Sep 25, 2010
boag said:
Kalezian said:
Salarian Engineer

sniper

Black Widow
Why do people do this?

Seriously? Why?

I know the Widow is a cool weapon and all, but why put it on an Engie or Adept or character that requires fast cool downs to use his skills to the max?
THIS.

Mine carries an SMG only. Never need more.

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
This is one of the reasons I consider to be extremely valid excuses for not wanting to be forced to play the multiplayer portion while doing the single player campaign.

Once again, I think I can forensically reconstruct the reasonings of, say, the publisher or the marketing department, but I just completely fail to see the gain for me, the consumer, the gamer, the client. It's a burden having to put up with folks and people who will, inevitably, ruin your 'experience'.

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
Swyftstar said:
boag said:
Sometimes i wish i had not promoted my characters, it now takes me around 45 minutes to join a match because everyone starts kicking me for being a lvl 400+
This happens to me too, what's the deal with that?
If you have high N7 level people on your team, more difficult enemies spawn more frequently. The opposite is true if you have low N7 level people on your team.

Or at least that's my understanding. I personally don't mind high level people though - they tend to have an idea of what they're doing.

Swyftstar

May 19, 2011
Zen Toombs said:
Swyftstar said:
boag said:
Sometimes i wish i had not promoted my characters, it now takes me around 45 minutes to join a match because everyone starts kicking me for being a lvl 400+
This happens to me too, what's the deal with that?
If you have high N7 level people on your team, more difficult enemies spawn more frequently. The opposite is true if you have low N7 level people on your team.

Or at least that's my understanding. I personally don't mind high level people though - they tend to have an idea of what they're doing.
Really? Haha, I didn't know that. No wonder we tend to get a metric fuckton of Brutes and Banshees whenever we get Reapers. One friend and I are both over 400 and the others are all around 300. Extraction and upload waves are mess. I keep my rockets for those waves only.

ChickNaney

May 6, 2009
A friend of mine got into a game with 2 decent enough people and an idiot on Silver Reapers. It was quite a fun story to hear. It was all going good, with the idiot going down every 10 seconds and the other 2 just doing their thing. When the extraction came, my friend sat on the other side of the map when everyone else was sitting in the extraction circle. When the timer hit 30 seconds left, he ran to the circle, past all the enemies. Everyone else was down and out, he didn't revive a single one, got extracted, and won the game for them all. The two that were decent players both sent him, "thanks, that was awesome" messages while the idiot sent him hate mail for not reviving him. He even tried to kick my friend. It was hilarious because the two other people decided to kick the idiot. Good times.

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
Just thinking: is it wrong to want to be angry at the one bad egg in a team that's getting others killed for their incompetence? It's one thing if they're experimenting with weapons, as long as their doing it on bronze, I can forgive them, because I have done some mixing and matching of effective weapon sets myself. It's semi-forgivable if they are new to silver with a low N7 level. But when playing on silver/gold with an N7 level of 50+, I expect everyone in the lobby to know they can't simply do their own thing and not expect to get killed. Insult the players who are carrying the bad egg...

Apparently, any expectation is too high, no matter how simple. So, yeah, I should try to make some friends that play this game regularly, but I suck at that.

Ddgafd

Jul 11, 2009
I haven't had a bad experience playing multi at all on PS3. I play a Krogan Sentinel or a Salarian Infiltrator and people don't mind when I melee everything or proximity bomb everything all the time. This is on Bronze, however. I guess people are more chill and not as serious on it than on the other difficulties. Eh, whatever. I'm still getting better at the game so I'm not playing on the other difficulties yet.

The_Waspman

Sep 14, 2011
J03bot said:
The_Waspman said:
The one thing that does annoy me though, is in wave 11, after repeated warnings, there is sometimes that one player who just wont even bother heading to the extraction point. I mean, its not hard to fall back when the timer hits 30 seconds, right? Unless your surrounded by Geth Pyro's or those frigging ravagers, 30 seconds is easily long enough to hold out, right?
I have now realised that 15 seconds is not long enough to run out, revive the person who decided holding the line wasn't their thing, and run back again. I ended up just outside the zone as the timer hit 0. (They ended up trying to take on a geth prime in melee combat. Perhaps I should have left them)

Thus far I've found people on silver to be good at sticking together (usually two teams of two). Bronze is always hilarious though, if only because wading into hordes of enemies to rescue stranded and downed team-mates is kinda fun.
Ha ha ha! Yup, at least whenever I've been killed during the final round I've always had the good grace to actually do it in the extraction zone.

Dectomax

Jun 17, 2010
RJ 17 said:
Pffft, you think that's an issue in Mass effect? Try battlefield 3. People seem to forget there are flags on conquest and I alone have to capture the bloody things!

I'm not sure why people find it so hard to work as a team? On the odd occasion you do get someone competent the game goes great and it can be really fun, but getting stuck with kids who have just switched from CoD because none of their friends are on is irritating as fuck.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
boag said:
Kalezian said:
Salarian Engineer

sniper

Black Widow
Why do people do this?

