Meaning of Life

shatnershaman

May 8, 2008
PurpleRain said:
Larenxis said:
So far, it seems like the meaning of life is creation. Honestly though, I don't think life needs a meaning. If it's just a blip in the chaos, I enjoy it just the same.
At least we're the only animals that watch movies and play games so I think we're doing well for ourselves. Go humans!
What happen to the master race velociraptors?

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
shatnershaman said:
PurpleRain said:
Larenxis said:
So far, it seems like the meaning of life is creation. Honestly though, I don't think life needs a meaning. If it's just a blip in the chaos, I enjoy it just the same.
At least we're the only animals that watch movies and play games so I think we're doing well for ourselves. Go humans!
What happen to the master race velociraptors?
Their games pray on the suffering on others. They don't watch TV, they're too busy tearing up your pet dog.

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
Humanity would be nothing without thumbs. If chimps didn't develop converse elongations on their hands, we would still be being chased after by nasties in Africa.

Saskwach

Nov 4, 2007
PurpleRain said:
We are just a mistake created by Cthulhu. When the stars allign he will awaken from his dreaming in R'yleh and destroy us all.
The time has come and I have awoken. I am coming for you.

Yes you.

TrevorOfCrete

Jun 14, 2008
The meaning of life : There isnt one, the real philisophical debate should be why do people insist of finding a meaning to life. People look for there hole lifetime, asking what do we do? A Bee creates honey and pollunates. What is a bee's meaning of life? Its certinly not them, that just what they do. What im trying to get at here is there is no meaning of life unless to create one for yourself. Then then become your meaning of life, not everyones.

Lazzi

Apr 12, 2008
Somethingironic said:
smallharmlesskitten said:
just gonna put it out there

42!!
Damn, okay boys, it's over. He got the answer.

(infuriated disagreement)

No, I'm serious, he's right, wenow know that the answer is forty two, I'm sorry, its just the answer. Clever bastard.

LOL I expected that damned HHGTTG reference at some point...
Heres the crazy thing. Do you know what 42 means?

Its the number to chromozomes that all humans the are able to reproduce have.

Somethingironic

Jul 5, 2008
TrevorOfCrete said:
The meaning of life : There isnt one, the real philisophical debate should be why do people insist of finding a meaning to life. People look for there hole lifetime, asking what do we do? A Bee creates honey and pollunates. What is a bee's meaning of life? Its certinly not them, that just what they do. What im trying to get at here is there is no meaning of life unless to create one for yourself. Then then become your meaning of life, not everyones.
But that's the beutiful yet tragic thing about mankind as a species. We don't just "DO" we think, we think about consequences, we wonder why, we wonder what if, we wonder so much, yet most of the time never find an answer. And sadly, some people will die unfulfilled if they don't just stop and go: WHO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT A MEANING?

But then again, maybe its like the old proverb says:

Life's a joke, and death's the punchline. If life has taught me anything, if there is a God, he definitely has a decent sense of humor. Sick and twisted humor in some cases, but at the end of the day, it's still pretty funny.

Somethingironic

Jul 5, 2008
Lazzi said:
Somethingironic said:

42!!

No, I'm serious, he's right, wenow know that the answer is forty two, I'm sorry, its just the answer. Clever bastard.

K, and PHI is the golden number that transcends most of the human body and mother nature, but if there is a meaning to life, (prolly isn't) it wouldn't really be a number, especially not a human one, or one based around human chromosomes.

Lazzi

Apr 12, 2008
Somethingironic said:
Lazzi said:
Somethingironic said:

42!!

K, and PHI is the golden number that transcends most of the human body and mother nature, but if there is a meaning to life, (prolly isn't) it wouldn't really be a number, especially not a human one, or one based around human chromosomes.
cant you just have little fun with life man.

way to be a mood killer

Somethingironic

Jul 5, 2008
Lazzi said:
cant you just have little fun with life man.

way to be a mood killer
Lol sorry, I just don't really want to get into the whole math/meaning of life/number 23 thing, I thought that that was what you were aiming for, my bad.

But anyways, I do have fun with life, a whole lot of fun, but I just want to adapt my understanding of life itself, theology itself and everything, I want your viewpoint on it, or any interesting theories you've heard, so get cracking!

BallPtPenTheif

Jun 11, 2008
i think that the biggest misconception about this topic is the idea that we are meant to be happy.

happiness is a moment, not a continual state of existence. you need sad, angry, and boring moments in order for the happy moments to be as good as they are. i believe contentment is the real thing that people should be trying to acheive.

Shivari

Jun 17, 2008
I think that searching for any meaning in life is a futile effort. It's something people do because they're convinced that they're "special", that their life matters in some way. But the truth is none of our lives really matter. We really are just one species that came about on a small planet in a huge universe. We will not live forever with a God, we will live and then die. The only meaning you can give to your life is one you make for yourself. It's a meaning that will die once your memory dies, but it's the only meaning you could hope to find.

Really wouldn't the best thing to give your life "meaning" would be as infamous/famous as possible? That's the only way you can truly be immortal in any way, if your legend lives on. I'm not talking famous like Paris Hilton or someone that 200 years from now no one will give a shit about, but someone that had a huge impact on the world as we know it (Einstein, Hitler, Jesus etc.) They're life gave something to the world to remember, no matter if it was good or evil, they're memory has a good chance at becoming immortal.

The Potato Lord

Dec 20, 2007
The Meaning of life? I'd say to find contentment, but I think in the moment before I die the true awnser will hit me just because that'd be ironically hilarious.

Somethingironic

Jul 5, 2008
BallPtPenTheif said:
i think that the biggest misconception about this topic is the idea that we are meant to be happy.

happiness is a moment, not a continual state of existence. you need sad, angry, and boring moments in order for the happy moments to be as good as they are. i believe contentment is the real thing that people should be trying to acheive.
That's exactly how I feel about happiness, and have mentioned it before. Happiness is only available with suffering and pain. The Eden analogy of the Bible is about Mankind's discordance with constant happiness. If we were always happy, would it ever be happy? No it would just be the normal. So pain is there and suffering is there and work is there to make those bouts of happiness all the sweeter.