Meet The Pyro

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
MercurySteam said:
We that's the whole team done now. TF3 anyone?
I actually do wonder where Valve could possibly go with a TF3, it's going to be hard to top TF2.

Of course, I'll bet that's what people said about the original TF and TF2 before it came out.
DustyDrB said:
Daystar Clarion said:
I swear, if Valve don't add a rainbow thrower, I'mma be pissed.
Psssst [http://www.teamfortress.com/pyromania/pyroland/].

[sub][sub][sub]I know I've quoted you twice on this, but...LOOK AT THAT[/sub][/sub][/sub]
Can't wait. Waiting for the update to finish as we speak.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
scorptatious said:
MercurySteam said:
I actually do wonder where Valve could possibly go with a TF3, it's going to be hard to top TF2.

Of course, I'll bet that's what people said about the original TF and TF2 before it came out.
DustyDrB said:
Daystar Clarion said:

[sub][sub][sub]I know I've quoted you twice on this, but...LOOK AT THAT[/sub][/sub][/sub]
Good luck. I couldn't join any servers. It took five minutes for anything I did with my items to register. I crafted the burnt items into an ash pile: Five minutes later I have a crate. Unlock the crate: Five minutes later I have a new fedora for my Scout. Select the fedora my Scout: Five minutes later he's wearing it.

But whatever. It'll be fine by Monday, if not sooner.

Amaury_games

Oct 13, 2010
Don Savik said:
Daystar Clarion said:
I second this. I want those weapons.

I've seen a lot of comments about it being disappointing because it doesn't show anything important about the character......but who cares? TF2 isn't a character driven experience, its a hat simulator with crazy weapons that gib people into meaty chunks. Personally I couldn't stop laughing when it first showed the viewpoint of the pyro.
Did you see that there's an item that let's you see what Pyro sees when he kills people and uses his weapons? It's already available and it's hilariously AWESOME!

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
DustyDrB said:
Good luck. I couldn't join any servers. It took five minutes for anything I did with my items to register. I crafted the burnt items into an ash pile: Five minutes later I have a crate. Unlock the crate: Five minutes later I have a new fedora for my Scout. Select the fedora my Scout: Five minutes later he's wearing it.

At least you freaking have your loadout. I've been playing since the update's gone live, nearly two hours, and I'm still not getting any connection to the item server.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
TheYellowCellPhone said:
DustyDrB said:

At least you freaking have your loadout. I've been playing since the update's gone live, nearly two hours, and I'm still not getting any connection to the item server.
I just gave up. It's a bummer to miss out since it's a big event night for the game, but I was getting nowhere just fiddling around failing to join servers and dealing with massive latency with the item servers.

So it's a Frozen Synapse night.

scorptatious

May 14, 2009
DustyDrB said:
scorptatious said:
MercurySteam said:

DustyDrB said:
Daystar Clarion said:

I'm trying to use this pile of ash so I can (hopefully) use one of the Pyro's pyromania weapons. But it keeps saying there's an error in loading it. It's kinda annoying. :(

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
That was beautifully demented.

The Medic still remains my favorite nut-job of the bunch but it was still great.

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
My favorite class just got crazy-psycho. I always thought he was, you know, a pyromaniac, but this is just scary. He's like Cthulhu in the real world and crap-in-pants nutty in his own mind.

General Twinkletoes

Suppository of Wisdom
Jan 24, 2011
DustyDrB said:
Daystar Clarion said:

๏_๏
That's the best thing ever created....

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
DustyDrB said:
TheYellowCellPhone said:
DustyDrB said:

I just gave up. It's a bummer to miss out since it's a big event night for the game, but I was getting nowhere just fiddling around failing to join servers and dealing with massive latency with the item servers.

So it's a Frozen Synapse night.
Trust me, Doomsday is nothing really great. It's effectively just King of the Hill, with the elevator climb from Hightower thrown in. Remember how annoying that elevator climb is, since you're so defenseless, the enemy team starts to spam you, and if you step off you immediately lose all progress? It's the same exact thing, except the elevator platform is a bit wider, and there's no traditional payload push before it. It's still full of Pyros, Tomislav Heavies, Engineers, and Scouts, and shame on you for trying to survive as any other class. Every case of Australium will be won by whichever team had the most Demoman and Heavies backing up their Scout (and it will always be a Scout who will take the Australium[/b]), the platform burns down to which team can overrun the other with Pyros, explosives and Mini-sentries - oh, as far as I know the lifting speed isn't sped up by how many players stand on the stage, and only the carrier can cause the elevator to rise. When the Australium is dropped by one team, the other team cannot pick it up as their own, they have to defend it from being picked up from DURR HURR Force-a-Nature Scouts for around fifteen seconds, in an area that will quickly become a big clusterfuck of particle effects; and when the case respawns as neutral, you still aren't guarenteed that the team that defended the case will get it, you have to hope that your team had the closer Scout.

It's more akin to a round of Hightower, only a bit faster and with annoying CTF mechanics involved. I'm probably never going to play it, achievements be damned. Generally talking: The team that starts ahead will stay ahead, and get yourself ready for Autoscrambles.

scorptatious

May 14, 2009
I must say, there's something about axtinguishing a spy and listening to him lie down and laugh and snort that's both really funny and kinda disturbing.

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
well that was very not worth the wait. pyro is my favorite character (mostly because its probably the easiest for me to dominate with) but that was by far my least favorite meet the x video

Carbonyl

Jun 2, 2011
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Can't. Stop. Screaming.
That was terrifying.
I guess I wasn't going to sleep tonight anyway.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Zhougdog said:
That Trumpet Rainbow-Thrower better be an unlockable item.
It is.

To everyone asking the same question. Please just go to the valve site -_-

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
Xiado said:
I think it would have been hilarious if the Pyro took off his/her mask and was still completely ambiguous and mysterious.
Wearing a balacava with reflective goggles...
That would make my day.

All these years of waiting... for this

I have never felt so fucking great!