Megan Fox Wants to Star in a Live-Action Sailor Moon Movie

Alex Co

Dec 11, 2013
Megan Fox Wants to Star in a Live-Action Sailor Moon Movie

[http://pv.webbyawards.com/2014/web/general-website/games-related]

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
I'd say no thank you. We don't need more whitewashed Americanized Japanese stuff. The Ring, The Grudge, and so on... Let Asian movies be Asian.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Queen Michael said:
I'd say no thank you. We don't need more whitewashed Americanized Japanese stuff. The Ring, The Grudge, and so on... Let Asian movies be Asian.
I think it really depends on the property. I don't think IPs such as Dragonball or Sailor Moon would fit well with a Hollywood version. But others, like Black Lagoon and Cowboy Bebop, could work.

Ratty

Jan 21, 2014
It's not surprising. She has spent so much time remaking stuff other people grew up with she's now thinking about projects that she liked herself as a kid. That said, I can't imagine any of those projects working out. On the surface Gundam Wing has the most chance because the cast is largely international. But as with Sailor Moon the main characters in GW are like 15 years old, and it loses a lot of the "war destroys innocence and everything beautiful" point if they're not.

Besides, we all remember how the previous attempt to whitewash Sailor Moon turned out.

Really this is just her spitballing though. She hasn't even looked into whether Sailor Moon was popular or not, when it's probably one of the most recognizable and successful anime of that decade globally.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
Short answer: No!

Long answer: Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

A lot of us are still hurting from the last time Hollywood failed to do an anime/manga adaptation properly. We called it Dragonball: Evolution. The last thing I wanna see is another property brutalized like that, especially if Megan "I've got the acting range of a 2x4 with a pair of silicon implants nailed to it" Fox is attached to it.

momijirabbit

Nov 2, 2012
I... I could see this happen, Megan can act but she is always thrown into the roles we all seem to know her for, this could work.

Uratoh

Jun 10, 2011
no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.

That being said, I could see her in a blonde wig as sailor Venus, playing up the somewhat vapid semi americanized depiction she sometimes has.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
Wait, so Megan Fox IS April O'Neil in the new TMNT movie? I thought that looked like her, but she didn't look as plastic and fake as I remember her looking in the Transformers movies. They must have worked hard to make her not look like such a Barbie doll, or she got some plastic surgery to reverse some of the things she had done before, like her lips and around her eyes.

Sep 14, 2009
Queen Michael said:
yay for racism and nationalism!

*highly kidding, I couldn't care less*

OT: I'm surprised she actually knows what gundam wing and sailor moon even is, she didn't quite seem the type to know what those are, but hey, cool.

I honestly wouldn't go see it in theater, but if enough people wanted it I don't see why not.

Don't we have some members on this forum with sailor moon characters as their avatar?...I swore I've seen a couple around.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Finally, girl geeks can hate Megan like the guy geeks do!

Queen Michael said:
Isn't Sailor Moon, by its nature, already Americanised?

Mr. Q said:
Short answer: No!

Long answer: Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

A lot of us are still hurting from the last time Hollywood failed to do an anime/manga adaptation properly. We called it Dragonball: Evolution. The last thing I wanna see is another property brutalized like that, especially if Megan "I've got the acting range of a 2x4 with a pair of silicon implants nailed to it" Fox is attached to it.
This is why Sailor Moon would be the perfect project for her, from my perspective. I never cared for the show anyway.

....Come on, guys, my childhood needs a rest!

Actually, I really don't care what's done to Transformers or Ninja Turtles, but I wanted to fit in.

Lilani said:
Wait, so Megan Fox IS April O'Neil in the new TMNT movie? I thought that looked like her, but she didn't look as plastic and fake as I remember her looking in the Transformers movies. They must have worked hard to make her not look like such a Barbie doll, or she got some plastic surgery to reverse some of the things she had done before, like her lips and around her eyes.
I don't know. I think she was intentionally made to look plastic for Transformers. Clearly, it's the only way Sam would dare approach her.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
That could...surprisingly work....

The thing with Megan is, she can actually act, it's just she is given roles that just don't work with her...

Example, Transformers, sure she was good, but the girl from DOTM who played Carly, would of bee much better, as she actually had a backstory that could of been flushed out (her brother etc) Megans character had nothing going for her. She was playing the helpless girlfriend and love interest, but in that same respect, they forcefully gave her character something to do, which doesn't work. You can't have a helpless love interest in a film pluck up the courage to drive BACKWARDS WITH A GIANT ROBOT BLASTING THINGS! And then have her in the same role again in the second, it just kills the character -.-

And don't even get me started on that stupid vampire film she was in -.-

I'm hoping in TMNT she is actually good.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I would fucking love to see a live-action Gundam Wing movie.

I love the anime and it can probably be done considering Pacific Rim showed that it can be done.

As for Sailor Moon? Maybe...?

I'm not sure how the powers and everything would work as a live-action movie. The effects budget would have to be crazy huge and make it so it wouldn't be cheesy and lame as hell. I guess it could work. With Fox involved? I dunno. Would have to see how she does in TMNT first before I'd comment on that.

Ratty

Jan 21, 2014
gmaverick019 said:
OT: I'm surprised she actually knows what gundam wing and sailor moon even is, she didn't quite seem the type to know what those are, but hey, cool.

I honestly wouldn't go see it in theater, but if enough people wanted it I don't see why not.

Don't we have some members on this forum with sailor moon characters as their avatar?...I swore I've seen a couple around.
They were both on Toonami in the late nineties and early oughts. Toonami was huge back then, at least where I was. It was big enough to eventually get 2 spinoffs[footnote]"Toonami The Midnight Run" which showed Gundam Wing and other shows "Uncut" i.e. someone would say "damn" every now and then. I think the Midnight Run was what planted the seeds for Adult Swim. And later there was the "Toonami Rising Sun" weekend morning program bloc, but I'd pretty much stopped watching by that point. Since I was growing out of my weeaboo phase.[/footnote] anyway, so I wouldn't be surprised if she watched them on that. Everyone I knew ran home to watch Toonami, switched over to Kids!WB to watch Pokemon, then switched back to Toonami.

Norithics

Jul 4, 2013
Queen Michael said:
What's funny about you saying this is that there was actually a live-action Sailor Moon [http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5d/PGSM_Cover.jpg]. One of the chief complaints about it was that the characters didn't look anything like the ones on the show, because they didn't have the right natural hair color, or the faces/eyes to go with them.

Anyway, whatever! If it happened, it might be neat. I'd shell out the bucks to see it.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
Queen Michael said:
Since it's a Japanese manga and a Japanese anime about Japanese people, I'd have to say no to that.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I...this...I just.
The level of hate I feel for Megan Fox and Hollywood at this point.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Queen Michael said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
Queen Michael said:
Since it's a Japanese manga and a Japanese anime about Japanese people, I'd have to say no to that.
How kind of them to make it in English for us, then.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
That would only happen if Michael Bay was somehow let loose on Sailor Moon, which would probably be funny to be honest. Instead of Asian girls they are grizzled ex-marines back from Afghanistan trying to live normal lives and be super kawaii.

Ratty

Jan 21, 2014
Zachary Amaranth said:
How kind of them to make it in English for us, then.
It was dubbed into English after originally being in Japanese. It's rare for an anime to be made with English dialog in mind, though not unheard of. Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust was made with English dialog as the default iirc. because the original anime had been so much more popular in the west than in Japan itself.

The art in Sailor Moon was also altered to take out a lot of the Japanese text on signs and things in the English release. Since there were a lot of real-life ads strewn through the background art of the original, or so I've heard.