the green color. But instead of making his face green, it made it just made it into a slightly different shade of red and yellow. The skin tone changer sucks. It just makes it so you're looking at the same color face through a very slight filter of whatever color you choose.

/petty gripe

Marcus Kehoe

Mar 18, 2011
Luckily it's easy to mute

I personally never talk in this game unless with friend's.

If you are the only person with a mike, turn it off, we dislike you. Because it's never te one good player with the mike it's the guy who is yelling at his kid's or the kid talking to his mom. It's annoying stop it.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Andy Shandy said:
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why I try and play multiplayer with friends whenever possible. I think I would've had pretty much had the exact same reaction. And I assume you were playing as an Asari Adept, if so then, good choice, I love playing as them.
word bro

actually, this aplys to MMOs as well.

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
Lunar Templar said:
Andy Shandy said:
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why I try and play multiplayer with friends whenever possible. I think I would've had pretty much had the exact same reaction. And I assume you were playing as an Asari Adept, if so then, good choice, I love playing as them.
word bro

Yeah, it would be nice if our team had a consistent fourth. Our fourth is MIA more often than not. :(

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Aris Khandr said:
Lunar Templar said:
Andy Shandy said:
word bro

Yeah, it would be nice if our team had a consistent fourth. Our fourth is MIA more often than not. :(
you tell them to do something about Origin, or provide a suitable bribe, and you have a fourth :p

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Aris Khandr said:
Lunar Templar said:
Andy Shandy said:
word bro

Lunar Templar said:
Aris Khandr said:
Lunar Templar said:
Andy Shandy said:
word bro

you tell them to do something about Origin, or provide a suitable bribe, and you have a fourth :p
EDIT: This be where my statement belongs, not up in the quote. xP

It's the only sure-fire way to avoid catching a bad case of GARS. As I had been discussing with Guppy, I'm pretty laid-back when it really comes down to it. But after a teammate goes down for the 10th time by doing the exact same thing that killed them the first 9 times, even the most patient of players will start to feel exasperated.

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
Yeah, that's why I'm giving Templar up there a hard time. Well, not too hard, but it's fun to pick at him. He's our fourth most of the time (notably Space Marine), but he caught the "Nuuuuuuu, Origin is teh debil!!!!" viris. :p Also never bothered to finish ME1, much less 2. So not really an option for our fourth in 3, not that it stops me from poking.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
RJ 17 said:
It's the only sure-fire way to avoid catching a bad case of GARS. As I had been discussing with Guppy, I'm pretty laid-back when it really comes down to it. But after a teammate goes down for the 10th time by doing the exact same thing that killed them the first 9 times, even the most patient of players will start to feel exasperated.
;) allow me to explain,
Aris has been on me awhile to get ME3 so 'our chapter' from Space Marines multilayer would be complete in ME3, the problem is solely Origin at this point, i hate it and they know it. hence the 'suitable bribe' line

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Lunar Templar said:
RJ 17 said:
;) allow me to explain,
Aris has been on me awhile to get ME3 so 'our chapter' from Space Marines multilayer would be complete in ME3, the problem is solely Origin at this point, i hate it and they know it. hence the 'suitable bribe' line
Indeed, I was just pointing out that having a full team of friends is the only way to avoid getting a case of Green Arrow Rage Syndrome (GARS, as described in my first response to this topic on page 1).

I understand your misgivings towards Origin, but your friends need you! Otherwise they'll keep suffering under that maddening disease that has been one of the leading causes of broken controllers and game discs broken in half.

:p Seriously, I was playing ME 3 multiplayer with a bunch of randoms while I was in party chat speaking with some friends. One of them went from Gotham Imposters to playing MW3 with another friend. Literally within the first 5 minutes of him playing MW3 he was already raging due to getting shot in the back over and over while there were green arrows right behind him. So I pointed out the very wise lesson of "If you see green arrows behind you on your minimap, you're probably about to get shot." According to him, right after I said this he turned around and sure enough he got the drop on an enemy that was coming up behind him for a knife kill.

boag

Sep 13, 2010
Sometimes i wish i had not promoted my characters, it now takes me around 45 minutes to join a match because everyone starts kicking me for being a lvl 400+

Ill join in silver and Gold and Occasionally do a bronze when I just promoted a character back to lvl 1.