Seriously? Why?

I know the Widow is a cool weapon and all, but why put it on an Engie or Adept or character that requires fast cool downs to use his skills to the max?

I had an adept in my party yesterday, who barely used her powers, but she had a Widow, so you know, it was totally worth not being able to use biotics every few seconds so she could pick off one enemy every 10 seconds while my Quarian was actually using her abilities and one shotting mooks every 3 seconds with the huge Cloak boost to sniping.
That person makes me ashamed to be an Adept :( Please tell me she wasn't an Asari as well?

Running round with anything other than pistol equipped (or possibly the SMG as well I haven't seen it) is just plain daft for an Adept.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Dectomax said:
RJ 17 said:
Pffft, you think that's an issue in Mass effect? Try battlefield 3. People seem to forget there are flags on conquest and I alone have to capture the bloody things!

I'm not sure why people find it so hard to work as a team? On the odd occasion you do get someone competent the game goes great and it can be really fun, but getting stuck with kids who have just switched from CoD because none of their friends are on is irritating as fuck.
Heh heh, see? As I mentioned, GARS isn't something that specifically comes from CoD, it can come from any game in which you have to count on random players. Before GARS was diagnosed, it was known simply as "Being on the Shit Team." And it truly sucks when it feels like you're the only one trying. I haven't caught GARS too many times from ME3, most randoms have at least a general idea of "the game is telling me to go here or deactivate this or kill that...I'm gonna try to do it". But these guys were just absolutely clueless, like they thought the objective rounds were optional, as I'd imagine your BF3 "Green Arrows" figure that capturing flags is optional.

Dectomax

Jun 17, 2010
RJ 17 said:
Dectomax said:
RJ 17 said:

Heh heh, see? As I mentioned, GARS isn't something that specifically comes from CoD, it can come from any game in which you have to count on random players. Before GARS was diagnosed, it was known simply as "Being on the Shit Team." And it truly sucks when it feels like you're the only one trying. I haven't caught GARS too many times from ME3, most randoms have at least a general idea of "the game is telling me to go here or deactivate this or kill that...I'm gonna try to do it". But these guys were just absolutely clueless, like they thought the objective rounds were optional, as I'd imagine your BF3 "Green Arrows" figure that capturing flags is optional.
Haha, this is true...too many times, on too many a game have I seen this GARs you speak of!
But I beg to differ on the "Flags are optional" - I don't even think they realise there are flags on the map, just areas where more people are...

It got to the point where I'd have to teamkill one guy just so he would come and stand on the flag attempting to get revenge...(Scumbag tactic...but when you are the only one...lol )

I have noticed that atleast on Mass effect, the general consensus is that they should follow the team ( Which usually helps ) - consider yourself lucky they atleast understand that XD

Dec 14, 2009
Andy Shandy said:
Daystar Clarion said:
boag said:
Kalezian said:
Salarian Engineer

sniper

Black Widow
Why do people do this?

Seriously? Why?

I had an adept in my party yesterday, who barely used her powers, but she had a Widow, so you know, it was totally worth not being able to use biotics every few seconds so she could pick off one enemy every 10 seconds while my Quarian was actually using her abilities and one shotting mooks every 3 seconds with the huge Cloak boost to sniping.
That person makes me ashamed to be an Adept :( Please tell me she wasn't an Asari as well?

Running round with anything other than pistol equipped (or possibly the SMG as well I haven't seen it) is just plain daft for an Adept.
Aye, an asari as well :D

It was quit hilarious actually. We both had Widows, but while I was killing everything I was aiming at in one hit, she was missing a lot and going for body shots, but because she's an adept and not an infiltrator, was getting no bonus damage.

Friggin' useless, bottom of the scoreboard by a huge margin.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
I've found some really annoying players (like that krogan, but less vocal), but I still think the ME3 community overall is fairly good.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Dectomax said:
RJ 17 said:
Dectomax said:
RJ 17 said:

Haha, this is true...too many times, on too many a game have I seen this GARs you speak of!
But I beg to differ on the "Flags are optional" - I don't even think they realise there are flags on the map, just areas where more people are...

It got to the point where I'd have to teamkill one guy just so he would come and stand on the flag attempting to get revenge...(Scumbag tactic...but when you are the only one...lol )

I have noticed that atleast on Mass effect, the general consensus is that they should follow the team ( Which usually helps ) - consider yourself lucky they atleast understand that XD
LOL Teamkilling just to lure your team to the right frickin' spot? xD they always say that "Necessity is the mother of invention". Quite clever, I must say. :p

As for ME3 and people at least sticking with the squad, tell that to the N7 rank 17 guy playing the Krogan Sentinel he just found or the Human Vanguard on Silver. They have a tendency to wander off and get shot a lot. :p