Also if people see me stay in one spot and completely outscore them by 10k, why the hell wont they re inforce my position and get kills?

There are several easy spots in the maps that will ensure enemies will spawn at certain points and funnel them into a kill zone, yet most of the random players I encounter seem eager to go Full Krogan and run around the map alone.

A particular incident where this became hilarious was in a silver match agaisnt get in Glacier base.

there is a certain spot where a well placed decoy will lure the get into an insta kill grab zone, and all you have to do is keep grabbing until the match is over.

I Ended up doing around 53 grab kills in this certain match, but no matter how many I did, a certain sniper would wander out of the kill zone we set up and get his ass killed in every round, after the 4th wave we just gave up on rezing him, and he took notice on the 9th one and just let himself get killed even when the extraction came up.

Ended kicking the guy.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
RJ 17 said:
I understand your misgivings towards Origin, but your friends need you! Otherwise they'll keep suffering under that maddening disease that has been one of the leading causes of broken controllers and game discs broken in half.
if i do get bribed into ME3 my friends would literally be the only reason it gets play
Aris Khandr said:
Also never bothered to finish ME1, much less 2.
since these right here are true facts (and i have both)

Samantha Burt

Jan 30, 2012
I also have a DNR list for time where some idiot things it's okay to try and headbutt an atlas when he has a perfectly assault rifle.

Swyftstar

May 19, 2011
It's a shame because a Krogan Sentinel that's specced to melee can one shot almost anything other than a heavy enemy. That includes guys like Maurader Reapers and Sentinel Cererbus'. If you play smart you can be invaluable to thinning out a herd of multiple enemies. All you have to do is stick with the group and when the group encounters a large group of enemies, go to work. But because you have clueless people who run off with no backup people see a Krogan and think, here we go.
Also, unless you are playing with friends or are on gold, turn your mic off, no good can come of having it on.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
boag said:
Sometimes i wish i had not promoted my characters, it now takes me around 45 minutes to join a match because everyone starts kicking me for being a lvl 400+

Ill join in silver and Gold and Occasionally do a bronze when I just promoted a character back to lvl 1.

Also if people see me stay in one spot and completely outscore them by 10k, why the hell wont they re inforce my position and get kills?

There are several easy spots in the maps that will ensure enemies will spawn at certain points and funnel them into a kill zone, yet most of the random players I encounter seem eager to go Full Krogan and run around the map alone.

A particular incident where this became hilarious was in a silver match agaisnt get in Glacier base.

there is a certain spot where a well placed decoy will lure the get into an insta kill grab zone, and all you have to do is keep grabbing until the match is over.

I Ended up doing around 53 grab kills in this certain match, but no matter how many I did, a certain sniper would wander out of the kill zone we set up and get his ass killed in every round, after the 4th wave we just gave up on rezing him, and he took notice on the 9th one and just let himself get killed even when the extraction came up.

Ended kicking the guy.
:p yeah, I haven't "prestiged" any of my classes yet, and I certainly don't intend on doing so to my preferred classes (engineer and infiltrator). But I'll probably finish up my soldiers (currently lvl 17) and send them off to the single player, might do the same for vanguard and adept. The only reason I'd play either of those classes would be to have stasis as an Asari.......but the frickin' asari's dodge consumes her barrier! That's just lame, so I gave up on Stasis and decided to focus on frost blasts instead with my quarian engineer. I haven't even tried the Sentinels yet...from what I've heard they're really nothing to get a boner for. :p

NotSoLoneWanderer

Jul 5, 2011
Take comfort in the fact that that guy just sucked and you'll likely never play with him again. I routinely solo as a krogan and run back to my team when they need help. Love flanking enemies. With my set up it's like having two front lines.

Heracles

Jul 14, 2009
I get this, but I don't really rage at anyone unless they're really really bad, mostly because i often feel like I'm the one holding the team back, and everyone fucks up every once in a while. So basically whenever I play I almost always try and rez anyone who goes down, as long as it's safe-ish, so that even if I fuck up, at least I'm that guy who will get you back up at all costs. I'm usually a Turian sentinel, so i can tank most damage and get someone up before my shields pop :p